Darwin Núñez

Iniesta Ultra

I'll be honest I havent seen much of Benfica outside of the CL, but I've been impressed with him. He appears to have solid link up play and is quick for a 6'2" player. He has a quick evasive touch as well, in which he creates a little space for himself out of nothing. Prime Eto and Suarez were similar in that fashion.

He also appears strong in the air, which is always a plus for a taller player. An interesting option for sure. I like how he is also very comfortable on the wing and can dribble players. It's tough, because it sounds good on paper, but would I rather prefer a less versatile player like Auba but who is a clinical, decisive finisher?

Auba's more versatile/skilled in the space he plays in and think he could be involved more in build-up a la Benz if Xavi allowed it.

Joan

We could get him for the price of bonuses Haaland asks for. Damn, what a wild market.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benfica want 70m for him according to The Athletic and want to close a deal for him before the summer.

Joan

Benfica want 70m for him according to The Athletic and want to close a deal for him before the summer.

Could be 50, 55 with Trincao going the other way plus a way to inflate the profit in the book. Arthur Pjanic kind of a deal. Doesn’t sound bad.

DonAK

MD says he is probably Atletico-bound. Do they have the money though?

He's not Atletico-bound, but they, PSG and Man Utd are reportedly the teams that are the most interested in him at the moment. I think they're assuming he'll prioritize a Spanish team which historically isn't wrong tbh.

Co0ter

? Very good aerially
? Impressive finishing ability
? Clever movement and positioning
? Has the ability to pin opposition defenders
? Effective when attacking balls played across goal With 31 goals in 36 games this season, here's why Darwin N??ez is so sought-after.

https://twitter.com/CoachesVoice/status/1513881860270612492

Analysis of him: https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/darwin-nunez-benfica-scout-report/

He is also a great dribbler for a 6'2" player. He wouldnt be lost if he found himself out wide after a run etc

DonAK

He is also a great dribbler for a 6'2" player. He wouldnt be lost if he found himself out wide after a run etc

Indeed. Has played a bit of LW too.

I'm not saying we should sign him, but I hope they are seriously looking at him as an option for this summer.

Home of Barca Fans