CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

ViscaFCB

According to MD, tonight's starting lineup is as follows: Ter Stegen, Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Pedri, De Jong; Griezmann, Messi, Dembele

ViscaFCB

Ter Stegen, Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Pedri, De Jong; Griezmann, Messi, Dembele

This is it.
Good luck to us, and Visca Barca!

Bobo32

According to MD, tonight's starting lineup is as follows: Ter Stegen, Dest, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Pedri, De Jong; Griezmann, Messi, Dembele

It seems everyone in this forum knows I want Puig to play, but this is a decent eleven, it was much worse sometimes last year.
I hope that Pedri and De Jong can find a good understanding and positioning between them tonight, so that Barcelona can dominate the centre
I also hope Dembele and Griezmann are keeping width and depth, not trying to be too involved in play, and that they can be clinical when they get the chance
Let's hope Messi plays like last game as well!

neo_wolf

People talk about Messi vs Mbappe but they are sleeping on Dembele, i bet he is fired up and wants to compete against Mbappe.

Bulgroz

This way of thinking is invalid apart from the 2-0 L vs Sevilla (in which we lost pretty much due to Umtiti), and I'll tell you why. All the games mentioned above were played under RK's 4-2-3-1 ludicrous experiment, where Pjanic would start one game, then Busi. Coutinho/Pedri trying as LWs, Griezmann not even close to his actual shape, as well as Dembele's and Messi's. The 4-2-3-1 was a fiasco because our pivots (FDJ and Busi/Mire) were tied up to a very stiff and strict position.
I wouldn't place my money against Barcelona in all those matches now that we found a formation that suits us - with FDJ playing as good as ever, with Messi smiling once again, we can praise Mbappe all we want but Dembele is doing as good as ever as well, and Griezmann... lets the numbers talk. I won't deny our defense is fragile but we cope with the situation and we have learned to move forward.

EVER SINCE WE SWITCHED TO A 433, RESULTS HAVE COME OUR WAY, and when they haven't (pretty much 2 games), it came down to a lack of concentration and Umtiti.

Be positive, believe we can do it and be there for the team regardless of the outcome.

Dismissing the Sevilla loss as "due to Umtiti only" is very lazy. Barca played poorly during that game, and it's not all due to Umtiti. And even though he got dribble easily on Kounde's goal, he's not the one who let him run with the ball for 60 meters with only 2 passes. Barca fully deserved to lose against Sevilla, and not just because of Umtiti.

That being said, Sevilla right now is superior to PSG imho, so that loss doesn't really mean that tonight's result will go the same way. I expect Barca to win 2-1.

Richard.H

Dismissing the Sevilla loss as "due to Umtiti only" is very lazy. Barca played poorly during that game, and it's not all due to Umtiti. And even though he got dribble easily on Kounde's goal, he's not the one who let him run with the ball for 60 meters with only 2 passes. Barca fully deserved to lose against Sevilla, and not just because of Umtiti.

That being said, Sevilla right now is superior to PSG imho, so that loss doesn't really mean that tonight's result will go the same way. I expect Barca to win 2-1.

Don't pull the Wolfe/Morten card. Your team is clearly superior to ours. We have not looked good against any top team this season. I would argue our win vs Juve away was some of the worst I've seen Juve play in years. They also did not have CR7 that match.

At the end of the day, your mid and attack is still much better even without Neymar. Defense highly questionable, but I still say Marquinhos in 2021 is much better than all of our CB's.

Home of Barca Fans