Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Kerrybai

That's for sure. In Man Utd, he would have won more league titles and cups and would be the best player in the league. If he had stayed in Man Utd, he would be a lot closer to Messi as best in the world, these past 5 years, in the eyes of the people.

Also he could have surpassed George Best and become United's best player/biggest legend,in fact he could have become the best player to ever player in England. In spain he will always be second to Messi and at Madrid he will struggle to ever surpass Di Stefano.

For those saying Madrid play better without him is their really any truth to that? I find they play a lopsided formation to allow him to play as a 'lateral striker.' This opens them up defensively.

footyfan

Calma, calma
So far in all the matches they've played without him, they have been noticeably better and more varied in attack. But they were all matches against fodder teams.

B

BrianSwan

You guys really care that much about Ronaldo's goal scoring records compared to Messi? Get a grip

NotInHere

this comparison is still dragging on? Ronaldo must be great then if he's still compared to Messi, I mean we have fans all over the world that compare the two, looks to me that him and Messi are the only two that stand out, but why Ronaldo though? what about Iniesta? I'd take him any day of the week over someone whose a scoring machine, one of the greatest scorers to play Football, but really falls short in comparison to Iniesta/Messi talent level. You all remember the dribbling that Leo did against that Atletico player? and that pass he made even after that genius play? Ask Ronaldo to do that.... That's when you can tell apart from the one's who have god like talent to the ones who are great in a perspective field, and that play basically summed up Messi as a player. Iniesta has also a unique talent, he pauses time and does whatever pleases him.

I think people are too generous with Ronaldo when they compare him with Leo, the gap between the two is huge.

raskolnikov

The discussion is only relevant because of his goal statistics, as an overall footballer it was already decided in 2010 or 2011. But as long as you will have fanboys it will always be discussed.
Ronaldo should be gratefull, by always being compared to the goat people will actually end up believing he was a betetr player than Ronaldo, Dinho or Henry.

NotInHere

The discussion is only relevant because of his goal statistics, as an overall footballer it was already decided in 2010 or 2011. But as long as you will have fanboys it will always be discussed.
Ronaldo should be gratefull, by always being compared to the goat people will actually end up believing he was a betetr player than Ronaldo, Dinho or Henry.
I just don't understand how people try to make a case for Ronaldo, there's really no bias involved when one is figuring out whose the better Footballer, its just the truth.

We'll be called fanboys though.

Ghost

You guys really care that much about Ronaldo's goal scoring records compared to Messi?
Because...
Ronaldo is a goal scoring machine like Gerd Muller was.
...of statements like this.

Now he is deemed, scoring-wise as good as Messi if not better. When he was chasing shadows till last year. Leo was ahead in all departments. Now the diva's fanboys with thier goldfish memory can make a case for thier idol being better. And as you see, poor cules are almost convinced.

I blame Leo for giving them hope.

Last edited:

NotInHere

If I'm not mistaken, Leo is catching up to Ronaldo's scoring numbers now, and even after being out several months injured.... so Leo is not really slacking, he just hasn't found his absolute perfect form yet.

I just want to see defenders defend Ronaldo like they do with Messi:lol:

Home of Barca Fans