Erling Braut Haaland

Porque

Even so, the data is more favourable to Haaland than Darwin. You are paying 25% more for a more proven player over a number of top flight seasons.

If both were resold today, Haaland would get offers of 100m and Darwin Nunez would not. So, perspective.

Birdy

City is used to getting mid 90s points, there is only so much you can improve on that.

But there is much you can mess up, right?

I predict Haaland to flop, at least in his first year(s) at City...
Would pad his stats with goals against the So'tons, the Villas, the Bournemouths and the like,

but in top6 derbys or crucial CL derbys, City will lose portion of control they exert on the game, will get less possession, will be more prone at the back,
and would get easier frustrated against good parked buses.

We will see if I will be correct or not, but if it's the former I don't see City anywhere close to clinging CL under that approach

fergus90

But there is much you can mess up, right?

I predict Haaland to flop, at least in his first year(s) at City...
Would pad his stats with goals against the So'tons, the Villas, the Bournemouths and the like,

but in top6 derbys or crucial CL derbys, City will lose portion of control they exert on the game, will get less possession, will be more prone at the back,
and would get easier frustrated against good parked buses.

We will see if I will be correct or not, but if it's the former I don't see City anywhere close to clinging CL under that approach

You cannot be lumping former European Champions with tin pot clubs like Bournemouth. Plus Diego Carlos is going to pocket him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are people actually arguing that Darwin is better than Haaland? Being serious too?

I don't think some of you realize how good Haaland has actually become on crosses now too. It's incredible how much he's improved in that area. So even vs. parked buses City have him now to cross to.

Even on a technical basis it's not like Darwin is far ahead as he has a donkey touch half the time. His technique is inconsistent at best and is actually one of his weaknesses.

And I like Darwin Nunez a lot and think he can become the real deal and a complete striker.

I'm surprised someone always pointing towards data and objectivity is letting his apparent City or Pep-hate cloud his judgement lol.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Will be usual.

Folk saying Haaland will fail will claim it if he scores 40 goals and doesnt score in CL final.

Goal posts will move constantly.

Laplacian

Are people actually arguing that Darwin is better than Haaland? Being serious too?

Lmao, I said it before man a lot of users here have a bone to pick with Haaland. I don't understand why since he has no ties to us or our rivals, but a lot of people just want him to fail so badly they're constantly trying to nitpick faults in his style of play.

"Sure he scores literally every game, but he can't do stepovers. Not complete like Benzema, shit."

"Sure he scores literally every game, but not all of them are amazing solo goals. Some of them are tap ins. Fati is better."

The nitpicking for a player of his calibre just so they can downplay him and justify their prediction that he'll suck in a "better league" is hilarious. It's been around since 2020.

There's no point in arguing with these people because they just want one result in their mind and that's Haaland's failure. Just ignore them. All you have to do is wait a few months to ping their usernames when Haaland's scoring every other game in the premier league.

But then again once he starts scoring in the premier league it'll be something along the lines:

"yeah but City creates a lot of chances that literally any decent striker would be able to score a lot of goals. If Darwin was there he'd score just as many."

Zidane82

With KDB , Bernardo, Mahrez , Grealish providing endless chances Haaland will score 25 to 30 goals easy -I would not rule out him getting 35 to 40 . Hell , flamin Sterling scored 13 league goals and he fluffs most of his chances ..

The odd thing is he cannot make much of a difference to their points total as they only lost two or three games ..

Birdy

Lmao, I said it before man a lot of users here have a bone to pick with Haaland. I don't understand why since he has no ties to us or our rivals, but a lot of people just want him to fail so badly they're constantly trying to nitpick faults in his style of play.

"Sure he scores literally every game, but he can't do stepovers. Not complete like Benzema, shit."

"Sure he scores literally every game, but not all of them are amazing solo goals. Some of them are tap ins. Fati is better."

The nitpicking for a player of his calibre just so they can downplay him and justify their prediction that he'll suck in a "better league" is hilarious. It's been around since 2020.

There's no point in arguing with these people because they just want one result in their mind and that's Haaland's failure. Just ignore them. All you have to do is wait a few months to ping their usernames when Haaland's scoring every other game in the premier league.

But then again once he starts scoring in the premier league it'll be something along the lines:

"yeah but City creates a lot of chances that literally any decent striker would be able to score a lot of goals. If Darwin was there he'd score just as many."
:lol:
Says the guy who complained about Dembouz not dribbling via stepovers despite his % rate?

Birdy

With KDB , Bernardo, Mahrez , Grealish providing endless chances Haaland will score 25 to 30 goals easy -I would not rule out him getting 35 to 40 . Hell , flamin Sterling scored 13 league goals and he fluffs most of his chances ..

The odd thing is he cannot make much of a difference to their points total as they only lost two or three games ..

He can get 40...
Problem is that would not be added on the top of what others scored this season as many think.
It will take away most of their goals, as most of City's moves will come down to him finishing.
I bet City would score less than this season.

Then, there's ton of other issues, that his fanboys fail to see.
His technique and link-up play is horrible, and in the tough games that would require the CF to drop deep and do stuff City will lose the edge they now have

Temptation

He can get 40...
Problem is that would not be added on the top of what others scored this season as many think.
It will take away most of their goals, as most of City's moves will come down to him finishing.
I bet City would score less than this season.

Then, there's ton of other issues, that his fanboys fail to see.
His technique and link-up play is horrible, and in the tough games that would require the CF to drop deep and do stuff City will lose the edge they now have

Another point would be Haaland thrives when there's space to run in behind. Pretty similar to Vardy in this regard, which explains Vardy's record against Top teams who play a higher line.

Almost everybody parks the bus against City and you have to be extremely good in tight spaces to flourish in that. Haaland will have one of his biggest strengths nullified: running in behind. Interested to see how he does when teams sit in a low block.

JamDav1982

He doesnt need to add to goals on top of what they have as much as help them win CL and maintain league titles v improving Liverpool.

If they score less or about the same and Haaland takes them to CL or is decisive in tight games they wont care that score same v shitter sides they pump anyway.

Same arguments will apply to Nunez if thats the rules also.

fergus90

I can’t see him flopping. There’s something inevitable about Erling Haaland. Plus I hope he doesn’t, he’s a likeable character.

Birdy

He doesnt need to add to goals on top of what they have as much as help them win CL and maintain league titles v improving Liverpool.

If they score less or about the same and Haaland takes them to CL or is decisive in tight games they wont care that score same v shitter sides they pump anyway.

Same arguments will apply to Nunez if thats the rules also.

How will he help them win CL, when in TOUGH Games (which are CL knock-outs) his presence will take away big part of total control City exert on the game?
And be assured top CL teams can park the bus really tight against City.

OC same problems might be faced by Nunez.
Difference is Pool have already been playing with a striker this season, be it Jota the first half and Mane the second half of the season.
They will not teak their system as much.
City are not playing with traditional striker since Pep's 4-4-2 experimentation started, circa early 2020

JamDav1982

How will he help them win CL, when in TOUGH Games (which are CL knock-outs) his presence will take away big part of total control City exert on the game?
And be assured top CL teams can park the bus really tight against City.

OC same problems might be faced by Nunez.
Difference is Pool have already been playing with a striker this season, be it Jota the first half and Mane the second half of the season.
They will not teak their system as much.
City are not playing with traditional striker since Pep's 4-4-2 experimentation started, circa early 2020

Aye City getting on well dominating in the tough games in CL. Keep with more of the same and 'control of ball'.

City missed a ton of chances v Real and lacked pace to hurt them on break when Real opened up to take risks and get back in game.

Haaland doesnt just hinge on CL anyway nor does he have to add a ton of goals.

Just firing out as many different scenarios as can to make him a bad signing.

As for Liverpool.. no they have not had a 9 target man like Nunez.. which is why they have brought him in. They were badly lacking that in games such as the CL final and even the domestic finals v Chelsea that went to pens. Games where teams took their chances on Liverpool being left to cross the ball often as sat deep and narrow.

Neither Jota or Mane are natural CFs or the role Klopp wants there.. or wouldnt be spending 100m on Nunez.

Pep hasnt been playing a 442 either.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans