Croatia

Windhook

Yes.. For a 4 million nation like Croatia, 3rd place at World Cup is a huge result.. They were 3rd in 98, then 2nd in 2018 and now 3rd again in 2022.. They are above everybody from ex Yugoslavia when it comes to football both on club level and national team.. Dinamo Zagreb is a regular in european competitions.. Not to mention Dinamo produces superstars like Modrić and big talents like Gvardiol.. Croatia really is football powerhouse considiring everything..

Croatia are amazing in football development. I'm respectfully jelous of this.

It seems it takes 3-4 world class talents for the Balkan nations to make wonders on such tournaments. Modric, Brozovic and Perisic are world class players.

Bulgaria had Stoichkov, Balakov, Kostadinov, Letchkov and Trifon Ivanov to make it. The rest of the Bulgaria NT squad were mediocre in stature players, but having those leaders on the team did amazing job. Nowadays our best player is Ilia Gruev, who plays at Werder Bremen. What a downfall.:lol: Also few defenders in Serie A & B in Italy.

Romania had Hagi, Popescu and the player I mostly remember was Florin Raducioiu. Adrian Mutu was great talent, but his cocaine addiction killed his career.

Serbia are probably the most underperforiming of all. The talent pool is numberless and still they didn't achive anything remarkable since 1998.

I remember Zlatko Zahovic from Euro 2000, that team was quality.

Also Turkey in 2002 WC. That Galatasaray core had the mentality of winners.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
croatia 'golden generation' (really, just modric and perisic lol) >>>>>>> belgium's golden epic fail generation

soul24rage

If Spain wasn't there, I would be rooting for Croatia for the upcoming UEFA nations league.

Would like to see a player like Modric end his career with an international trophy.

BarcaOG

Banned
If Spain wasn't there, I would be rooting for Croatia for the upcoming UEFA nations league.

Would like to see a player like Modric end his career with an international trophy.

totally deserves it. has been superb the last 3-4 years despite being 33+

hes classy and not an arrogant asshole. its really hard to dislike modric

Windhook

It's hard to dislike Modric, he's very humble and comes from tough background, you know the war in Yugoslavia and shit. Like many other Croatians. It affects every kid's personality from early on.

Raketa10

Miroslav Ciro Blazevic (for Croatians known as coach of all coaches) died yesterday after long cancer battle. He was best known for winning bronze medal with Croatian NT in France 98. Rest in peace dear Ciro, you will be missed. :(

BBZ8800

The first Croatian NT coach, who led a team to quarters of Euro 1996 (lost 2:1 to winners Germany) and semifinals on a Wc 1998 (lost again to future winners France 2:1).
One of the best motivator-coaches. He was always creating some drama and gossip to fire up his players before key matches.

Croatia-Germany 3:0, quarterfinals WC 1998:

Bye, Ciro. Thanks for joy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. Hrvatski Bosanac. He was a pro skiier too and reinvented himself after finishing playing career as a mediocre player in Switzerland of all places.

He was ours but a man of the World. His people skills obviously translating to the pitch as his players loved him.

Farewell

Home of Barca Fans