Darwin Núñez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Purely skill-wise he has WC potential, but he's far away from it obviously. Although who knows with better service, a great support staff. He can definitely become a World Class striker if he puts it all together consistently. Rate him much, much higher than the likes of Isak.

Quick, physical enough to hold up the ball, versatile enough to go on the flanks if he has to, is willing to drop down to receive the ball and this season started adding goals. With that Uruguayan mentality you know he'll work his ass off for the team he signs for too. Technically he's quite decent. Nothing extraordinary but good enough.

Very interesting player. Looking forward to the return leg vs. Liverpool. Hopefully Benfica manage to hold the ball with more composure and create more chances.

Devils

I suppose if we can't get Haaland, Darwin might be the natural selection for FC Barcelona.

Andresito

Staff member
Benfica paid 25m for him, a pretty high fee considering he was bought from Almeria in Liga 2. Almeria also get 20% of the profit Benfica make.

Benfica are usually good at getting a high fee for their players. Can't see him going for less than 60m after the season he's had.

Not a guarantee though. His numbers are very similar to Jackson Martinez' before he signed for Atletico.

Jackson
32g 7a in 42 games

Darwin
31g 3a in 36 games

Porque

Benfica paid 25m for him, a pretty high fee considering he was bought from Almeria in Liga 2. Almeria also get 20% of the profit Benfica make.

Benfica are usually good at getting a high fee for their players. Can't see him going for less than 60m after the season he's had.

Not a guarantee though. His numbers are very similar to Jackson Martinez' before he signed for Atletico.

Jackson
32g 7a in 42 games

Darwin
31g 3a in 36 games

Good point. Few would expect Martinez to flop hard in those years. Though he never really looked as good as Falcao in Portugal. I recall sitting in a McDonalds (yeah they showed lived football for some reason) on an island in Asia at stupid oclock watching Porto-Sporting when Martinez scored this goal. How time flies.

khaled_a_d

Jackson
32g 7a in 42 games

Darwin
31g 3a in 36 games

tbf Jackson was 28 in his last year in Portugal, Darwin is fairly young in comparison

JamDav1982

Nothing is a guarantee on any other options. Always an element of risk when signing a player.

Doesnt really make Nunez different from any other no.9 option.

Co0ter

I'll be honest I havent seen much of Benfica outside of the CL, but I've been impressed with him. He appears to have solid link up play and is quick for a 6'2" player. He has a quick evasive touch as well, in which he creates a little space for himself out of nothing. Prime Eto and Suarez were similar in that fashion.

He also appears strong in the air, which is always a plus for a taller player. An interesting option for sure. I like how he is also very comfortable on the wing and can dribble players. It's tough, because it sounds good on paper, but would I rather prefer a less versatile player like Auba but who is a clinical, decisive finisher?

Windhook

I also don't follow Portuguese football much, although it's covered here on TV, but watching CL games, Darwin is having the season of his life. 30+ goals in all competitions, including 5 in Champions League as Benfica reached the 1/4 finals.

His physique and style of play reminds me of Ibra and Cavani. I'm pretty sure Barca will be interested in signing him this summer after Haaland's mega demands and Mbappe's PSG/Real preferences. After all I believe Darwin could adapt faster to Barca, having already played in Spain and of course the Spanish language.

Now on the bad side - Darwin seems to have problem with the knee injury.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Jackson
32g 7a in 42 games

Darwin
31g 3a in 36 games

That's the thing with Liga NOS players. Quite a few seem to have great stats there which is why scouting becomes to important.

You could get a Falcao or a Jackson Martinez.

To me Darwin simply looks the part, very complete. While Jackson Martinez always looked more like a poacher.

Home of Barca Fans