Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

khaled_a_d

Really good post but a critical difference between prime Umtiti and Garcia, the main reason why people never larped about Umtiti's physique, was Umtiti's acceleration. Umtiti may not be as tall as other elite CBs, but his speed and agility were the main reason he was elite. Garcia doesn't have that and never will, as speed is something that's determined very early in your physical development regardless of how much muscle mass you have.

Umtiti was an athletic freak for sure, one of the main reasons that he was never able to regain half of his form after injury as he was someone reliant on his athletic ability more than technique and smartness (although injury can screw any player anyway). I was just comparing the strength aspect between both.

vegitot

Umtiti was an athletic freak for sure, one of the main reasons that he was never able to regain half of his form after injury as he was someone reliant on his athletic ability more than technique and smartness (although injury can screw any player anyway). I was just comparing the strength aspect between both.

No way Garcia can comapare physical strength to Umtiti pre injuried. Being taller and more kg don't mean you are stronger.

What is worst about Garcia, imo, is not his physical strength, it is his defending ability. He is still very young which is nice as he has plenty time to improve. But he isn't a gifted CB.

khaled_a_d

There is more to how strong someone is than just weight. Messi is 1.70 and weighs 70kg and Alba is 1.70 tall and weighs 68kg.

Umititi and Garcia might weigh the same but Umtiti in his prime was way stronger (not to mention faster , better in the air etc) than Garcia.

That is for sure, but there is also an element of weight in the strength discussion. I think this is something we can agree with.
For a 20 years old player, I think it is normal to not in best strength, that is my point.
For his age, he is at a good point, I think he probably has the lowest body fat percentage in the team with the body he has, which isn't a healthy thing but should improve within age.

ajnotkeith

That is for sure, but there is also an element of weight in the strength discussion. I think this is something we can agree with.
For a 20 years old player, I think it is normal to not in best strength, that is my point.
For his age, he is at a good point, I think he probably has the lowest body fat percentage in the team with the body he has, which isn't a healthy thing but should improve within age.

Did you mean highest body fat?

If he weighs more than Umtiti and is shorter, but looks much smaller, it indicates that a lot of his weight is fat and not muscle mass.

He is probably 'skinny-fat'.

xXKonan

I'm going to be patient with him.

I've gotten so sick of Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti that I will take anything at this point. Araujo, Garcia, and Mingueza are the only defenders I'm happy with so far. Dest needs to step the hell up as for the others, just a bunch of clown shoes stuff right now.

Total-Football

It pains me how pique and buskets are still here.. Not only the big wages but pique is clearly cockblocking the other young CBs who displayed potential. So much for mister "I'll be first to go". Only veteran I don't mind staying is Alba because he is not bad + we don't have any other choice there.

vuji_31

It pains me how pique and buskets are still here.. Not only the big wages but pique is clearly cockblocking the other young CBs who displayed potential. So much for mister "I'll be first to go". Only veteran I don't mind staying is Alba because he is not bad + we don't have any other choice there.

Pique is on small wages.

I am more worried about Busi...I think he would be starter against any midfielder in history as it seems by his starting for Spain and Barca for 13 years straight. Not saying he is best but people in club fap on him so hard that is sick.

ajnotkeith

Those of us who watch the prem have said over and over again he is nowhere near starting quality, perhaps a spot starter for games against deep blocks where a passing CB can be useful but when there has been pressure on him he has looked bad.

clemente

What kind of a pussy do you have to be to turn your back on the ball, what the fuck are you scared of, this is our defenders lmao, Roberto does this all the time but now our CB will do it too looks like

ajnotkeith

Pep absolutely loved him on a personal level and still couldn't bring himself to give him more than a half of football every month. Maybe there's a reason for it?

Home of Barca Fans