Copa Final 2016: Barca - Sevilla 2-0(ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a special final win. I'm sure the players will relish it.

The copa matters, now more than ever with spanish football gone supernova.
Barça rule Spain for the second year in a row !

Alik

Really out of the world performance by our whole team. Impossible to pick out specific players when the whole team played so well.

The back line really collectively put in the performance of a lifetime.

Pique always says how he loves tough matches where he is forced to defend. In that case I think this will end up being his favourite match.

Devils

It's an incredible, incredible game once you think about it.

Barca showed incredible resilience today and adapted when we were completely thrown off our rhythm (red card and Suarez injury). Defensively we were INCREDIBLE.

So proud of this team and everything they showed today.

What a fantastic season it has been, the double after a previous treble season. This team is just too good.

Antimilan

Congrats to all the Cules here. It was a tremendous match, and I've never ever seen Barca get pressured and even park the bus for a while as tonight. Of course the circumstances were such, but I'm really proud that Sevilla was the one that caused Barca to defend like crazy and try to counter-attack, which is not typical of Barca anyway. It also seemed a bit that it was not Messi's night... I knew it from the missed free kicks... he scored 2 of them easily in the first match in Uefa SuperCup.

Anyway, a great game in overall and simply, the best team won. Sevilla couldn't make use of the player advantage and ended up being pressured by a brilliant build up that caused a red card for our side, where Banega basically gave Sevilla just a mere 30 minutes to enjoy the show, as Barca's name was written in the trophy right after that tackle, which was a deserved red of course, just as Mascherano's. Refereeing was top-notch, and I would appeal to LFP to have such referees constantly in La Liga matches, a true gem of a referee!

Nevertheless, this again proved that La Liga is no joke, and even Sevilla can make Barca hang on to the ropes sometimes, which we surely cannot say for any EPL team or other leagues.

See you next season in the Spanish SuperCup in August!

Richard.H

[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION]

How do you feel about Emery not using any of his 2 subs even though the team was clearly fatigued? Your team was running on fumes as soon as OT started. I thought surely Emery would make some subs ASAP, but he didn't until the end.

Antimilan

[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION]

How do you feel about Emery not using any of his 2 subs even though the team was clearly fatigued? Your team was running on fumes as soon as OT started. I thought surely Emery would make some subs ASAP, but he didn't until the end.

The most logical answer, which I'm sure even Emery would say is: our subs were not good enough to be featured in a game like this, especially with the match being very tight.

Emery in overall doesn't trust players that don't perform well, and those who don't perform well are subs for a reason. We had N'Zonzi (DM) and Kolo (CB) suspended, then Tremoulinas (LB) and Krohn-Dehli (DM/CM/RW) injured, who are all starters/key players except Kolo. Therefore, the ones that were subs tonight, were the poorest of the poorest from our squad. They just couldn't contribute anything if fielded, while the risk of them screwing up was high.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Incredible game ! What a spirit the team showed, not giving up until the last second!

As someone said, I really had a dark time and was holding my hand when messi was hurt and suarez asked for sub, playing with 10 .. was wondering if we could do it ! Man did we do it ! Amazing double, amazing team !

Visca Barça, y Visca Catalunya ! :worthy:

BarcaOG

Banned
Such a tough match--credit to Sevilla for really making us work for it. For about 10-20 minutes after Masche's red and Suarez' injury I really thought we were going to lose.

The defense, and Pique in particular, was phenomenal.

DennyCrane

No champagne football, but a 100 % heart performance instead from pretty much everyone rounds off a great season. So many small things like Mathieu throwing himself head first into the ball, Neymar and Iniesta keeping on while being fouled constantly ect. , that really underline how much effort and will the team put into this match to win it. I am so proud of this team; the grit and determination on display to win this final from a team that's filled to the brim with star players was a sight to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans