Erling Braut Haaland

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He basically hovered around the penalty box waiting for service most of the time, had very little to do. Did drop back a few times to receive the ball to set up his teammates but nothing came out of them. To me this is what sets Mbappe apart from Haaland, Mbappe can drive the ball forward through defense and Haaland needs service much more than Mbappe.

How is that going to suit us?

fergus90

He basically hovered around the penalty box waiting for service most of the time, had very little to do. Did drop back a few times to receive the ball to set up his teammates but nothing came out of them. To me this is what sets Mbappe apart from Haaland, Mbappe can drive the ball forward through defense and Haaland needs service much more than Mbappe.

I'm a big fan of Mbappe but he also has far better players serving him chances too. Dortmund are 5th in the Bundesliga for a reason. Haaland is a 9, Mbappe is a LW with more strings to his bow.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The commentator on my coverage said “City probably changed their mind and would not go for Haaland after this tie”.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

How is that going to suit us?

Halaand >Mbappe
Mbappe wouldn't be as useful as a halaand for us what so ever..

Commentators are dumb fucks so stupidity is expected from them. Don't think they had the intention of paying anywhere ensr what Dortmund demanded anyway

Last edited:

fergus90

Haaland has 33 goals in 35 games this season for a team that cannot barely create anything clear cut for him. You compare that to the amount of times City were through tonight, he'd get hatfuls of chances per game at a better team.

Marshall D Teach

His off the ball movement is something we desperately need

The best we have right now in that department is Dembele :lol:

We're lacking in finishing too, and Haaland provides that in spades

Last edited:

Tackle

Don't think there is any delusion about Haaland being able to control matches apart from scoring and creating space. Very clearly a proper number 9 and if his team is getting dominated in the middle of the the park he will be anonymous on most nights.

Mbappe has shown to be more proficient at driving the play especially on counters, but having Neymar on your side is very different than a crocked Marco Reus, or Emre Can.

Want to see Haaland at a big club before passing judgment.

Joan

If we're being honest, neither of them is your typical Barca player. But we'd be happy to end up with either.

Home of Barca Fans