CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

Know it won't happen, but just in the extremely slight chance Lucho thinks about playing with 3 defenders à la Guardiola :

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Roberto-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Turan
0-0-0-0-Neymar-0-0
0-0-Suarez-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

+ Messi, Turan and Neymar could swap positions to confuse Atletico's defense. I don't think that Koke is that good on counter-attacks.

Turan could finally have the attacking freedom he requires.

That's just fantasy atm of course.
Bloody what :amazed:
I think that arrangement will most likely confuse our own players before atletico defenders

Dado

Know it won't happen, but just in the extremely slight chance Lucho thinks about playing with 3 defenders à la Guardiola :

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Roberto-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Turan
0-0-0-0-Neymar-0-0
0-0-Suarez-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

+ Messi, Turan and Neymar could swap positions to confuse Atletico's defense. I don't think that Koke is that good on counter-attacks.

Turan could finally have the attacking freedom he requires.

That's just fantasy atm of course.

I fixed it for you ...

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-Roberto-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-Turan-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Gotta keep the turkish fans happy :lol:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Wow, the negativity ... "we're done for the season" ? like seriously ? hahaha

Dado

^ Gonna get murdered on the flanks

Fixed it ..
[formation=barca,6]
0-Roberto-0-0-Piqué-0-0-Mascherano
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-Turan-0-Iniesta-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Is that better? :lol:

F

Flavia

Fixed it ..
[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Nope. Chaging the system is a terrible idea, as the game vs rm just showed.

[formation=barca,9]
MAtS
0-0-PIQUE-0-MASCH-0-0
BOB-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-0-RAKITIC-0-INIESTA-0-0
MESSI-0-0-0-0-0-NEYMAR
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

gasgas

Fixed it ..
[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

We'll be murdered in that big cavity between msn and midfield :pep:

gasgas

Nope. Chaging the system is a terrible idea, as the game vs rm just showed.

[formation=barca,9]
MAtS
0-0-PIQUE-0-MASCH-0-0
BOB-0-0-0-0-0-ALBA
0-0-0-BUSI-0-0-0
0-RAKITIC-0-0-0-INIESTA-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
MESSI-0-0-0-0-0-NEYMAR
0-0-0-SUAREZ-0-0-0
[/formation]
He's just having fun with mido's formation

Sniperr7

I fixed it for you ...

[formation=barca,6]
0-0-Roberto-0-Piqué-0-Mascherano-0
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-0-Turan-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

Gotta keep the turkish fans happy :lol:

lmaoo...

dont let arda to play. he can be trojan horse for atletico loll

barcafan161

They are tough no matter what the situation. We will have to work for a win and a good win. A 2-1 wouldn’t be good enough. 2-0 would do fine.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sorry but I still think we should have rotated against Madrid. Like, it did us no good whatsoever to play the gala on Saturday. I still don't really care that much about the loss. We were the better team for the majority of that game, we just were not ruthless enough with the chances we created.

The problem is, the only starter who got to rest was Rakitic. I am particularly worried about Suarez's fitness. He's probably played the most of the front line and he looked sloppy and lethargic against Real. I couldn't believe he missed that tap-in 5 mins into the game and I'm afraid he's beginning to tire. Alves, Raki, Busi, Alba these guys run a lot to give MSN freedom and that's why I'm really worried about our confidence and fitness being low bc they all played all 90 mins against Madrid.

We played Cruyff's 3-4-3 (Dado's 2nd formation) at least in the 1st half and I think it was Lucho's homage to Cruyff. Messi was the CAM and Alves was the RW. Honestly since he has came back from injury, Messi has played a lot more centrally than he did last season. It didn't work against Real though with Casemiro clogging the center. That's why Lucho brought on Turan, he needed someone to occupy that right side. The problem was Arda was practically hugging the touch line and didn't tuck in centrally at all. It's as if Messi was supposed to be a CAM and a RCM and it left us woefully exposed. Zidane made a great sub bringing Jese on. He changed the game completely and that's why we lost control at the end.

Turan is struggling to find himself with this team. He's good at LCM (Iniesta's role) but does not understand how much more defensive you have to be as a RCM supporting Messi and that's why Rakitic has been Lucho's go to RCM. I think our biggest problem against Real and it's been a feature of our play recently, is our lack of width. Messi has got to spread wider, especially against Atleti. The 4-3-3 works, but with Messi playing so centrally recently, it's been more of a 4-3-1-2. Lucho tried this when he first got here and it didn't work bc of the same problem. If Messi and Neymar start outside in instead of inside out, it will open up more space through the center for the MF and Suarez to operate.

Bottom line for me in this tie though is Lucho can't be afraid to make a change if it's still 0-0 60 mins into the tie. We really need to score a couple goals in this first tie to force Athleti to be open in the 2nd leg. If they have any room to just sit and counter in the 2nd leg, that's bad news bears for us. So we have to gain the initiative in the 1st leg and if Suarez or Neymar or Messi aren't playing at the expected level, you can't tell me giving Mnuir or Rafinha 20 mins to run at a tired back four wouldn't end up in at least a few chances.

I have faith in Lucho. I'm sure he has studied that game up and down already and he can make the right adjustments to get us firing on all cylinders for Atleti.

Kuchi

Ideal conditions, no pressure, no fatigue, high morale, everything should click....yes talking about atletico..

Can't really find any reason to believe in a better display, same 11 guys forced to play with barely any rest and no opportunity to get some momentum.

Hope the tactics get a big refresh and just hope for a MSN X Mas miracle.

barcafan161

Ideal conditions, no pressure, no fatigue, high morale, everything should click....yes talking about atletico..

Can't really find any reason to believe in a better display, same 11 guys forced to play with barely any rest and no opportunity to get some momentum.

Hope the tactics get a big refresh and just hope for a MSN X Mas miracle.

The hope is that they were leaving something in the tank for Tuesday and not sure how they weren’t based on Saturdays pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans