Doria

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bielsa is gone this summer, especially now that Marsielle has drifted from the top of the league. Doria will be back, and should Marsielle find a competent replacement I suspect they'll have impressive showings in European competitions next season.

Sooner or later they will most likely be raided by the English, Spanish and German elite clubs, I guess.

Darko

-He says he has Bielsa mistreating the staff but its better not to talk about it
-Says he wrongly corrected him during training multiple times
-Bielsa told him to come an hour early to watch practice tape and tried to correct him on a mistake. Doria told him he was the one that was wrong and he didn't make the supposed mistake.

Yeah, I'm sure the 59 year old revolutionary coach is wrong and the 20 year old Brazilian is right...players these days, a bunch of prima donnas.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, I'm sure the 59 year old revolutionary coach is wrong and the 20 year old Brazilian is right...players these days, a bunch of prima donnas.

The 59 year old revolutionary coach who btw has been kicked out of several club because of his maniac nature, has benched the 20 year old Brazilian, actually not even benched, but completely ignored him because the 20 year old was bought by the Marseille board without his approval, which the revoltionary coach actually admitted when he went retard in a press conference early in the season.

Such treatement is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic, but then again he's not known as El Loco for no reason.

DonAK

If I was Doria and recieved such treatment from Bielsa then I would have told him to suck it and stopped coming at trainings and demanded to be sold or loaned immediately.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
If I was Doria and recieved such treatment from Bielsa then I would have told him to suck it and stopped coming at trainings and demanded to be sold or loaned immediately.

I wouldn't.

If he just puts up with it and works hard and with professionalism it would do a lot of good for his image. If he just said "you know what, stuff it" and didn't turn up for training that gives a bad impression to any would be buyers.

DonAK

I wouldn't.

If he just puts up with it and works hard and with professionalism it would do a lot of good for his image. If he just said "you know what, stuff it" and didn't turn up for training that gives a bad impression to any would be buyers.

If you get treated like shit for so long and do that then I think potential buyers should understand that. Everyone knows how Bielsa is anyway.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
If you get treated like shit for so long and do that then I think potential buyers should understand that. Everyone knows how Bielsa is anyway.

Yeah I know what you're saying and he shouldn't have to put up with it but I just think it gives off a better impression than just giving up. Might just be my 'never give up' outlook on life though :D

khaled_a_d

I want to agree with you ,but as DonAK said it is a special situation here
Doria was mistreated ,that can happen but the reason had nothing to do with him
Bielsa decided that destroying a 19 years player career to make a statement to the board .I mean that was low even for Bielsa standard

DonAK

Yeah I know what you're saying and he shouldn't have to put up with it but I just think it gives off a better impression than just giving up. Might just be my 'never give up' outlook on life though :D

I look at life in the same way. It just pisses me off to see a talented young player's career being destroyed over some issue with the board. Doria's first season in Europe and being treated like shit just because Bielsa didn't give his approval to the transfer. I'm not saying Doria is a world beater and should start or anything, but atleast give the guy a chance.

Guess I'm going overboard.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

And Bielsa is a petty old man. He's mad at his superiors (the board) so he takes it out on Doria. Shows poor leadership qualities and lack of character.

Jair Ventura

Sooner or later they will most likely be raided by the English, Spanish and German elite clubs, I guess.

Likely, but perhaps things are changing? Qatar/BeinSports commitment to French football seems to be stabilizing the league somewhat. Competition is thriving, clubs are looking to build/expand stadiums in an effort to hold onto their young players(Lacazette), etc. Baby steps of course, but Ligue 1 is a competent investor or two away from becoming very strong. PSG, Lyon, Marseille, Monaco, and St. Etienne are all on the upswing and it's made for an exciting season of quality football in France.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was impressive for most of the match which is saying a lot as Barca had a great game.
4 times he practically presented a goal.

Home of Barca Fans