Cr150

BarcaOG

Banned
Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history and it's not close (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid €31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A) & was supposed to push them over the line in UCL.

But Juve haven't got past Round of 16 in past two seasons.

bar this season CR has been decent for juve in the CL. i dont think its his fault.

problem is juve as a whole have been declining ever since the CL final defeat to Real. they have a very very average midfield and a sloppy defence. i reckon CR would do better in a stronger team. same with messi.

Xaviniesta

Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history and it's not close (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid €31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A) & was supposed to push them over the line in UCL.

no benz no party

Morten

He pushed them over the line in the CL well enough the last two seasons, he did what was expected of him, the fact that he was terrible in these knockouts doesnt change that.

One could say it was a mistake on Juventus part though, to sign him, if they didnt actually have the finances to build properly around him.

KingLeo10

bar this season CR has been decent for juve in the CL. i dont think its his fault.

problem is juve as a whole have been declining ever since the CL final defeat to Real. they have a very very average midfield and a sloppy defence. i reckon CR would do better in a stronger team. same with messi.

If only you held this sort of reasonable stance in Messi threads before.

BarcaOG

Banned
honestly if i was ronaldo i would be screaming at Morata. the spaniard wasted/took 3-4 very decent chances in the first half alone. especially frustrating was morata heading the ball over/at the keeper/out when ronaldo was right behind him (i.e. the ball would have reached CR for a header had Morata let it go)
[MENTION=18429]Morten[/MENTION] says theyve played well together this season but what i saw today was as dysfunctional a striking duo as ive ever seen

eaman

Of course he would like any player. Difference is messi still looks good in an average team. Creates if he's not getting chances and mostly looks to play forward with the ball or beat a man

BarcaOG

Banned
If only you held this sort of reasonable stance in Messi threads before.

i think CR's CL KO record is so much better than messi's (i.e when it comes to actually stepping it up when it matters) that i am more than willing to give CR the benefit of the doubt. especially also because CR has a winner's mentality and really really wants it. he will bitch and cry and run all game. ill take that over messi walking around waiting to go home.

that said, let's not get into it here. it is of course true that if messi had better teammates (i.e. NOT current busi, NOT lenglet, NOT current pique, NOT braithwaite) he would also do a lot better. so there's that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bad career move for Ronaldo for sure, however Juventus still probably made off with a lot of money by signing him, even though he hasn’t won them a CL. Who knows, perhaps they will next year? Still questionable whether one can say it was a bad decision by Juventus to get him.

SmilerBam

Both Messi and him are shadows of what they used to be in big games. Terrible performance :lol:.

They aren't helped by their teams either.Abysmal quality compared to what Juve and Barca had 4-5 years ago.But anyway,yeah.Ronaldo is anonymous if he doesn't score.At least Leo can still make an assist or two.

serghei

They aren't helped by their teams either.Abysmal quality compared to what Juve and Barca had 4-5 years ago.But anyway,yeah.Ronaldo is anonymous if he doesn't score.At least Leo can still make an assist or two.

Yea, that's true. Their obvious decline would've been hidden a bit if they were part of elite sides.

Richard.H

CR7 had a great assist today, but imo he's nowhere near as effective for the team as Messi is.

Home of Barca Fans