Erling Braut Haaland

Newcomer

Assuming that a release clause really does exist in his contract, he may also be looking for a contract extension for Haaland with a a pay increase + a big fat bonus in return for the removal of the release clause. Just a thought!; I have not read up on the details.

Haaland only wants to go forward and Dortmund is already "failing" to deliver that by having an hard time to qualify for Champions League.

He has already proven he has the level to go to a club really competing for titles and it would make no sense to renew.

Newcomer

too late for that it seems. as a player you should know what you want. this circus of discussing with every club is done only for money.

It is Raiola way and it has proven successful to get what you want. Players get the optimal salary. Selling clubs get the optimal transfer fee. Raiola and other agent ( family) get a fat fee.

Newcomer

Also Neymar was apparently offered more to go to Real and FDJ was offered more by PSG.

Where did you get that info about FDJ and PSG ? If anything, the transfer fee Bar?a paid for FDJ kinda points to Bar?a upping the offer. At the time, no one was taking about a 86 M (75 + 11) transfer for him. It was always 75 millions quoted with PSG offer. If it is to be believed, it is not too far fetched to think Bar?a matched or surpassed PSG wage offer.

behindbrowneyes

Haaland only wants to go forward and Dortmund is already "failing" to deliver that by having an hard time to qualify for Champions League.

He has already proven he has the level to go to a club really competing for titles and it would make no sense to renew.

This.
The release clause was a condition for him to even sign that contract with Dortmund. Without release clause, no Haaland for Dortmund. Manchester United for instance, didn't want to meet this demand and therefore didn't get him.

jamrock

If we are to sign him, we should just wait until next season, spending another 120+ on a forward during this time isn't a smart move, if we miss out on him so be it, someone else always comes along.

behindbrowneyes

If we are to sign him, we should just wait until next season, spending another 120+ on a forward during this time isn't a smart move, if we miss out on him so be it, someone else always comes along.

As long as we don't know the exact numbers it is hard to decide which option is better. Remember, release clauses have to be paid in one installment while negotiated fees usually get paid over a longer period of time.

Laplacian

This.
The release clause was a condition for him to even sign that contract with Dortmund. Without release clause, no Haaland for Dortmund. Manchester United for instance, didn't want to meet this demand and therefore didn't get him.

Dude was pretty smart.
He knew Dortmund would strongarm his departure the moment he wanted to leave. It's about time top talents started treating Dortmund for what it really is: a training center and a stepping stone for a player's career.

Newcomer

Dude was pretty smart.
He knew Dortmund would strongarm his departure the moment he wanted to leave. It's about time top talents started treating Dortmund for what it really is: a training center and a stepping stone for a player's career.

It is Raiola power. Dortmund even said they made an exception this time by allowing him this release clause fee, contrary to their policy.

He managed to do the same with De Ligt at Juventus.

Imo, the fact he couldn't get Pogba out of MU when the player and the agent wanted to sever the relationship made mandatory this release clause in contract for his clients.

That being said, i don't think he will insist on it if the players sign for "end game" type of clubs like Real, Bar?a, Bayern (Juventus while a top club isn't really there financially, MU while a massive club doesn't compete since Ferguson departure) or if the players are happy where they are (Verratti).

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

His next club will be a big fish and even if he doesn't get a reasonable release clause (remember Neymar!) he'll have enough time to join a Premier League or La Liga club at the age of 26/27. I can imagine he visions a Ibrahimovic type of career in less extremes, aiming to play in every top league during his career. This would also be something in favor of his father and Raiola, getting lots of money for every move. Not that a contract extension comes without a bonus like seen with Messi or Neymar (loyalty bonus or whatever you wanna call it).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His personality is nothing like Zlatan's so I'm not sure he'll be one to keep hopping between clubs, but talking about that, if he want to play in the PL first then joining Man City and staying there until Pep leaves to hop to Barca or Real Madrid would be the move for them.

Andresito

Staff member
Will absolutely smash in the Europa League next season. Dortmund are looking awful and I doubt they'll qualify for CL.

Bobo32

You don't think Mbappe would suit a Samuen Eto'o role?

In terms of a traditional Barcelona 11, Mbappe seems a great fit to me.

Nah I don't think so, Eto'o was much more of a warrior and a killer in front of goal.
Mbappe is fast and pretty technical, I think he still has some hype from when he was so young. His style is closer than Haalands to Barcelonas but he's not a perfect fit, and I don't think he can decide a game on his own like Haaland can. Maybe on a free transfer and (at the most) a Dembele wage it would be worth it, but that wouldn't be the case obviously...

For me to want anything else than a striker able to play as a midfielder, he really needs to be a great, great striker, even more so when Barcelona already have the GOAT wandering about and playing on inspiration.

Home of Barca Fans