CL | Round 2: SL Benfica - FC Barcelona 3-0

behindbrowneyes

Hopefully Fati plays. We need him sooooo much. The offense looks sterile as **** without him.

True. Fati will come on for 25 or 30 minutes and have an immediate impact.

Tbf to Koeman, he doesn't have many options. Demir hasn't proved to be ready for La Liga let alone CL. Coutinho isn't in form either. The only reason Luuk is starting is because he is the only striker.

Imo, with 5 substitutions the line-up is less important than it was with 3. Today's game plan is probably to contain their 3-4-3 with this line-up, stop them from scoring and attack in last 30 minutes with Ansu, Gavi and some other dynamic player.

I'd still like Gavi and Mingueza to start, but let's see what happens. We can't change it anyway and line-ups will be disappointing until we have more depth for a front three.

cro-man

A bit more bravery from koemann would be welcome. Why not trying to play gavi for example and take the gamble? This squad on paper is not good enough and never will be. It doesnt even make a difference even if they win or not. We need to try a something new and not playing the same loosers.

We got it we dont have a squad to compete with the best but it doesnt mean we are unable to try atleast to improve.

FinBarcelonafan

A bit more bravery from koemann would be welcome. Why not trying to play gavi for example and take the gamble? This squad on paper is not good enough and never will be. It doesnt even make a difference even if they win or not. We need to try a something new and not playing the same loosers.

We got it we dont have a squad to compete with the best but it doesnt mean we are unable to try atleast to improve.

The lineup ain't that bad. Change Luuk and Fati and it looks competent team(Fati on wing, Depay on top). Roberto still being black hole but otherwise it's pretty solid.

kattanib

Once upon a time I saw a flower, I called her flower, but she said call me Pussy. I call her Koeman instead.

The lineup :puke:

cro-man

The lineup ain't that bad. Change Luuk and Fati and it looks competent team(Fati on wing, Depay on top). Roberto still being black hole but otherwise it's pretty solid.

This one black hole did cost us enough i think but its not just only him. That midfield with busquets pedri and de jong failed hard so far. I dont know what wrong with them and whose fault it is but its not working.

Gari

FAeQodQWQAY7w54

FinBarcelonafan

This one black hole did cost us enough i think but its not just only him. That midfield with busquets pedri and de jong failed hard so far. I dont know what wrong with them and whose fault it is but its not working.

True. They love to pass the ball back and not create offense. Bit too "safe" midfield and no ability to make through passes. And lack of physicality.

Yep, and Luuk will cost us upfront. He is too slow to do anything.

BusiTheKing

hard to believe we're bookmakers favorites for this game. from what i've seen of Benfica this season, they're sharp and really well drilled.

El Gato

Villarato!
So this is Koeman's 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 right?

Still can't get over Busquets is a starter in a serious match in 2021. He's a Marcelo equivalent at this point and treated the opposite.

Home of Barca Fans