Daniel Alves

Kohe321

Apart from the crosses he was OK. But he had one terrible defensive slip at a corner where he let a ball go past him and straight to a Villareal player behind him that he didn't see.

Tomchin

About those crosses, I wonder how many of those Suarez will be able to convert. You sometimes see Suarez score some great goals with his head, but as far as I know heading isn't his strongest point, right?

Tomchin

Lol, now they also start to ask about his crosses in interviews:

Alves: "Better crosses this year? Always try to improve. Cross only makes sense if there are players in area and this season there are more"

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Alves: "Better crosses this year? Always try to improve. Cross only makes sense if there are players in area and this season there are more"

lel

He did well in the first half with the linkup, but the 2nd half brought way too many crosses without intent. His constant presence was key for wearing Villarreal down but he was very inefficient.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He had a good game no one is denying that , but those useless crosses are both annoying and frustrating. What is he seeing in the box that we aren't seeing ?

BerkeleyBernie

Apart from the crosses he was OK. But he had one terrible defensive slip at a corner where he let a ball go past him and straight to a Villareal player behind him that he didn't see.

Yup, that was terrible ball watching, didn't even attempt to go for the ball, left the player completely unmarked, could easily have been tapped in. Probably the worst mistake by any Barça player in the game.

Tomchin

asi-quedo-gluteo-dani-alves-1409508611769.jpg

dakt

Did Lucho order for his crosses or are they just his style because they are boring and frustrating as f...
I like seeing him close to Messi. Together they always pull something out.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was alright, didn't have any glaring mistakes and was willing to work hard...

But, are people still going to blame Tata for the useless crossing?

sumo

Did Lucho order for his crosses or are they just his style because they are boring and frustrating as f...
I like seeing him close to Messi. Together they always pull something out.

Given their regularity, I'd assume they were called for by the coach. But, I don't understand it at all... Barca seemed to constantly be playing down the right hand side, and yet the few times when they attacked down the left, with Alba, they created far more chances. Alba always looks dangerous on attack. I would rather see Bartra take the place of Alves, as a back three, like what Barca used to play with Abidal.

Alves' crosses were actually very good, if there was a Rooney, van Persie, or Lewandowski getting on the end of them...

Zangash

Banned
I can't believe the crossing is ordered by the coach. It's been happening under too many managers now. He had a decent game but every time he gets the ball on the right flank I tense up in anticipation of the cross coming in and it kills me that I'm right every single time. His crossing is honestly the primary reason I'd rather see Montoya play. He's far less prone to crossing but is much more defensively aware.

anguy

Given their regularity, I'd assume they were called for by the coach. But, I don't understand it at all... Barca seemed to constantly be playing down the right hand side, and yet the few times when they attacked down the left, with Alba, they created far more chances.

Barca played through the right because Vilareal covered left side much more tightly. They left Alves often uncovered so it's not surprising midfielders were feeding balls to the right.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He is starting to cross when he sees that nothing else works, it was 0-0 and no Iniesta, so things didn't work out in the middle, but despite those crosses it was actually him and Messi who created a real danger at the end of the match.

Home of Barca Fans