Erling Haaland

Co0ter

lol @ all the people stating for whatever reason Haaland will struggle blah blah

Just stop, the kid is quality and the best striker prospect by far. Like no one else is even close. He was exactly who I've been saying I'd want at Barca for years now.

City got him. It sucks but get over it. Stop saying dumb shit and acting like the kid isn't extraordinary at 22. Pep has no excuse now, he literally has everything. A chimp could coach City to a CL title.

iniestaGOAT

lol @ all the people stating for whatever reason Haaland will struggle blah blah

Just stop, the kid is quality and the best striker prospect by far. Like no one else is even close. He was exactly who I've been saying I'd want at Barca for years now.

City got him. It sucks but get over it. Stop saying dumb shit and acting like the kid isn't extraordinary at 22. Pep has no excuse now, he literally has everything. A chimp could coach City to a CL title.

He is like tapnaldo I wouldn't even watching his highlights on YouTube cause they are so lame

vegitot

You think anything from what was said about him changed??

Why?
Because he scored a goal that was all De Bruyne?? Or he converted a pen?
LOL :lol:

He is still super bad on the ball, and can't direct simple headers towards the back of the net for instance.

Watch Lewy's goal and 2 assists tonight, for instance.
He would never be able to do that in his entire football life...

He isn't a techical gifted player but he has everything for a goalscorer. First goal he earns a pk by himself. Second goal, great through ball from De Bruyne but Haaland also has good movement and show his pace. Also very clean finish.

City have a great player so far.

Barcilliant

He's a great player. He has some flaws but which player doesn't. He is young and will only improve. Hopefully we get him 8n two years. Amazingly he will only be 23 by than.

Andresito

Staff member
Won't be a clear choice as both Madrid and Barca have aging #9's needing replacement just when Haaland's clause becomes active. But his clause might be a bit too high. Depends on how much he dominates at City.

Blackened

You could actually be correct although it will take him nearer 15 years not ten - as this kid literally has no limitations if he can avoid serious injuries .... and yet for some reason you talk absolute gubbins about Lewandowski

My point was actually quite opposite. I dont rate Haaland that highly. He is big, strong, extremelly fast and happens to be a naturally intuitive finisher. Apart from that he is nothing special. What I mean is that in todays football world where the margins with the giant teams against most if their opposition is so big and with the nutrition&medical science and co, it is now easier than ever to score goals week-in week-out, year after year. There will be more Haalands in the future. Players who are not that talented in the traditional football ability department, but have some physical atrributes (mainly pace) so they can succeed and create these crazy statistics never seen before. Haaland will end up with many more goals and trophies than say the original Ronaldo or Suarez, yet talent-wise he cant lace their shoes. But statistics are what people seem to love more than the obvious eye factor. Maybe Haaland will be hailed as the greatest of all time on 10 years.

Zidane82

Poor man's Lewandowski

Behave

Both marvellous players

Haaland ( if he avoids serious injuries) will be THE next big player after Messi i( and Busquets obviously) imho

Intriguingly I saw something about his representatives saying that this move to City was just a stepping block in his learning process before he gets his BIG move to one of the two Spanish giants

Last edited:

Zidane82

My point was actually quite opposite. I dont rate Haaland that highly. He is big, strong, extremelly fast and happens to be a naturally intuitive finisher. Apart from that he is nothing special. What I mean is that in todays football world where the margins with the giant teams against most if their opposition is so big and with the nutrition&medical science and co, it is now easier than ever to score goals week-in week-out, year after year. There will be more Haalands in the future. Players who are not that talented in the traditional football ability department, but have some physical atrributes (mainly pace) so they can succeed and create these crazy statistics never seen before. Haaland will end up with many more goals and trophies than say the original Ronaldo or Suarez, yet talent-wise he cant lace their shoes. But statistics are what people seem to love more than the obvious eye factor. Maybe Haaland will be hailed as the greatest of all time on 10 years.

After watching him play and watching his interviews ( and remarkable clips of him in training clips ) .. I am so impressed.

He also has that Ibra-like self confidence which in itself is so important .

Look how many talented players flop when they get to a big club

Birdy

He isn't a techical gifted player but he has everything for a goalscorer. First goal he earns a pk by himself. Second goal, great through ball from De Bruyne but Haaland also has good movement and show his pace. Also very clean finish.

City have a great player so far.

As long as he has acres of spaces behind the defense to run into AND as long as he doesn't fuck up the chance with his heavy touches
yes, he can score goals...
WOW, I bet there are tons of players who can do the same even with less speed and acceleration.
Couldn't Lukaku for instance play the same role in open space like he did wonderfully at Inter for 2 seasons?

Barca was always about breaking buses and tight spaces.
That's the way we play, and that's the way our opponents play against us.
You can't succeed with an un-technical player like Haaly no matter how fast he is and how high he can jump.
Even Ibra, a baller, failed here, he couldn't get the Barca positional game and the way to play here.
When will the lesson be learned??

Home of Barca Fans