Didier Drogba

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Drogba could do a job but i believe in Villa,he will reduce the dependency on Messi,the season we got Villa all believed in him and now why dont you show the same belief that he can still be that player who can make a difference between being top or second.

CougaR10

Drogba is better considering the price.

Its not like we dont have money... goal scoring have been poor this season..
something should be done drastically...

I'm not thoroughly convinced that Adrian will be efective compared to the likes of RVP and Llorente..
but why not..

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Drogba is better considering the price.

Adrian will only be more expensive after next year. I knew this dude was a beast on Deportivo and on the u21 Spain team that won the u21 Euros last summer. It's time for him to come to Barca, especially if we can get a discount w/ buying back Botia and then selling him to Atletico.

abual3bed1

You have to take into account that WE DIDN'T LOST the league because we lost El Clasico..we lost the league in games like the one against Sevilla where no one could finish the chances we had. If you don't think that the fact that our 2nd and 3rd goalscorers are midfielders is a problem and that Drogba won't fix our dependency of Messi, then I don't have anything else to say.

True, games against the likes of Sevilla - Osasuna - Socieda where we lost the league. having Drogba in this team (and some twitter accounts say even Milito could join Barca if Drogba doesn't come) will be crucial to have a powerful man on the bench, just like the time we had King Henrick in the team. how many times did he change the game in our favor wether as a starter or as a sub, specially in his 2nd season (well he spent most of the 1st on the sideline). he was great and that what Tito might want in Drogba or Milito. Villa next season will be back to his natural place as a starter. but Drogba can both start at CF (like Alexis did in Getafe's match at CN this season) games where you can take some pressure off Messi's shoulders (scoring wise). if we get Drogba, Villa and Pedro at their best, while Alexis and Cuenca continue to perform well, we will have the best attacking line.

Maria

Drogba could do a job but i believe in Villa,he will reduce the dependency on Messi,the season we got Villa all believed in him and now why dont you show the same belief that he can still be that player who can make a difference between being top or second.

The difference between first and second were 45 goals(Villa&Pedro). While I believe that Villa still can't be helpful(although we don't know how he will return from his injury), after a year and a half my faith in Pedro is lost.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Adrian will only be more expensive after next year. I knew this dude was a beast on Deportivo and on the u21 Spain team that won the u21 Euros last summer. It's time for him to come to Barca, especially if we can get a discount w/ buying back Botia and then selling him to Atletico.
He has looked good but don't think we need to spend 15m when Villa is back and when strengthening the defense is priority.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
That's a bit of a contradiction..and we didn't toyed with RM since the manita(unless you count the games in which Mou was a coward and decided to park the bus). Since then Xavi's problems with the knees got worse and in the last 6 El Clasico he wasn't able to take control of the midfield like he used to, allowing Ozil to actually make a difference. Not to mention that Higuain recovered from his surgery, Benzema became one of the top 10 players in the world and Ramos a world-class CB. We lost Abidal, Puyol had a 2nd surgery and Pique is in his waka-waka world.

If we're not smart this year(and this means buying players who can actually make a difference in a game against RM or a CL SF, not Drogba, Botia or Jordi Alba) RM will enter in a winning cycle(like we did in 2008) and it will be a lot harder to reach the top again. Laporta and Pep knew what heads to cut and brought 2 players(Pique and Alves) who were decisive in the 2008/2009 league and CL..Rosell only showed until now that he knew how to delegate and how to atack Laporta. This is truly the first year where we can say that the succes or failure will be entirely his.

David Villa wasn't there to terrorize Sergio Ramos, the only way I have ever seen somebody terrorize Ramos.

Let's be honest, Villa shined in every big Barcelona match last season. He was irreplaceable, Tello tried his best Villa impression and let Arbeloa make him his bitch.

Real Madrid really had no big injuries this season and Barcelona wasn't exactly deep in terms of depth.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
The difference between first and second were 45 goals(Villa&Pedro). While I believe that Villa still can't be helpful(although we don't know how he will return from his injury), after a year and a half my faith in Pedro is lost.
Same hear but the last few games there were signs of his willingness and enthusiasm to be his former self,the lad is class whatever he has been in the last year and i am sure if given some time he will return to his best.

Maria

David Villa wasn't there to terrorize Sergio Ramos, the only way I have ever seen somebody terrorize Ramos.

Let's be honest, Villa shined in every big Barcelona match last season. He was irreplaceable, Tello tried his best Villa impression and let Arbeloa make him his bitch.

That's not really true, but atleast he would have been more respected than Tello and would have created a little more space for Leo.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
He has looked good but don't think we need to spend 15m when Villa is back and when strengthening the defense is priority.

I'm assuming they'll raise some more funds by unloading some players? Keita, Afellay, and Tello (I would loan him)...

Thiago Silva as our new CB
Alba as our new LB (I like the way he plays Real Madrid, he disrespects that team and I love it)
Adrian as one of our new forwards

I would actually prefer Alvaro Pereira over Alba but Alba is easily 12-15 million cheaper and I like the way he took it to the Merengues both times they played this year.

Last edited:

psychotsek

You have to take into account that WE DIDN'T LOST the league because we lost El Clasico..we lost the league in games like the one against Sevilla where no one could finish the chances we had. If you don't think that the fact that our 2nd and 3rd goalscorers are midfielders is a problem and that Drogba won't fix our dependency of Messi, then I don't have anything else to say.

Drogba could do a good job provided he doesn't win the CL this year but can't really see him joining us.I wouldn't like him enforcing RM for that matter..
The only way to fix team's dependency of Messi is our forwards to start scoring and to change the way we play meaning that not every ball has to go through Messi.
Also we better start succeeding at counter attacks than waiting the opposition to organise their defence and then attacking a parked bus.We did that in excess this year mainly cause none except Messi took their opponents one on one.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Drogba could do a good job provided he doesn't win the CL this year but can't really see him joining us.I wouldn't like him enforcing RM for that matter..
The only way to fix team's dependency of Messi is our forwards to start scoring and to change the way we play meaning that not every ball has to go through Messi.
Also we better start succeeding at counter attacks than waiting the opposition to organise their defence and then attacking a parked bus.We did that in excess this year mainly cause none except Messi took their opponents one on one.
How do we counter attack when teams don't attacks us.

Maria

Maybe I didn't expressed myself really well, but that's exactly the same thing that I said on the other page:

He dived so badly in CL this season because he wanted the CL more than anything and he knew it was his last chance(just like Henry did in 2009)..if Chelsea beats Bayern, Drogba will only play for money from now on(just like Raul, Henry, Eto'o etc.).

And I wouldn't care if he goes to RM..their atack is scary enough as it is.

Home of Barca Fans