Claudio Bravo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bravo > Stegen! :)

I hope we continue as we did the last two season. Mats didnt prove that he is better then bravo so why change it?

Because he is younger and better looking is underlying motive among many people here.

F

Flavia

Better looking? :lol:

It's because he's younger and can give Barça at least 9 more years, which Bravo can't. Reversing roles wouldn't be nothing much. Bravo can play CL, and MAtS gets more playing time in la liga. win-win for everyone.

zanela

Better looking? :lol:

It's because he's younger and can give Barça at least 9 more years, which Bravo can't. Reversing roles wouldn't be nothing much. Bravo can play CL, and MAtS gets more playing time in la liga. win-win for everyone.

Even with the obvious aside, on sheer performance alone, he outperformed Bravo last season. (see Motm thread) I can name atleast 5 matches where Mats finished top 3, but I'm struggling to think of one besides el Clasico(A) for Bravo.

But the sane thing should be to sell Mats for big money to City, and give a bumper 5 year contract to Bravo. I mean his consistency the past season has been the stuff of legends.

PS: btw, it's Bojan who's a fan of MAtS looks, not us. :whistle:

El Guaje

Bravo > Stegen! :)

I hope we continue as we did the last two season. Mats didnt prove that he is better then bravo so why change it?

How will he prove it by sitting on the bench? How will he ever be as match-fit as Bravo by playing once (or twice if he is lucky) per month? He doesnt have the same chance to be rotated as the outfield players either. A GK of his level and age must play regularly. He doesnt even have to replace Bravo but he has deserved more gametime for sure. If he'll just sit on the bench they shouldve just kept pinto. Or send MaTS on loan and bring Valdes back lol.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Even with the obvious aside, on sheer performance alone, he outperformed Bravo last season. (see Motm thread) I can name atleast 5 matches where Mats finished top 3, but I'm struggling to think of one besides el Clasico(A) for Bravo.

But the sane thing should be to sell Mats for big money to City, and give a bumper 5 year contract to Bravo. I mean his consistency the past season has been the stuff of legends.

PS: btw, it's Bojan who's a fan of MAtS looks, not us. :whistle:

The motm thread is no way to judge these things. Every time mats makes a couple saves his fanboys/girls will say he was man of the match. Bravo plays well every time he is out there and just shows up and does his job each week with no fuss, people overlook him and don't include him in their motm list.

Bravo has been performing well for his whole time at the club, why bench him?

F

Flavia

The motm thread is no way to judge these things. Every time mats makes a couple saves his fanboys/girls will say he was man of the match.

Bravo has more fanboys here than Mats. People who started following Barça just for him. I don't think Mats has any of those.
The club is thinking about the future, that's why changing their roles shouldn't be that big of a deal. Bravo is 33 already.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Bravo has more fanboys here than Mats. People who started following Barça just for him. I don't think Mats has any of those.
The club is thinking about the future, that's why changing their roles shouldn't be that big of a deal. Bravo is 33 already.

I don't mind changing the roles, I can see the long term logic, but the way some people act towards bravo just to defend their guy is quite strange. They even want to sell bravo just so their guy can play. Though if you look at it from a barca perspective, not a player perspective, there is no reason to be unhappy with bravo playing most of the time as he is playing well.

There's also a hate to bravo because he had the tenacity to play well for his country and beat messi's argentina in the two copa americas

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I don't mind changing the roles, I can see the long term logic, but the way some people act towards bravo just to defend their guy is quite strange. They even want to sell bravo just so their guy can play. Though if you look at it from a barca perspective, not a player perspective, there is no reason to be unhappy with bravo playing most of the time as he is playing well.

I don't think anyone actually wants to sell him. Just reactions to rumors. MAtS is playing well too. He did good when Bravo was injured, in the last matches of last season. Not sure we'd find a better fit for the next 9-10 years, and he's here, so that also needs to be taken into consideration. Can't lose him to keep Bravo happy either.

zanela

The motm thread is no way to judge these things. Every time mats makes a couple saves his fanboys/girls will say he was man of the match.

Trying to undermine culers opinion by labelling them "fanboys/girls" because you disagree with them or can't bring any valid arguments. And trying to be dismissive about those who regularly watch Barca games and actually care to rate player's performances, unlike some who are MIA, and show up as if to act their "opinion" is superior to others.

Since you are so well-informed, please tell me how MatS' saves against Bayer04 (A), Arsenal(A), Espanyol(A), Bilbao (A), Sevilla(Copa) had no bearing on the result and which 3 players were better in the aforementioned games. Whilst you are at it, since you are such a staunch Bravo admirer (don' his avatar et al) and keep bangin' on about his consistency the past season., name 5 games of Bravo excluding el clasico in which he deserved to be Top 3.

Bravo plays well every time he is out there and just shows up and does his job each week with no fuss, people overlook him and don't include him in their motm list.

Again, not true. BF ranked him higher than MAtS in the duo's debut season.

Last edited:

vinni

How will he prove it by sitting on the bench? How will he ever be as match-fit as Bravo by playing once (or twice if he is lucky) per month? He doesnt have the same chance to be rotated as the outfield players either. A GK of his level and age must play regularly. He doesnt even have to replace Bravo but he has deserved more gametime for sure. If he'll just sit on the bench they shouldve just kept pinto. Or send MaTS on loan and bring Valdes back lol.

You have a good point. :)

Stegen will probably never be the player he can be until he is playing every week. That said, what about Bravo? He been exellent for us the last two years. We cant just promote Stegen to a full time role based on his youth. It needs to be on performance.

I think or at least hope both are evaluated on a weekly or monthly basis by the coaching staff. If it was apperent Stegen was outperfoming Bravo he would allready be starting.

At some point though, Bravo's form will most likely fall behind Stegen and that will be the time to make a change. Not now if you ask me at least.

Observer

Banned
Try to keep up. Not a single one of those is an accomplishment for Barca in 2016, which is my entire point.

Dont try to spin it, you said consistently failing.

So you basically placed him on "the likes of Vermaelen, Arda, Adriano, Douglas, etc..."

I know you are trying to make a point, but you cant disable every aspect that doesn't suit your narrative.

Again, not true. BF ranked him higher than MAtS in the duo's debut season.

I think we can all agree why

Observer

Banned
B/c he played more often?

Let me ask you this:

If he would play like shit all first season long instead of Zamora + clean sheet record, would you use it as an argument? Not, right?

So, again. Did he played good because he got to play more often, or maybe is because he is a good keeper...mmm he doesnt play often for Chile, but he plays good. What is this sorcery?

F

Flavia

Let me ask you this:

If he would play like shit all first season long instead of Zamora + clean sheet record, would you use it as an argument? Not, right?

So, again. Did he played good because he got to play more often, or maybe is because he is a good keeper...mmm he doesnt play often for Chile, but he plays good. What is this sorcery?

If you endorsed the opinions for the 1st season, so you do it for the 2nd, too? The one MAtS got rated higher?

Home of Barca Fans