EL Round 16: Galatasaray - Barcelona 1-2 agg.

ajnotkeith

People are writing that because they're 12th in their league we shouldn't take it seriously and we'll crush them easily. However, it also has an opposite effect.

Europa is all they have to achieve something this season and make their fans happy. And they managed to get this far. Complacency is how 6-1 Bodo Roma happened this season.

We were lucky to get off with 0-0, tbh.

We were even more terrible than I thought but they had no quality otherwise we could have lost by 2 or 3 goals. Fortunately we take it back 0-0.

Now Xavi has the chance to remove the complacency after the little shock we got today and he will hopefully play a strong XI next time.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Reality check. We need halaand. For world class standards.. Dembele and depay and the likes are straight bums

These are exactly the kind of games that show that letting Dembele go, not opting to buy Adama, and selling Depay this summer while we can still get some money for him, are the right moves, no matter how many fluke good games they have. Need not just Haaland, but a new starting RW too, pronto. Raphinha/Antony. If Leeds go down, getting the first is a no brainer, otherwise I'd go for Antony, who will probably be cheaper, and he's 3 years younger.

Ferran and Fati for LW are fine, and Auba as the Haaland back up is perfect too. So technically we need even two new RW, if both Adama and Dembele leave. But I guess that's why we'll buy Adama, to be that RW back up. But that's exactly what he needs to be, nothing more. No good as the starter, can only influence games in limited time, just like Dembele. I've always said, put Dembele and Adama's abilities together, and you might have one decent player. But honestly I'd rather see us let them both go and just give that RW backup spot to either Collado or even Trincao, who will also be coming back for sure.

Barcilliant

Precisely. They got this far and they also have the added caveat of having nothing to lose and nothing else to think about. Europa is their only chance to do something this season.

We now gave them more confidence so they will come to the Nou Camp guns blazing and probably pressing high. If we play a strong XI and focus we win, its good we got a warning today without going down in the tie.

We played at Camp Nou.

Horatio

You're welcome
Oh my god.

That's TEN times worse.

Second leg is 3 days before Clasico so if we play full strength and then have to travel back we probably need to do a rotation for Clasico as well...

This is really bad.

Let me provide a bit of comfort by telling you how Galatasaray has Europe's most fanatic supporters.

Oh wait...

Masetro10

Player performance

Ferran just utterly bad. Not a #9. Disappointing

Adama ok he dribbles so well but has no GPS on his crossing or God forbid his shooting today. Very predictable. Never loses the ball cheaply.

Depay probably the best forward today. I think he should start until anyone does better.

Dembele the opposite of Adama. Always loses the ball cheaply and still does nothing. If he leaves no big deal in my opinion.

Nico just starting to think he is young Sergi Roberto where he plays because La Masia. But doesn't really standout. Could improve but today was not really doing anything.

FDJ was exposed 2 times in the first half that could have cost us a goal especially in that mazy run. Not useful in DM. 2nd half had a good shot but otherwise was just average game.

Pedri passed a lot but nothing crazy happened.

Dest and Alba basically are wingers but nothing much happened good or bad. Dest had a turnover that almost cost Barca a goal but it wasn't all his fault.

Defense was pretty much untested most the game.

Ter Stegen basically untested.
Auba almost scored a bicycle and otherwise did nothing.

Bad game but not that bad. In the end rotation is needed to stay fresh and just like Napoli, Barca should be fine 2nd leg full strength.

Auba has to start at 9, Depay at LW and at this point maybe try Torres at his natural spot on RW or keep trotting Traore out there. Otherwise the rest of the team picks itself and all that matters is dealing either RM coming up. That is the true test

gregorrin10

Auba has to start at 9, Depay at LW and at this point maybe try Torres at his natural spot on RW or keep trotting Traore out there. Otherwise the rest of the team picks itself and all that matters is dealing either RM coming up. That is the true test

I mean I don't feel that RW is Ferran's natural spot at all, just like #9 isn't obviously. LW is the only one left then, since we like to play with inverted wingers. Adama is a special case, since he's got the dribbling and crossing, but no shooting ability, so he a natural winger, not an inverted one, so he's the opposite and RW is right for him.

Home of Barca Fans