David de Gea

Morten

Does it bother you that Zidane tries to blame Matterazi for the head butt and has never apologized to him?

Suarez did apologize to Chiellini.

Does it bother you that Ronaldo swings punches at a player.... doesnt apologize but blames the ref as being a cheat?

I heard Zidane and Matterazi squared up a few years back, no?
Sure, it was petty to carry the grudge for such a long time.
Yeah, it bothers me that Ronaldo sometimes cant keep his temper when things are not going his way, its stupid behaviour.

JamDav1982

I heard Zidane and Matterazi squared up a few years back, no?
Sure, it was petty to carry the grudge for such a long time.
Yeah, it bothers me that Ronaldo sometimes cant keep his temper when things are not going his way, its stupid behaviour.

Zidane has never apologized to Materazzi and said he never will. He tried to justify it as insults from Materazzi much more than Suarez did about Chiellini.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think its quite petty to say that, and it absolutely lessen his apology imo.

It's not petty. Both the one doing the provocation as well as the one doing the reacting share involvement in the outcome of a confrontation. It doesn't mean the share is equal, because it is dependent on the magnitude of each, but they are both parts of the outcome.

Suarez apologized for his part and felt contrite, that he pointed out he was reacting to a provocation doesn't lessen or demerit his apology.

Morten

It's not petty. Both the one doing the provocation as well as the one doing the reacting share involvement in the outcome of a confrontation. It doesn't mean the share is equal, because it is dependent on the magnitude of each, but they are both parts of the outcome.

Suarez apologized for his part and felt contrite, that he pointed out he was reacting to a provocation doesn't lessen or demerit his apology.

Suarez is used to doing plenty of provocation towards defenders himself, so he got to expect that the defenders do the same. If he was an angel on the pitch, which he is not, regardless of biting, he might have the right to feel unrightly threated. But this is football, provocations and trying to get the better of your opponent happens everyday on the pitch, its nothing worth mentioning.

JamDav1982

Suarez is used to doing plenty of provocation towards defenders himself, so he got to expect that the defenders do the same. If he was an angel on the pitch, which he is not, regardless of biting, he might have the right to feel unrightly threated. But this is football, provocations and trying to get the better of your opponent happens everyday on the pitch, its nothing worth mentioning.

Well apply that to all the players that mention provocation.

As I said Suarez has accepted he was wrong and went over the top. He is not trying to excuse it just pointing out what brought him to that point.

Zidane on the other hand said he would 'rather die than apologize to Materrzi'. Still saying that years after the incident and feels the action was justified and doesnt regret it.

Morten

Well apply that to all the players that mention provocation.

As I said Suarez has accepted he was wrong and went over the top. He is not trying to excuse it just pointing out what brought him to that point.

Zidane on the other hand said he would 'rather die than apologize to Materrzi'. Still saying that years after the incident and feels the action was justified and doesnt regret it.

I felt that it was an attempt to shift some of the blame, to quote Suarez ; "Some of the blame in the past was mine, some of it must go to the defenders who provoked me". If this is really what he said i stand by my opinion.
But i think this is enough, you have your opinion and i have mine.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Every single football player provokes and retaliates at some point in their career. It's only a natural part of being human.

No one here has claimed Suarez is an angel on the field, nor have we justified or excuse what he did.

JamDav1982

I felt that it was an attempt to shift some of the blame, to quote Suarez ; "Some of the blame in the past was mine, some of it must go to the defenders who provoked me". If this is really what he said i stand by my opinion.
But i think this is enough, you have your opinion and i have mine.

Yet he apologized to the players he bit, said he was out of order and regretted it.

Zidane didnt apologize, said Materrazzi deserved it and didnt regret it.

Which one is worse?

as he should :lol:
This was a WC final, Zidane's last professional game, the only apology needed was that of Zidane to french supporters. I've zero problem with anyone head butting talentless douchebags who tell you to go screw your sister. Italy won the world cup in a shameful manner because of this, and Materazzi always intended to get Zidane red-carded.

JamDav1982

as he should :lol:
This was a WC final, Zidane's last professional game, the only apology needed was that of Zidane to french supporters. I've zero problem with anyone head butting talentless douchebags who tell you to go screw your sister. Italy won the world cup in a shameful manner because of this, and Materazzi always intended to get Zidane red-carded.

So you accept provocation as an excuse thats fine. Morten doesnt.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Said douchebag said that HE would rather screw Zidane's sister than get Zidane's shirt after the match, I thought?

So you accept provocation as an excuse thats fine. Morten doesnt.

Yes of course provocation is an excuse, what world would we live in if we didn't differentiate between gratuitous violence and payback.

I also don't have a major problem with suarez biting, but he sure can't do it again without getting royally screwed, and us with him.

Said douchebag said that HE would rather screw Zidane's sister than get Zidane's shirt after the match, I thought?

I don't know the specifics but don't see any difference really

JamDav1982

Yes of course provocation is an excuse, what world would we live in if we didn't differentiate between gratuitous violence and payback.

I also don't have a major problem with suarez biting, but he sure can't do it again without getting royally screwed, and us with him.

Exactly.

I couldnt care less that Zidane never apologized or used provocation to justify his actions but when people try to use one rule for a player they dont like it becomes ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans