CL quarters: Barca - PSG 2-0 (5-1 agg.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
What a performance ! Constant pressing from everyone was so pleasing to watch, and that Iniesta run .. welcome back the Don! :)

On to the semis!

And about Bayern, i'd rather have them in semi final over 2 legs of course, not 1leg away which is what a final against them would be basically !

We have to win against Espanyol and then our league calendar is pretty cool for a while up until ATM.

Vlom

It's not that I am afraid of Bayern! The problem is that we have tough league games as well. We have to think about those too! Right after the 2nd leg of the CL semi, we have to visit the god damn Vicente Calderon! Imagine if we have to go to the Allianz Arena on a Wed night, and then play Simeone's butchers 3 days later! Thanks, but no thanks!

No problem if the league games before are rotated correctly !

StarLord

What a performance ! Constant pressing from everyone was so pleasing to watch, and that Iniesta run .. welcome back the Don! :)

On to the semis!

And about Bayern, i'd rather have them in semi final over 2 legs of course, not 1leg away which is what a final against them would be basically !

We have to win against Espanyol and then our league calendar is pretty cool for a while up until ATM.

No mate, the final is not at Allianz, it's in God damn Berlin, that is several hundred miles from Bavaria! Even if it was in Bavaria, we would have equal number of tickets as them! Have you forgotten about us beating United in London? Or Chelsea beating Bayern at the Allianz!

Let Madrid have them in the semi, and we will probably not have to face them at all! El Clasico final in the German capital! That is my dream final!

StarLord

No problem if the league games before are rotated correctly !

How can you rotate correctly for two games against a fresh Bayern and fresher than us Atletico (if they are eliminated tomorrow) within a few days? Have you seen some of our players tonight? They were on the verge of collapse! Thankfully, PSG had a loaded program as well and it balanced out somewhat! This would not be the case if were to draw Bayern and Atletico are eliminated from the CL.

dakt

Honestly now!

What does this team have to do for you to say: "hey, we are actually darn good, and even top notch teams such as PSG can't really handle us"?

I am not attacking you by the way, I am just interested in what you are expecting from this team.

Who was saying anything about our team??? I'm sure PSG was not itself tonight, where do you see the problem in that?

EdmondDantes

Great performance. You could actually see the players resting and saving energy by bossing possession during most of it. We have important games coming up. Another one gone, a few more to go.

StarLord

Who was saying anything about our team??? I'm sure PSG was not itself tonight, where do you see the problem in that?

This is what you said:

Yeah, I don't think we are that much better. PSG was pure, pure shit today. I don't think they should make any plans with Ibra still in the team...Cavani also, but he's leaving for Atletico next season I guess.

You clearly make two assertions there:

a) That we are not that much better than PSG.

b) The only reason why we actually looked so much better, was because PSG had an extremely under-par game. That can be the only implication of your statements. Agreed?

So yes, you obviously said something about our team. Namely, that our team is not that much better vis a vis PSG, and the only reason such an impression might have been given to the observer, was because PSG were at their very worst!

Don't you think it is fair on my part to ask what it is that our team has to do, for you to say that we are actually pretty good? If you don't mind that is. You can always decline to comment.

FC B

Fantastic result. We're into the semis. Wooow. I'm really excited for this though ofc I new how likely it was before the second leg... Nice and I pray for a good draw for the semis.

Vlom

How can you rotate correctly for two games against a fresh Bayern and fresher than us Atletico (if they are eliminated tomorrow) within a few days? Have you seen some of our players tonight? They were on the verge of collapse! Thankfully, PSG had a loaded program as well and it balanced out somewhat! This would not be the case if were to draw Bayern and Atletico are eliminated from the CL.

The verge of collapse ? lol

Ok let's leave this argument, it's going no where.

dakt

This is what you said:

You clearly make two assertions there:

a) That we are not that much better than PSG.

b) The only reason why we actually looked so much better, was because PSG had an extremely under-par game. That can be the only implication of your statements. Agreed?

So yes, you obviously said something about our team. Namely, that our team is not that much better vis a vis PSG, and the only reason such an impression might have been given to the observer, was because PSG were at their very worst!

Don't you think it is fair on my part to ask what it is that our team has to do, for you to say that we are actually pretty good? If you don't mind that is. You can always decline to comment.

Oh man, the discussion. :rolleyes:
Look, we are not that much better than PSG. I don't know what is insulting or confusing for you in that statement. We were having much harder times against teams from the lower part of the table in la liga, I'm sure that "shitty" PSG is better then....I don't know...friking Eibar. If you still don't get that, then I won't go any further in explaining myself.

Juan03

No mate, the final is not at Allianz, it's in God damn Berlin, that is several hundred miles from Bavaria! Even if it was in Bavaria, we would have equal number of tickets as them! Have you forgotten about us beating United in London? Or Chelsea beating Bayern at the Allianz!

Let Madrid have them in the semi, and we will probably not have to face them at all! El Clasico final in the German capital! That is my dream final!

I would have a heart attack if that's the final.

wise-ass pierre menes (biggest football pundit in france) claims
PSG "should have used long balls more to avoid the barça midfield and take advantage of Piqué's poor form" :VdB:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Iniesta rolled back the years with that run. Pure brilliance, hope he can build off of this performance.

Biggest positive for me is that we won comfortably without having to play at 100% and while a lot of people bitch about it, its smart. We have tougher games ahead of us so why exert more than you have to? Work smart, not hard. Players that haven't been at their best in the past really showed up tonight, particularly Iniesta and Dani.

I personally expect Atleti to beat Real tomorrow so I say let Bayern have Atleti, we get Juve and beat Bayern in the final.

Great result, like I said in the chat, this season is officially better than the last with this result!

Kudos to Lucho! :lucho:

Home of Barca Fans