CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Borussia Dortmund 3-1

FC433

I definitely would not mind losing to BVB. I have always wanted to win the EL and getting rid of EV with that, cannot get any better. However, I doubt it. EV is here to stay for at least the end of the season.

Andresito

Staff member
maxresdefault.jpg

serghei

Well, Busi-Raki duo for years was usually good enough for a CL group stage and for La Liga away matches (except on Anfield, of course).

Frenkie-Arthur haven't proved till now that they are good enough for any of those.

Struggled in 2 matches vs Slavia.

Lol. Arthur didn't play vs Slavia at home. He played away, where he created 1 of the 2 goals we scored.

Raketa10

I definitely would not mind losing to BVB. I have always wanted to win the EL and getting rid of EV with that, cannot get any better. However, I doubt it. EV is here to stay for at least the end of the season.

Yeah winning the EL should be a goal for the most expensive team in history. :facepalm:

Sailor Mars

If we get relegated to the Europa League, we won't win it nor and I think our league campaign will be an even bigger disaster. The players would have no motivation after another heartbreak.

gregorrin10

Arthur benched not even for Vidal, but for Rakitic, who's been told pretty much by everybody at the club, that he'll be sold not even in the summer, but in January already, gets back to start in the biggest game of the season so far after being frozen out to the bench, having his minutes reduced drastically, his form and confidence thus being at an all time low. Makes complete sense. :lol: This is this Board for you, 'galacticos policy', buying and playing only the most expensive transfers and biggest names in our team without having an idea on how to implement them in the team. De Jong, being a 75M investment, and a new shiny toy of this season was always gonna get in somehow at someone else's expense, Bartomeu telling EV he has to play him, while Arthur, a mere 30M transfer, and from the Brazilian league no less, and with his 2nd season at the club already underway, gets benched even though he's basically our best midfielder (apart from De Jong, but who is a different player altogether, more rapid and can't control the flow of the game like Arthur can). If you consider the pure Barca passing game, Arthur is our best option right now and the closest to Xavi and Iniesta's style, especially Xavi's. And sacrifice that not only for Vidal, who can at least make some positive influence on the pitch, but for the proven fail that is Rakitic and Busquets together. Well done.

Last edited:

Zidane82

oh man rakitić thread is the place to be tonight

I’ll start the watch waiting for Roberto’s first cock up ..
Guessing he’ll give the ball away needlessly which will end in a goal opportunity in the first ten minutes and I predict he’ll be caught out of position about 5 times

Home of Barca Fans