Claudio Bravo

Kuchi

Tbh, i'd leave also if i were him, it can't seem fair to him to be sidelined, just because MATS is a better prospect. The man played great for us, with consistency and judging by performance, he deserves that spot.

Hopefully, MATS stays healthy and we don't get another Pinto moment in Mar-Apr when season's decided.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Good riddance

:facepalm:

Looks like it.

I don't see any concrete rumors to suggest that. I hope he stays for one more season. With roles being the same.

Hopefully, MATS stays healthy and we don't get another Pinto moment in Mar-Apr when season's decided.

That is exactly the reason why we should not sell Bravo. That season Valdes injury really hurt us in the end. He was on top form and that injury changed everything both for him and the club.

Last edited:

God Serena

That is exactly the reason why we should not sell Bravo. That season Valdes injury really hurt us in the end. He was on top form and that injury changed everything both for him and the club.

What happened with Valdes was a freak injury in a season where we had a second goalkeeper staying well past his prime. An injury to the #1 keeper would hurt any team realistically. Our problem that season wasn't that we didn't have two world class goalkeepers, our problem was we only had one keeper capable of filling the role.

Icarium

Lifestealer
What happened with Valdes was a freak injury in a season where we had a second goalkeeper staying well past his prime. An injury to the #1 keeper would hurt any team realistically. Our problem that season wasn't that we didn't have two world class goalkeepers, our problem was we only had one keeper capable of filling the role.

Yes that is exactly my point. Having Bravo and Mats for one more season is the best result for the club imo. This season i believe we can push for the treble again and we will need all the depth. If we can find a decent enough replacement and Mats becomes very solid then we can sell Bravo. People might compare it to Cech and Courtois situation but Mats still didn't reach Courtois level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes that is exactly my point. Having Bravo and Mats for one more season is the best result for the club imo. This season i believe we can push for the treble again and we will need all the depth. If we can find a decent enough replacement and Mats becomes very solid then we can sell Bravo. People might compare it to Cech and Courtois situation but Mats still didn't reach Courtois level.

That's because ter Stegen never got a chance to play regularly and gain that trust and confidence to develop like Courtois did at Atletico and Chelsea. That's not even a valid comparison because of that reason.

I think if Bravo stands in goal in the first matchday of the league, he'll hand in a transfer request.

Even Jose Mourinho prioritized the future of Chelsea by benching a legendary GK for them and that says a lot considering Mou is hardly known for trusting and developing younger players over the more experienced ones. Unless he got a grudge ofc.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
That's because ter Stegen never got a chance to play regularly and gain that trust and confidence to develop like Courtois did at Atletico and Chelsea. That's not even a valid comparison because of that reason.

I think if Bravo stands in goal in the first matchday of the league, he'll hand in a transfer request.

Even Jose Mourinho prioritized the future of Chelsea by benching a legendary GK for them and that says a lot considering Mou is hardly known for trusting and developing younger players over the more experienced ones. Unless he got a grudge ofc.

Courtois was sent on Loan and got playing time. Chelsea didn't sacrifice Cech and gamble with Courtois just because he is younger, and still it turned out bad but not his fault. His team was shit. Cech was a better player and they had the better chance of winning something with him than Courtois and that is why they sent him on loan. We are part that loan point now. Should have done it 2 seasons back only, Mats would have been a well developed player by now.

Home of Barca Fans