Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Djab

It didn't seem as a serious injury. Don't think he faked an injury though. He's too obsessed with individual records to let a chance of increasing them slip away that easily.

I think he doesn't want to play the next Liga game, so he can rest and play in a better physical condition in the second leg.

dakt

the record is not irrelevant. certainly not to ronaldo. its 'quantifiable' evidence.

So imagine scoring 20 goals in CL all from penalty....doesn't say much, doesn't it? But when you see player dribbling 3,4 opponents and scoring...now that's something. No mathematical model can express that.

Ghost

Absolutely nothing and no one but Leo is to blame for letting the diva catch him.

Ronaldo hasn't improved. His master regressed.

raskolnikov

Absolutely nothing and no one but Leo is to blame for letting the diva catch him.

Ronaldo hasn't improved. His master regressed.

Statpadding is easy when you face fodder in the ko stages a few years in a row. Could not care less about that cl record though, I just dont want them to win la decima, the worldwide overreacting would be so annoying.
Let him get 20 goals and Real go out vs Bayern next round, I would sign for it.

footyfan

Calma, calma
So imagine scoring 20 goals in CL all from penalty....doesn't say much, doesn't it? But when you see player dribbling 3,4 opponents and scoring...now that's something. No mathematical model can express that.

Ronaldo's 14 goals are of the same quality as Messi's 14 from 2011/12. And before you pull the BS about Messi scoring against better teams, 11 of Messi's 14 goals came against Viktoria Plzen, Bate Borisov and Bayer Leverkusen. The remaining 3 came against Milan, and all 3 were penalties.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Ronaldo's 14 goals are of the same quality as Messi's 14 from 2011/12. And before you pull the BS about Messi scoring against better teams, 11 of Messi's 14 goals came against Viktoria Plzen, Bate Borisov and Bayer Leverkusen. The remaining 3 came against Milan, and all 3 were penalties.

Nobody says your hero isnt doing an equally good job when it comes to scoring in the cl, just that it doesnt make him a better player nor does it matter to much if you dont win it imo.
I rather had Messi score 5 goals but score the Chelsea penalty than 14, thats the point.

Kerrybai

Nobody says your hero isnt doing an equally good job when it comes to scoring in the cl, just that it doesnt make him a better player nor does it matter to much if you dont win it imo.
I rather had Messi score 5 goals but score the Chelsea penalty than 14, thats the point.

Exactly. Messi's 14 goals were great but I bet he would trade them all just to convert that penalty. Mind you I still don't like seeing Ronaldo outscore Messi, 4 last year and 6 so far this year but I don't see how Ghost can blame Messi for that.

Messi missed group games this year due to injury and in the knockouts we drew City and now AM while Madrid got one awful German side and another injured German side. Credit where credit is due Ronaldo is doing great but I'm still awaiting a huge CL performance where he drags his team to a significant victory.

Dortmund last season he was quite poor, I think he missed 2-3 big chances. Benzema almost save them. Ronaldo did get the tap in away from home.

The season before he had 2 at home to Munich ( 1 penalty ) but ultimately faded before missing a penalty in the shoot-out.

And of course before that we beat them 2-0 in their own backyard before advancing to 3-1 to the final.

I do wonder if he would have won more silverware at United.

Alik

I do wonder if he would have won more silverware at United.

That's for sure. In Man Utd, he would have won more league titles and cups and would be the best player in the league. If he had stayed in Man Utd, he would be a lot closer to Messi as best in the world, these past 5 years, in the eyes of the people.

dostoevskij

Not in the squad for sociedad. Weird rotation, they Play him against rayo, but Rest him against their Most difficult Liga Game left???

Home of Barca Fans