Erling Braut Haaland

bastardo

His acceleration is incredible for how tall he is. So far his technique is pretty underwhelming and his headers are pretty bad for, again, how tall he is. But those dont matter when he has the best midfielder in the world assisting him.

Zidane82

His acceleration is incredible for how tall he is. So far his technique is pretty underwhelming and his headers are pretty bad for, again, how tall he is. But those dont matter when he has the best midfielder in the world assisting him.

Crazy that headers are his only real weakness ( like 6? 7? Peter Crouch ) but he is improving in that aspect.

His technique is extremely underrated

Co0ter

Eto'o was elusive but not super technical. And Ibra actually started off great if you remember correctly. It's only once Pep started telling him to stick around the last defender that things went downhill- due to the tactic not working and Ibra butting heads with Pep about it, ultimately leading Pep to pushing him out, moving Messi to false 9 and getting Villa.

Haaland isnt crazy technical but he's not a tap in merchant either. He has shown he can link up well with teammates, even last game. I think a lot of people commenting on him have barely even watched him play the past 2.5 years.

Birdy

How many scoring centre forwards were as good as Haaland and with his scoring stats at his age ( 22) ?

Any ??

You skipped all my points.

But, even that kind of argument, is bad.
I don't care if he has a scoring record at 22.
The way he plays, where he relies on acceleration and pace to do everything, might mean his career ending at 28
Either due to injuries OR due to the fact of his body not following the same levels of pace and acceleration after aging

We have seen the same scenario so many times
Michael Owen was fucking amazing at 22, how long did his career last though?

Birdy

Eto'o was elusive but not super technical. And Ibra actually started off great if you remember correctly. It's only once Pep started telling him to stick around the last defender that things went downhill- due to the tactic not working and Ibra butting heads with Pep about it, ultimately leading Pep to pushing him out, moving Messi to false 9 and getting Villa.

Haaland isnt crazy technical but he's not a tap in merchant either. He has shown he can link up well with teammates, even last game. I think a lot of people commenting on him have barely even watched him play the past 2.5 years.

I stopped reading at 'Etoo was not super technical'

You are too young probably and haven't watched him at all

vegitot

As long as he has acres of spaces behind the defense to run into AND as long as he doesn't fuck up the chance with his heavy touches
yes, he can score goals...
WOW, I bet there are tons of players who can do the same even with less speed and acceleration.
Couldn't Lukaku for instance play the same role in open space like he did wonderfully at Inter for 2 seasons?

Barca was always about breaking buses and tight spaces.
That's the way we play, and that's the way our opponents play against us.
You can't succeed with an un-technical player like Haaly no matter how fast he is and how high he can jump.
Even Ibra, a baller, failed here, he couldn't get the Barca positional game and the way to play here.
When will the lesson be learned??

Not tons of players can score back to back hattrick in his debut like Haaland did. Now he just scores a brace.

Talk about limited technique, Dembele your star is one of them. But winger is different than striker though.

Ibra failed here due to many reasons, despite his exceptional technique. Lack of off ball movement, bad work rate, bad form and bad relationship with Pep.

Also Pep now is different than Pep from 12 years ago.

Co0ter

I stopped reading at 'Etoo was not super technical'

You are too young probably and haven't watched him at all

You should continue reading, you might learn something.

I've watched Barca regularly since Dinho, and when it was actually on TV in the states back during Ronaldo's only season. Good try though.

Eto'o had acceleration, speed, workrate and an amazing, elusive first touch. His passing, vision and link up werent particularly strong attributes.

Co0ter

You probably are the only one who likes watching tap in highlights

GEt over yourself

You make this comment after he scored a great non tap in goal JUST last game, which is hilarious. I have no faith in you making an actual educated comment based on his time in Dortmund. Like I said, a waste of space.

Birdy

You should continue reading, you might learn something.

I've watched Barca regularly since Dinho, and when it was actually on TV in the states back during Ronaldo's only season. Good try though.

Eto'o had acceleration, speed, workrate and an amazing, elusive first touch. His passing, vision and link up werent particularly strong attributes.

Eto'o was the perfect match for a Barca CF
He was exceptional in tight spaces, and could generate shooting angles with 1 or 2 touches. That's technique mate.
Vision and passing have nothing to do. He was not a md.

Something that your blonde tall tap-in merchant cannot do even in his wildest dreams

gasgas

What do you people mean by "technical ability"?
What is the definition?

I thought having the skillset to do your fucking job is technical.

Am i wrong?

Birdy

What do you people mean by "technical ability"?
What is the definition?

I thought having the skillset to do your fucking job is technical.

Am i wrong?

It's how good connection you have with the ball.
Control is the first manifestation of technique.
You can think of Messi as the prototype of the best technique a footballer can have

Home of Barca Fans