CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

Atleti survived the 1st leg, barca did what was expected, no surprise.

#lucho out..for real. Worst outcome in 4 key matches. No excuses. Out and fuck off

to correct you .. i think we survived the first leg not them :lol: .. without torres stupidity we were getting hammered plain and simple

yayabeast

New signing
alba and dani alves need to go. they add absolutely nothing to the offense or defense of this team its been like that for the most part of this season

CuleLife4Life

Well this sucks. CL semis are weak this year anyway. Bayern will probably end up winning it all. And I have a sick fear that Madrid may also come out on top with some luck.

Atletico were the better side today. And even last week until they lost a player.

jairzinho

The team looks spent, jaded, fatigued, lost. I could go on and on. We need to focus nw on retaining the domestic titles. Messi needs a break.

Barcilliant

Atleti survived the 1st leg, barca did what was expected, no surprise.

#lucho out..for real. Worst outcome in 4 key matches. No excuses. Out and fuck off

Lol. Replace Lucho with who?

There is no manager out there.

Lucho has to take some of the blame but our big names failed when it mattered.

Even Ronaldo showed up when needed yesterday.

Devils

It is the way it is unfortunately. Fatigue catched up to us. Lets hope we can still win la liga and possibly copa despite of it.
I dont mind Atletico winning the cl to be honest, atleast they show passion. A yone but Real.

It's not fatigue.

Fatigue isn't going to the Calderon with a gained advantage in the first leg and passing it around in your own half like it's some practice session and then decide to turn up the intensity when you go down gol and the tie shifts.

That's being clueless. That's showing no desire. That's how coward's play.

We did what Wolfsburg did yesterday at Real. Played like cowards and cockiness and got humbled dearly for it.

King Grego

What saddens me all over again is that we don't have a plan B....
On a positive note: great performance by Sergi Roberto, i hope Alves gets benched for some games...

Kikan

can't hate .. atletico represents everything i love about football .. f**ck names .. go there with pair of b**s , sweat the shirt , run your ass off and you stand a chance against whoever infront of you . about minutes 55 they run 9 km more than us .. that's about 2 extra players on the pitch .

That pretty much sums it all , well said

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Hope they go on to win it to be honest, and get revenge over Real for Lisbon. Honestly though does anyone think Johan Cruyffs death took a major toll on the players? I know it sounds like looking for excuses but we've been extremely bad since then, lost 3 games out of the 4 played since it was announced and we were lucky against Atletico at Camp Nou as well, doesn't seem like a farfetched reason for such a big low at a team that looked like the best in Europe by a long way a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Kuchi

Someone please explain why we always have to lay things for atletico, we simply waited for them to score. Very dissapointed with our passiveness.

Even fucking zidane knew how to push his players...how the fuck do we go on with this lack of intensity against atletico needing one goal.

Lucho needs to go, bad squad management, overused msn, overused inuesta&raki and alba.

Feel robbed by our team

Iarwain

2nd game in a row where an opponent execute brilliant header after a long ball in their effectively first and only chance.

I'd have no issue with Atletico winning the CL, but I'm sick from 'pundits' glorifying their systematic fouling, manhandling, bodychecking, playacting for the sole purpose of time-wasting, as some form of brilliant "tactical" execution.

Fouls: 20:10
Cards: 4:4

Also, too much of a pussy to call that blatant added-time penalty, Rizzoli? Afraid you'd get bullied by Atleti players?

BBZ8800

Hope they go on to win it to be honest, and get revenge over Real for Lisbon. Honestly though does anyone think Johan Cruyffs death took a major toll on the players? I know it sounds like looking for excuses but we've been extremely bad since then, lost 3 games out of the 4 player since it was announced and we were lucky against Atletico at Camp Nou as well, doesn't seem like a farfetched reason for such a big low at a team that looked like the best in Europe by a long way a few weeks ago.

No.

I said in other topic.
We lost the same as today, more or less 7-8 times in the last 12 seasons.

That's typical Barca:
-- you win in one season, and then you play with half of the strength

When we wake up, it is already 80th minute of the 2nd match.
Classical Barca.

You'll get used to it over time.
This surely wasn't the first nor the last CL defeat of this kind.

Our mentality...

Barcilliant

It's not fatigue.

Fatigue isn't going to the Calderon with a gained advantage in the first leg and passing it around in your own half like it's some practice session and then decide to turn up the intensity when you go down gol and the tie shifts.

That's being clueless. That's showing no desire. That's how coward's play.

We did what Wolfsburg did yesterday at Real. Played like cowards and cockiness and got humbled dearly for it.

Agree. Like I said a very dark day.

We can lose like we did in the Pep days but we lost with our heads held high. With just a bit of luck we could have beaten Inter and Chelsea.

This was worse then two years ago cause our squad was alot worse.

klc123

I don't understand. If we started the game how we were playing around the 60-70 minute mark we would have won this game easily. I know Atleti's mindset was different after the goal, but we knew they would come out pressing us, it shouldn't have been a surprise. The big players really let us down in this fixture, Messi in particular looks like he wants to be anywhere but the Camp Nou playing football for the last 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans