Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

Bobo32

You dont have a clue about 90% of topics you spout off on. Keep ignorant if you want.

Last response so stop pawing for attention.

I never asked for your reply, usually they're just angry misunderstandings of what I've written, as now. You say I am wrong but can't even begin to explain why, instead you keep shitting up the thread with oneliners, like a girl.

I never wanted your attention, I made a claim which you attacked and then I politely asked for more information. It looks as if you are running away after realizing you don't have any reason for being so rude and that you even might be wrong, although you'd never admit it.

If anyone reading can give me anything about Pep wanting Zlatan out, please post. I saw Balague made some claim about Pep making a decision after Inter, but I think Pep was fully prepared for having Zlatan in the squad for at least another year.

Bobo32

Go read I Am Zlatan. I'm sure you can find excerpts.

I have read excerpts, but they are mostly of what Zlatan did (admitting to not listening, calling him names, telling him to go to hell, etc), not what Pep did or wanted. They didn't speak for half a year, Pep said afterwards that "if so, there are reasons".
Pep was the boss, and wouldn't let Zlatan take over as he has done in every other team where he has played, but that Pep would be the driving force in wanting Zlatan out after that season I cannot believe. Pep didn't pay his wage or needed any money, and he had just done everything to get him a year earlier.
Rosell on the other hand did want a little bit of money, and stab Laporta for the bad investments. Rosell said this publicly, as well, if you couldn't figure out the mechanics at play.

Did Chygrinskiy every cost us points with 3 direct penalty give aways?.
No, he did make a few mistakes, but so did all our defenders playing now as well.
In another timeline he could very well become a Barca legend, but he never settled in.

Porque

I have read excerpts, but they are mostly of what Zlatan did (admitting to not listening, calling him names, telling him to go to hell, etc), not what Pep did or wanted. They didn't speak for half a year, Pep said afterwards that "if so, there are reasons".
Pep was the boss, and wouldn't let Zlatan take over as he has done in every other team where he has played, but that Pep would be the driving force in wanting Zlatan out after that season I cannot believe. Pep didn't pay his wage or needed any money, and he had just done everything to get him a year earlier.
Rosell on the other hand did want a little bit of money, and stab Laporta for the bad investments. Rosell said this publicly, as well, if you couldn't figure out the mechanics at play.

There is also the part of Zlatan meeting with Pep before the new season. Saying he wanted to start with a clean slate and put in the efforts to make this a success. Pep just sat there and said nothing.

Pep wanted Zlatan out just as he wanted Eto'o out the year before (for Adebayor no less) along with Ronaldinho, Deco. Of course Pep to the media has never directly said this. Though everyone else around the deal (Zlatan, Raiola, Rossell) strongly suggests as such.

With Zlatan, it was just a personality mismatch and Pep wanted to move him on. He had built too much credit in his first two seasons to not accept his wishes basically and it was seen as the better option to take on the one year financial loss.

To think that Rossell would want to move Zlatan because he was a Laporta signing rather than the coach who replaced him in the 11 with 16 year old Bojan not counting on him any more is a stretch. IMO.

Bobo32

There is also the part of Zlatan meeting with Pep before the new season. Saying he wanted to start with a clean slate and put in the efforts to make this a success. Pep just sat there and said nothing.

Pep wanted Zlatan out just as he wanted Eto'o out the year before (for Adebayor no less) along with Ronaldinho, Deco. Of course Pep to the media has never directly said this. Though everyone else around the deal (Zlatan, Raiola, Rossell) strongly suggests as such.

With Zlatan, it was just a personality mismatch and Pep wanted to move him on. He had built too much credit in his first two seasons to not accept his wishes basically and it was seen as the better option to take on the one year financial loss.

To think that Rossell would want to move Zlatan because he was a Laporta signing rather than the coach who replaced him in the 11 with 16 year old Bojan not counting on him any more is a stretch. IMO.
Yes Adebayor or Kanoute, but Zlatan was the much more exciting option. Pep thought he could tame him, and managed to get Laporta to pay for him, against the advice from Sacchi for example, probably Cruyff as well. It was evident after half a year that Zlatan didn't want to be tamed, he thought he should be the star. Pep still played him pretty much until the end, despite some terrible performances. He played him at the 2010/11 preseason as well.
Zlatan and Raiola obviously wanted out, and made a lot of childish and ridiculous comments. Rosell had all the reason to want Zlatan out immediately, and he did in fact use it as propaganda against Laporta.

Pep played Zlatan more than any attacker bar Messi, and Xavi was the only midfielder to get more minutes throughout the season.
19yo Bojan scored a goal every 90 minutes he played, and worked his ass off, Zlatan needed 1,5 times more time to score a goal, more time than Pedro needed as well. Bojan decided the game against Inter after being subbed on, but the goal was disallowed...
I believe Pep was fine with letting Zlatan get a chance to prove himself again the next year. He was a big investment and he was Peps investment emotionally, contrary to Eto'o.

Regarding Chygrynsky it's no question that Rosell et al wanted him out despite Pep wanting to keep him. And for me, it's very easy to see the same mechanism regarding Zlatan.

I wanted to stay and Josep Guardiola said he was counting on me. I was sorry, but I do not regret anything. It was a great experience.

I did not want to leave. But I had to leave, because Barcelona had debts and they wanted to bring down their wages. Shakhtar wanted to buy me back for ?15m (?13.5m/$17.8m) and Barcelona decided this was a good solution,

Dima is a fantastic player and the more he gets whistled, the more support we will give him, because he has many years ahead of him here

https://www.*********/en-om/news/pe...-chygrynskiy-flop-/1u5u0daqhepa81xpr0ngjm0m26

JamDav1982

Yes Adebayor or Kanoute, but Zlatan was the much more exciting option. Pep thought he could tame him, and managed to get Laporta to pay for him, against the advice from Sacchi for example, probably Cruyff as well. It was evident after half a year that Zlatan didn't want to be tamed, he thought he should be the star. Pep still played him pretty much until the end, despite some terrible performances. He played him at the 2010/11 preseason as well.
Zlatan and Raiola obviously wanted out, and made a lot of childish and ridiculous comments. Rosell had all the reason to want Zlatan out immediately, and he did in fact use it as propaganda against Laporta.

Pep played Zlatan more than any attacker bar Messi, and Xavi was the only midfielder to get more minutes throughout the season.
19yo Bojan scored a goal every 90 minutes he played, and worked his ass off, Zlatan needed 1,5 times more time to score a goal, more time than Pedro needed as well. Bojan decided the game against Inter after being subbed on, but the goal was disallowed...
I believe Pep was fine with letting Zlatan get a chance to prove himself again the next year. He was a big investment and he was Peps investment emotionally, contrary to Eto'o.

Regarding Chygrynsky it's no question that Rosell et al wanted him out despite Pep wanting to keep him. And for me, it's very easy to see the same mechanism regarding Zlatan.

https://www.*********/en-om/news/pe...-chygrynskiy-flop-/1u5u0daqhepa81xpr0ngjm0m26

Wrong again.

Cruyff was pushing for Zlatan and Pep saying he wanted Chygrinsky to stay is not new and reason they sold him was for money offered when needed for a player that was a dud and they called that one correct. Nothing to do with them trying to make any point about Laporta.

Fucking fantasy world you live in where board wanted rid of Zlatan against Peps wishes.

Bobo32

Wrong again.

Cruyff was pushing for Zlatan and Pep saying he wanted Chygrinsky to stay is not new and reason they sold him was for money offered when needed for a player that was a dud and they called that one correct. Nothing to do with them trying to make any point about Laporta.

Fucking fantasy world you live in where board wanted rid of Zlatan against Peps wishes.
Fuck you give me attention.

I am asking you once more to show some source or a reason for saying that I am wrong. Not that I don't believe you that Cruyff could've been positive to the transfer (I just speculated that he wasn't, so I was not wrong any way) but because I would like to read it because I did not know. Can you provide anything this time?
In any way, that was a small part of the post, and not the main argument.

I never said it would be against Peps wishes to sell Zlatan. I said Pep probably wasn't very desperate to sell, but that Rosell wanted to get rid of him in order to blame Laporta. You are the one living in a fantasy world obviously, as you are not even able to read what is written.

JamDav1982

Fuck you give me attention.

I am asking you once more to show some source or a reason for saying that I am wrong. Not that I don't believe you that Cruyff could've been positive to the transfer (I just speculated that he wasn't, so I was not wrong any way) but because I would like to read it because I did not know. Can you provide anything this time?
In any way, that was a small part of the post, and not the main argument.

I never said it would be against Peps wishes to sell Zlatan. I said Pep probably wasn't very desperate to sell, but that Rosell wanted to get rid of him in order to blame Laporta. You are the one living in a fantasy world obviously, as you are not even able to read what is written.

Clueless and not for me to educate you any more than have. Keep being a fantasist or ignorant. Suits you.

Windhook

I was left with the impression that Eto'o was the major force in the Zlatan transfer. Pep got into conflict with Samuel and there was probably consensus with Laporta administration, because we sold Eto'o to Inter for just 20m, compared to the 70m paid for Zlatan.

Overall it's a bad move or at least a bad price for world class striker in his prime. They were both 29 in 2010.

Home of Barca Fans