Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Him and Xavi would be best friends and maybe Xavi wont have "meetings" with him :pep:

Maybe for the first few weeks....... until Xavi is crippled for life by Bielsa's ridiculously intense pressing system :xavi:

If we were to bring on a coach just for laughs, it should be Bielsa :lol:

ebc_99

Paul Merson said on Sky today that he thinks Wenger will go to Barca this summer. 5 years ago I would have been delighted with that but not so sure now. Is he still a great manager?

It would be really interesting to see what he could do with our players. I would prefer him to the likes of Valverde or Martinez.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Paul Merson said on Sky today that he thinks Wenger will go to Barca this summer. 5 years ago I would have been delighted with that but not so sure now. Is he still a great manager?

It would be really interesting to see what he could do with our players. I would prefer him to the likes of Valverde or Martinez.

No No No No No No No No :puke:. We don't need Wenger bringing his loser mentality to this club, he has little to offer us in a time when we need a coach with a vision.

Valverde and Martinez are both much better. Valverde brought Athletic up to 4th place after the chaotic mess left by Bielsa, playing VERY good football in the process (though he's said clearly that he won't come to Barca). Martinez isn't a particularly great coach but at the very least he can instill discipline and morale, something Wenger doesn't know.

ammarfcb

ze special one
wenger is a strategy manager. he just has ideas. we already have an idea, we know what we want, we just need that detail manager... some one who's obsessed.

#tataout #WengerNotEvenIn2Out

MessiDinho10

No No No No No No No No :puke:. We don't need Wenger bringing his loser mentality to this club, he has little to offer us in a time when we need a coach with a vision.

Valverde and Martinez are both much better. Valverde brought Athletic up to 4th place after the chaotic mess left by Bielsa, playing VERY good football in the process (though he's said clearly that he won't come to Barca). Martinez isn't a particularly great coach but at the very least he can instill discipline and morale, something Wenger doesn't know.

Martinez (we're talking Roberto here right?) not a great coach? Please elaborate...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Martinez (we're talking Roberto here right?) not a great coach? Please elaborate...

He's a good one in terms of motivation and discipline. He'll give the players a push and try to get them performing. This is seen by the whole "fining players for not sleeping 8 hours" policy and getting Deulofeu to be a harder worker.

However, he's not that great tactically IMO. At Everton he can pick a good formation and probably train the players to link up well in the final third, but Everton is often a tactical mess. Their team shape is weak which often leads to isolation in some areas and overcrowding in others-->long ball parade. He knows tactics on a decent level but you'll never see him excel in that area.

Before it even comes up, I understand that it's not entirely possible to play perfect Barcelona football in the PL with his group of players. That's not what I'm criticizing. It's that his team in general have somewhat weak transitions and unity. He could be playing any style he felt like and if he were to get it right tactically, then I'd commend him on it. However he hasn't really done that unlike coaches such as De Boer, Valverde, Klopp (though I think he's too different from us), etc. Lucho hasn't gotten it right at Celta either.

Edit: For the record I would've preferred having Martinez these past two years over Tata and Tito as a transition coach, I just don't think he's capable of carrying us out of the ditch the way we need right now

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Conte is a good shout if available. Also who says he would play 3-5-2? Also we don't hate Wenger we just realise that he is not the manager we need.

Duke

He's a good one in terms of motivation and discipline. He'll give the players a push and try to get them performing. This is seen by the whole "fining players for not sleeping 8 hours" policy and getting Deulofeu to be a harder worker.

However, he's not that great tactically IMO. At Everton he can pick a good formation and probably train the players to link up well in the final third, but Everton is often a tactical mess. Their team shape is weak which often leads to isolation in some areas and overcrowding in others-->long ball parade. He knows tactics on a decent level but you'll never see him excel in that area.

Before it even comes up, I understand that it's not entirely possible to play perfect Barcelona football in the PL with his group of players. That's not what I'm criticizing. It's that his team in general have somewhat weak transitions and unity. He could be playing any style he felt like and if he were to get it right tactically, then I'd commend him on it. However he hasn't really done that unlike coaches such as De Boer, Valverde, Klopp (though I think he's too different from us), etc. Lucho hasn't gotten it right at Celta either.

Edit: For the record I would've preferred having Martinez these past two years over Tata and Tito as a transition coach, I just don't think he's capable of carrying us out of the ditch the way we need right now

If we learned anything from the past few season, we learned that we need motivational coach more than tactical. Tito was the tactical brain when Pep was a coach but did an average job when he was a coach. Same with Tata who suppose to be master tactical. We play simple football and that's why we were successful when we had Pep who is motivational perfectionist coach. I would take Wenger over Valverde any day as he is perfectionist too and with team like Barca he will do well (Barca ain't Arsenal). His problem is that he stayed too long in Arsenal, he needs to recharge the battery and new challenge.

My choice would be Klopp or Conte but Wenger should be interesting.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I wouldn't mind getting Wenger, yes he is not winning any titles, but it's because Arsenal is a selling club and despite that Wenger always manages to create a balanced team with almost no money.

Home of Barca Fans