Erling Braut Haaland

serghei

Unlikely much of a discount next summer just higher fees to Haaland/Raiola and his father.

Only if you think Haaland and Raiola will give up their fat checks. Maybe they won't and those bonuses will be added on top of what clubs will have to pay to Dortmund.

El Flaco

He probably changed his name to Haaland to sound more anglicized and better for sponsorship / marketing opportunities.

Yannik

Raiola will easily want Haaland transferred next summer, since he can make a bigger cut from the deal. However if Dortmund will miss out on CL, then I think Haaland will want out this summer.

BBZ8800

Not sure if teams will break the bank for him this summer when they could get him at a much-discounted price in 2022.

Next year, all teams will be after him.
This year less teams will be after him.

It's like an auction:
1) would you pay 150m right now and know that it is yours?
2) or would you wait and risk to get him for the lower price (let's say 120) but then you might lose him due to more teams being interest, crazy agent deals, shady behind the table wage offers, Quatar stepping in and similar?

But then, even the transfer fee might not be lower in 2022 due to a lof of teams bidding on the auction, like with Frenkie and De Light.

I would always go for the option 1.

Last edited:

serghei

You have to have 150m to pay it. Teams that function based on the income-expenses relation could have trouble funding this transfer under current conditions. Most traditional clubs (read non-oil) are already registering massive losses.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also, says who it is 150m? I have seen even higher numbers rumored to be asked by Dortmund if he leaves this summer, 200m upwards.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Dortmund miss out on CL along with the losses they are set to make this year they'll have to sell players and the only two players who could get them a good fee is Sancho and Haaland.

Not sure they'll have the leverage to demand 150m-200m then.

Yannik

If Dortmund miss out on CL along with the losses they are set to make this year they'll have to sell players and the only two players who could get them a good fee is Sancho and Haaland.

They did make some losses lately, but remember Barca went down to like 1.2bn in the shitters, while Dortmund is maybe 50-70m down. They will probably look to sell one of their players, but they are generally profitable outside of the pandemic so they aren't exactly desperate to offload anyone with a value.

JamDav1982

Only if you think Haaland and Raiola will give up their fat checks. Maybe they won't and those bonuses will be added on top of what clubs will have to pay to Dortmund.

No sure what that means.

You are assuming Haaland is cheaper next season due to the clause when it may not be the case if the difference goes to Haaland/agent/father.

El Flaco

With Haaland's €75m release clause being activated next year, I think Dortmund have to sell him this summer.

His value is all-time high and most top clubs would love having top 2 striker in the world throughout 2020s.

I think Dortmund have the leverage to demand €150-200m or even more.

Top clubs probably don't want to risk somebody else take him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They did make some losses lately, but remember Barca went down to like 1.2bn in the shitters, while Dortmund is maybe 50-70m down. They will probably look to sell one of their players, but they are generally profitable outside of the pandemic so they aren't exactly desperate to offload anyone with a value.

The 1.2 billion number is our total liabilities whereas Dortmund's 50-70m number is loss from last season, not comparable. We lost around 97m last season and will likely incur more this season.

But I agree with the point, I don't see why Dortmund will be needing to sell players this summer.

Home of Barca Fans