CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

L

linetty

So you're following football since....what...yesterday?
I was being sarcastic... just something different in contrast to you pessimistic bunch. We outplayed French champions like some kids in the backyard twice in a row, rejoice

Same with English champions as well

Last edited:

dakt

I was being sarcastic... just something different in contrast to you pessimistic bunch. We outplayed French champions like some kids in the backyard twice in a row, rejoice

We did well. We could have done even better if Messi was on the level. PSG however was shit. The game against Chelsea and us are two totally different editions of PSG.
Of course we are better team, but I won't get carried away just yet since we have to face some serious opponents, where quality difference is negligible and luck is usually the biggest factor.

klc123

Lol, if we beat Bayern 2-0 I think everyone on this forum would still be saying we got lucky and that bayern were shit.

The reason PSG played "shit" is because our midfield completely outclassed them. We pressed them perfectly and forced errors, were always first to loose balls and we moved the ball around their pressing so fluently that they couldn't deal with it. That's how I saw the game anyway.

Everyone complains when the team is reliant on Messi and everything comes through him. Now that we have 2 other quality forwards it means that Messi can drift out wide and leave PSG stretched, making holes in the PSG defence that Neymar and Suarez can exploit. It isn't laziness on Messi's part, it is a tactical edge.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Psg are no mugs. They are better than two seasons ago and they almost knocked us out that time.

It's shows how much we have improved.

Bucky

Penya Member

+1

It was a joke over those two legs, clearly Barça played better - they sealed the tie last week and last night Barça were just toying with them.

I take linetty's word for it and dare not read the last few pages I've missed, just cannot be bothered any more around here. It was clear as day if anyone is saying otherwise, PSG weren't shit, they were simply not good enough and Barça are on another level. Simple as that. They didn't need to get going, blatantly just practise for them. The goals were a bonus just to stamp our dominance.

klc123

decent performance. but if we start with prosinecki/romario in the next round we'll be slaughtered

Lol, it's such a mute point anyway.
Pique and Mascherano aren't a bad pairing. Mascherano showed yesterday that he can bring the ball out of defence as good as any other CB in the world. Could you imagine if barca had bought david luiz and we actually had a CB worth complaining about.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Lol, it's such a mute point anyway.
Pique and Mascherano aren't a bad pairing. Mascherano showed yesterday that he can bring the ball out of defence as good as any other CB in the world. Could you imagine if barca had bought david luiz and we actually had a CB worth complaining about.

We would murder him online if David Luiz was playing for us and someone would have nutmegged him twice in the same game

StarLord

+1

It was a joke over those two legs, clearly Barça played better - they sealed the tie last week and last night Barça were just toying with them.

I take linetty's word for it and dare not read the last few pages I've missed, just cannot be bothered any more around here. It was clear as day if anyone is saying otherwise, PSG weren't shit, they were simply not good enough and Barça are on another level. Simple as that. They didn't need to get going, blatantly just practise for them. The goals were a bonus just to stamp our dominance.

Haven't you learned that when a Mourinho side qualifies to the next round via an away penaldo, it's because Mourinho is fucking genius of the game? Or that when Bayern beat a ten-man Shaktar 7-1 (or was it 7-0?) it's because they are two levels above us, and Lucho is poor man's Pep? Or that when Dortmund eliminate Malaga in the 4th minute of injury time with 5 players off-side, it is also because they are AWESOME and because Klopp pawns all!!!

And of course, when Barca wins something like 13 big games on the trot both domestically and in Europe (most with ease and chances galore to spare) this is because our opponents magically turn to shit when faced with the Blaugrana due to some voodoo magic shit!

Yeah mate, welcome to The Twilight Zone!

Lol, if we beat Bayern 2-0 I think everyone on this forum would still be saying we got lucky and that bayern were shit.

The reason PSG played "shit" is because our midfield completely outclassed them. We pressed them perfectly and forced errors, were always first to loose balls and we moved the ball around their pressing so fluently that they couldn't deal with it. That's how I saw the game anyway.

Everyone complains when the team is reliant on Messi and everything comes through him. Now that we have 2 other quality forwards it means that Messi can drift out wide and leave PSG stretched, making holes in the PSG defence that Neymar and Suarez can exploit. It isn't laziness on Messi's part, it is a tactical edge.

True.

Put PSG against Chelsea again, and they will look like Brazil 1982 edition all over again. Some people are hellbent on not giving any credit to this team.

Psg are no mugs. They are better than two seasons ago and they almost knocked us out that time.

It's shows how much we have improved.

Again. True.

L

linetty

Haven't you learned that when a Mourinho side qualifies to the next round via an away penaldo, it's because Mourinho is fucking genius of the game? Or that when Bayern beat a ten-man Shaktar 7-1 (or was it 7-0?) it's because they are two levels above us, and Lucho is poor man's Pep? Or that when Dortmund eliminate Malaga in the 4th minute of injury time with 5 players off-side, it is also because they are AWESOME and because Klopp pawns all!!!

And of course, when Barca wins something like 13 big games on the trot both domestically and in Europe (most with ease and chances galore to spare) this is because our opponents magically turn to shit when faced with the Blaugrana due to some voodoo magic shit!
:lol: Great post, especially the last two lines

PhilS

Well, that was convincing. Barca is better than PSG at every position. I love the way M,S & N are taking turns every game being MOM, it is impossible for any team to defend against this front line. This was one of Neymar's best games since joining Barca. 30 goals already this season! He should just give up trying to pass, his scoring is so much better than his passing, the team is a lot better off if he always looks for his shot. Suarez is right, Neymar must shoot.

I see no weak points in this Barca team, hats off to Lucho for having the team in such fantastic form at this stage of the season. I'm so glad all those rumored acqusitions did not go through, we are so lucky to have this group of players on the squad. Barca has to be the favorite now in all three competitions.

Home of Barca Fans