CL | Round 5: FC Barcelona - Borussia Dortmund 3-1

FCBfan22

We are getting shafted on our right side (if Raki plays RCM)... Raki-Bob-Umtiti right side + no help from the front. Highway for a decent winger.

mdenci

Don't know why are you all unhappy about this lineup... Did you actually expect EV to play Wague? The only thing I would change is Arthur in, Busi out...

Raketa10

Don't know why are you all unhappy about this lineup... Did you actually expect EV to play Wague? The only thing I would change is Arthur in, Busi out...

I agree. I would also change our manager but that's not an option today. :D

FinBarcelonafan

Well, Busi for Arthur is pretty big mess up. Dortmund will have field day vs our Raki/Busi midfield. They are so slow.

FCBfan22

Also, Griezmann RW today would be a godsend, since our right side looks vunerable and we should have a winger with high defensive workrate there...

But Valverde won't bench Suarez.

BBZ8800

Well, Busi for Arthur is pretty big mess up. Dortmund will have field day vs our Raki/Busi midfield. They are so slow.

Well, Busi-Raki duo for years was usually good enough for a CL group stage and for La Liga away matches (except on Anfield, of course).

Frenkie-Arthur haven't proved till now that they are good enough for any of those.
We created 0 chances in Dortmund.
We were almost 0:3 down vs Inter in the first half.
Struggled in 2 matches vs Slavia.

Frenkie-Arthur duo wasn't that convincing till now, quite the opposite, when you remove forum's bias towards favorite toys.

FinBarcelonafan

Well, Busi-Raki duo for years was usually good enough for a CL group stage and for La Liga away matches (except on Anfield, of course).

Frenkie-Arthur haven't proved till now that they are good enough for any of those.

Frenkie-Arthur duo wasn't that convincing till now, quite the opposite, when you remove forum's bias towards favorite toys.

The potential these two have is way higher than Busi and Rakitic. We know they will never win CL ad a starter anymore. They are finished.

The whole team has been garbage this season. You can't put that all on these two.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

We need Arthur and Frenkie to work though... unless you want to repeat history again. If Valverde cant make them work, which is his job, thats one more reason he should be gone. Individually theres no doubt that they are our best midfielders. But who am I preaching to. You have the same mind as Valverde.

FinBarcelonafan

We need Arthur and Frenkie to work though... unless you want to repeat history again. If Valverde cant make them work, which is his job, thats one more reason he should be gone. Individually theres no doubt that they are our best midfielders. But who am I preaching to. You have the same mind as Valverde.

Exactly and we will never beat any good team with Busi and Raki. Everyone knows how to exploit their game.

mc_lovin

Its the classic Valverde circle as well. He sets his starting 11 into stone and at the first glance of trouble he fights the symptoms (by changing players) instead of the cause. He has no vision, thats his problem.

Edit: Last preseason game + first two league matches are a prime example of that (Alena, Roberto etc...).

Givenchy

starting Busi-Raki is just braindead, might aswell go full 'Retardo' and play Vidal in place of Frenkie

strangely i still think we'll win this, Messi will be up for it tonight

Home of Barca Fans