Denis Suarez

RIZALDINHO

Lucho was such a terrible manager that everyone's poor play gets blamed on him, lol.

Iniesta isn't getting old, Lucho just sucks.
Gomes isn't bad, it's all on Lucho.
Neymar isn't underperforming, Lucho just has poor tactics.
Denis could be great, but Lucho ruined his chance.
Paco would be a great striker if he had a better manager.
Rakitic is actually a great player, he's just ruined by Lucho.
At one point the excuse of the week given for Arda was something to do with Lucho as well.

While I'm sure Lucho has a part to play somewhere, at a certain point you have to recognize that some players just aren't quality enough for Barca, and many of them are players Lucho himself insisted we buy.

is both Lucho and the players fault that barca had a terrible season. more Lucho fault because of terrible signings he made last summer. not signing a right back to replace alves who left us for juve and rubbish tactics, team selection he made against juventus, deportivo, malaga, against other teams where we lost to when we should have won that cost us la liga and champions league titles.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Nice skill set! I can't believe I missed most of those little things he did last season. You can clearly see he has very good talent and potential.

A random good action here and there (and some nice TECHNICAL skills) means absolutely nothing without 100s of other areas needed for a top footballer.

Here is another guy who from time to time offers amazing actions and who is usually awesome on Youtube compilations.
In reality, he struggles in almost every club (he didn't make it at Sporting, Hsv and Las Palmas in the last 2 years and is again looking for a new club):

Someone will say: Denis was good in Villareal. I know, the point stands that he was in 10% of matches or actions he played. In other 90% of actions and matches, he was an absolute ghost and a non factor on a field.

JamDav1982

Denis played well at Villareal in a different position. He played well in B team mainly in a different position.

Lucho played him in at CM for most part in a system where the CMs were given very little freedom and acted as cover for front three in particular areas of the pitch.

I would give him another chance as a back up wide player and other players should be sold before him.

Halilovoc is irrelevant. He failed to really nail down a place at any club while Denis was one of Villareals best players.

BBZ8800

Denis played well at Villareal in a different position. He played well in B team mainly in a different position.

Lucho played him in at CM for most part in a system where the CMs were given very little freedom and acted as cover for front three in particular areas of the pitch.

I would give him another chance as a back up wide player and other players should be sold before him.

Halilovoc is irrelevant. He failed to really nail down a place at any club while Denis was one of Villareals best players.

Good luck with that.
He was played out of position, but still he was a total ghost in majority of matches, whatever he tried to do (attack, defense, build up).

Gomes played as a Cdm, Cm and even as a winger in some matches in the last few matches.
And he was always "a good, old, lost Andre Gomes" wherever he played.

Denis will really need a lot of magic to go from currently a weakest player on Barca's rooster (he won infront of Gomes, Arda, Digne, Paco in my eyes) into a useful winger who could actually play and contribute sometimes.

Home of Barca Fans