Defender for next season?

oz187

Do you guys think Montoya could play come minutes at CB? He seemed to be able to put some really strong challenges in last season.

PacoBJuarez

If we sign a big name CB he will be the 3rd choice over Masch ,Masch is too short specially with Alves&Alba height
With Kieta leaving and reports says that our top priority is still CB ,I think that Masch will be option 2 in DM and 4th in CB
but to think we are ready to enter the season with just 4 players for 3 positions(2CB and DM) ? no way

Did you watch Masch play CB last season? He was the best CB and it wasn't even close. Do you need to couple him with a taller CB? Yes: Pique. Busquets helps with height as well. You can't just completely disregard Masch because of his height. That would be a ridiculous mistake.

SeloBarca

Hmm lets see..

Kompany
Chiellini
Hummels
Koscielny
Subotić
Vertonghen
Sakho

Guess i wouldnt mind any of them

How has Phil Jones season been?

Boris

Kompany- Captain with no reason to leave now, MC's time is now
Chiellini- same as Komp
Hummels- renewed his contract with BvB
Koscielny- ??? dont know his status
Subotić- ??? dont know his status
Vertonghen- Signed for Tottham
Sakho- dont see a reason why would he go, PSG will be very strong

I'd like Kompany, Hummels or Sakho, but its 99% impossible now. :shakeshead: we'll see

Meitux

Kompany- Captain with no reason to leave now, MC's time is now
Chiellini- same as Komp
Hummels- renewed his contract with BvB
Koscielny- ??? dont know his status
Subotić- ??? dont know his status
Vertonghen- Signed for Tottham
Sakho- dont see a reason why would he go, PSG will be very strong

I'd like Kompany, Hummels or Sakho, but its 99% impossible now. :shakeshead: we'll see
i thought sakho was going to leave if they signed another cb

AvocadoCake

Hmm lets see..

Kompany
Chiellini
Hummels
Koscielny
Subotić
Vertonghen
Sakho

Guess i wouldnt mind any of them

How has Phil Jones season been?

Kompany -rejected us
Chillini - could be good, got some pace too.
Hummels - new contract
Koscie - won't be too hard to get, definitely easier than Vermaelen but he had a good Euro
Subo - Felipe Sentana's contract was extended and so was hummels', he'd be available for the right price
Jan - too late
sakho - no idea

Phil - NO.

SPINhead

If we sign a big name CB he will be the 3rd choice over Masch ,Masch is too short specially with Alves&Alba height
With Kieta leaving and reports says that our top priority is still CB ,I think that Masch will be option 2 in DM and 4th in CB
but to think we are ready to enter the season with just 4 players for 3 positions(2CB and DM) ? no way

We have Puyol, Piqué, Fontas, Bartra, Muniesa, Mascherano, Dos Santos and Busquets for 2 CB and DM. We have enough players. The question is if the players on the bench are good enough.

SeloBarca

Subotić has a style more similiar to Puyol, reads the game, but thats looking at youtube videos and they always shows the best. How is he in Bundesliga? dont follow that league myself.
Koscielny is quick, but he seems to bullrush a bit to much, which Spanish players can exploit.

BD really have a good CB pair in Hummels and Subotić, wouldnt mind that myself :)

Last edited:

dalunk

Subotic is the defensive compliment to Hummels. He is also strong in the air, a real corner threat. However I'm unsure if he plays so well because of Hummels, havn't seen him play for Serbia.

khaled_a_d

Did you watch Masch play CB last season? He was the best CB and it wasn't even close. Do you need to couple him with a taller CB? Yes: Pique. Busquets helps with height as well. You can't just completely disregard Masch because of his height. That would be a ridiculous mistake.
I am not disregarding Masch ,I am saying he will be moved to his natural position,Masch is a quality CB but he isn't better CB than health Puyol or a good form Pique btw
All what I am saying ,3 positions need at least 5 players ,we just have 4 ,and getting a CB is way more important than DM

P

PhilS

We have Puyol, Piqué, Fontas, Bartra, Muniesa, Mascherano, Dos Santos and Busquets for 2 CB and DM. We have enough players. The question is if the players on the bench are good enough.

Maybe the number now on the roster is enough, but not the mix, more experience is required. Muniesa seems to be on his way to Ajax. I don't think the team will begin the regular season with both Fontas and Barta still here, I think they will be competing for one position this pre-season. I see four trusted players for three positions, and one of them is pretty old. This is clearly not enough depth for two games most weeks for the long season, at least one high-level reinforcement will be bought before the end of the transfer window.

F

Flavia

We lost abidal, and fontas or bartra are not exactly reliable yet. Imagine if we lose puyol and masch or pique for a decisive match. Pique - bartra or masch - bartra is not a good pair of cbs. We do need a reinforcement there.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Javi Martinez would be the logically choice because he can play two roles. However, there's no way we can cough up that much money for him.

A shame that some of the big transfers in the past have come back to haunt us.

Chygrinsky and Ibra
80EXj.gif

Close to 100 million on those two? Probably more including their wages.

Home of Barca Fans