CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

Messi983

Dest’s name in the list is more of a surprise than Alba. During yesterday’s session & the days before, he was just on the sidelines and wasn’t involved w/ the group. Now, after today’s warm-up session, he’s (surprisingly) been declared as ‘fit’. Really hope we’re not rushing him.

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1437728548207222785

Still expect Oscar or Roberto to start. Maybe even both (Oscar RWB, Roberto LWB) if both Alba and Dest won't be ready. But hopefully Koeman will have cojones to start Balde.

FinBarcelonafan

Dest?s name in the list is more of a surprise than Alba. During yesterday?s session & the days before, he was just on the sidelines and wasn?t involved w/ the group. Now, after today?s warm-up session, he?s (surprisingly) been declared as ?fit?. Really hope we?re not rushing him.

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1437728548207222785

Still expect Oscar or Roberto to start. Maybe even both (Oscar RWB, Roberto LWB) if both Alba and Dest won't be ready. But hopefully Koeman will have cojones to start Balde.

He rushed him last time Vs PSG I think(backfired when Mbappe owned him). Koeman needs speed and quick legs Vs Bayern.

JamDav1982

With no wingers the best formation could be the 343 from last season when Messi/Griezmann played as AMs behind Dembele.

MATS
Araujo Garcia Lenglet
Dest Roberto FDJ Alba
Coutinho Pedri
Depay

Cant see it though and Pique will be shoe horned in and Busquets cannot ever play at a level low enough to be dropped it seems.

FinBarcelonafan

With no wingers the best formation could be the 343 from last season when Messi/Griezmann played as AMs behind Dembele.

MATS
Araujo Garcia Lenglet
Dest Roberto FDJ Alba
Coutinho Pedri
Depay

Cant see it though and Pique will be shoe horned in and Busquets cannot ever play at a level low enough to be dropped it seems.

It seems like Alba and Dest are questionable shape for the match. Koeman in the crapper. He has no options.

I agree. Busi is going to look horrible today. He will be pressed like crazy and run over 100 times. We just can't play him vs someone as physically strong as Bayern.

It's Bayern. For some reason, they have a vendetta against us.

We should have been more ruthless and hammered them every harder in 2009 and 2015.

My prediction is that they'll play this with the intensity of a CL semi-final or final. And will 5-1 us at Camp Nou and 5-1 us at Allianz. Or worse.
There is no vendetta from Bayern at all.

If anything, Barca has been the most respected club of all..the role model club Bayern aspired to become with a clear football identity and a fantastic integration of youth through La Masia.

Cannot count how often Hoene? & Co. have mentioned it in the past, whereas there r countless negative comments about Real and their glactico approach, so if there is one club Bayern have a vendetta against, then its Real not Barca.

Times have changed though and Barca have betrayed their own identity and are no role model anymore.

Of course the team will have knives between their teeth, because its Barca..it cannot get bigger than this..its a sign of respect to give everything in such games.

jairzinho

Can't wait for this game. Should give us a good idea of how we'll look this season, whether we can compete for titles etc. I think Luuk De Jong could start up front with Depay playing just off of him.

Kul_z

Can't wait for this game. Should give us a good idea of how we'll look this season, whether we can compete for titles etc. I think Luuk De Jong could start up front with Depay playing just off of him.

It could be jack shit too ,we're missing a couple of right ingredients to be judged properly, but yes, excited.

Messigician

🗣[ @fansjavimiguel ] | The presence of Sergi?o Dest, who did not train in the last training session, and Jordi Alba, who did not participate in the activation session this morning, indicates that things are not going well.

Hard pass on this humiliation. Cya later dawgs, I've got better stuff to do than watch us be 3 goals down at half time.

Home of Barca Fans