CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

Nucky

No way Barça will crush Juve. This will be a very hard. 50-50, imo. Just hope for a draw in Turin.

Juventus 2015 was a much better team and we won. It's gonna be hard, I agree but we are more than capable to beat them. We have nothing to be afraid if our performance will be similar to the one in the second leg vs PSG. First leg we play away so we have a little advantage that the second leg is at home. I hope to see Bayern,Atletico and Monaco and of course Barca in the final.

Vialli_92

The way I see is it both of us have regressed since 2015. Barcelona are a good 30% weaker than 2015 imo and we have regressed a little bit particularly in midfield.

It all depends on how Juve approach the game if we get the right balance between pressing/defending and counter attacking I think we will win over the 2 legs but if Allegri doesn't get his tactics right from the beginning I can see you guys going through by a couple of goals.

F

FlaFCB

Juventus 2015 was a much better team and we won. It's gonna be hard, I agree but we are more than capable to beat them. We have nothing to be afraid if our performance will be similar to the one in the second leg vs PSG. First leg we play away so we have a little advantage that the second leg is at home. I hope to see Bayern,Atletico and Monaco and of course Barca in the final.

Barça also was a much, much better team then. We're a shadow of that team.

serghei

As I said in another thread, Juventus are a team that, when in a position of power in the game, even at home, will not go all the way, but will look more to protect that lead. This is part of the italian football pragmatism. When in a good position, risk less. If they found themselves 1-0 up in Juventus Arena, they would make a step back. This is good for us, because barring another disaster like against PSG, I don't see us losing badly the first game. Worst I expect is a 1-2 or 0-1 loss. Which is something problematic a bit, but we can turn it around on Camp Nou.

The bad part is that, like Atletico, they are capable to absorb pressure very well. Something PSG was not able to do on Camp Nou, and something that teams like Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund, Monaco, can't do as well. So I can see us struggling to score against Juventus even while dominating them. Madrid had that problem in 2015 as well. Found it hard to score even in moments where Juventus was domionated. So, they can defend, and can do it really well. So if we screw up in a major way in Italy there is no comming back imo, because of Juve's ability to absorb pressure when defending in a deep block. They can and will know to play how PSG tried but failed.

Best teams that could absorb pressure and keep holding on a lead while being dominated are, in this order, Atletico, Juventus, and Leicester. Funny enough, I think Leicester is not a sure victim against Atletico because of this reason.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

As I said in another thread, Juventus are a team that, when in a position of power in the game, even at home, will not go all the way, but will look more to protect that lead. This is part of the italian football pragmatism. When in a good position, risk less. If they found themselves 1-0 up in Juventus Arena, they would make a step back. This is good for us, because barring another disaster like against PSG, I don't see us losing badly the first game. Worst I expect is a 1-2 or 0-1 loss. Which is something problematic a bit, but we can turn it around on Camp Nou.

The bad part is that, like Atletico, they are capable to absorb pressure very well. Something PSG was not able to do on Camp Nou, and something that teams like Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund, Monaco, can't do as well. So I can see us struggling to score against Juventus even while dominating them. Madrid had that problem in 2015 as well. Found it hard to score even in moments where Juventus was domionated. So, they can defend, and can do it really well. So if we screw up in a major way in Italy there is no comming back imo, because of Juve's ability to absorb pressure when defending in a deep block. They can and will know to play how PSG tried but failed.

Best teams that could absorb pressure and keep holding on a lead while being dominated are, in this order, Atletico, Juventus, and Leicester. Funny enough, I think Leicester is not a sure victim against Atletico because of this reason.

It sounds weird but not having Busi for that first leg "could" work in our favour in that way. We'll have less control and possession in midfield which will hopefully bring Juve out more and make more space for us. (Got to see the positives!)

Gaudi

Juve is strong, in my opnion among top 4 clubs, but at the end it depends which Barca will show up, one that we have seen quite some times in La Liga and the one from Paris or the one we saw couple of times that can dismantle any opponent.

JerseyAddict

If Messi shows up in game and Lucho doesn't force some weird middle lineup we have a chance. I am affraid of their headers in our 16m. They have good "air attack".

BBZ8800

I don't have fears, it is 80:20 for us.

Juve may be strong in general, but their strengths won't work against us.

They are not too attacking team, they won't have more possession than us.
They can only defend well.

I would be more scared of Bayern, Real and Atletico.
I would be even more scared of Monaco and Borussia against us (than against Juventus). Those guys are crazy attacking teams.
They can win and lose 4:0 or 0:4 against anyone.
On their night, Borussia or Monaco could score 2-3-4 goals against us (if we are in horrible form).

With Juve, even if you are in horrible form, it will end 1:0 or 2:0 at max.

Anyway, we are going through.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't have fears, it is 80:20 for us.

Juve may be strong in general, but their strengths won't work against us.

They are not too attacking team, they won't have more possession than us.
They can only defend well.

I would be more scared of Bayern, Real and Atletico.
I would be even more scared of Monaco and Borussia against us (than against Juventus). Those guys are crazy attacking teams.
They can win and lose 4:0 or 0:4 against anyone.
On their night, Borussia or Monaco could score 2-3-4 goals against us (if we are in horrible form).

With Juve, even if you are in horrible form, it will end 1:0 or 2:0 at max.

Anyway, we are going through.

How do you see us defending against their aerial attacks? With the likes of Mandzukic? I feel pretty uneased.

vlad

perfect opponent for barca, strong team, big club, no room for underestimating, because that would happened if they got dortmund, monaco, leicester... i didnt want bayern and atletico.

barca needs to play 2 great matches if they want go through, for me, this juve side is not so good as 2015 when they were playing in final, but lets see, i dont watch alot matches in serie a

edit: bayern because they look strong on every position with great coach on the bench, atletico because they know how to send barca home from CL

BBZ8800

How do you see us defending against their aerial attacks? With the likes of Mandzukic? I feel pretty uneased.

With that logic (fear of headers) we should be scared of any midtable English team who plays long balls.

Mandzukic is good with head, but also, he played at Atletico and wasn't too successful in Spain.
Then you have Dybala who is short and not dangerous in air and Higuain who played for RM for years, and yet we won majority of all La Ligas in that era.

Also, if Barca will have possesion all the time, there won't be chances for too many crosses at all.

If we won't have injuries and if our motivation will be at least at 80-90% from the last Month, we shouldn't have problems.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
With that logic (fear of headers) we should be scared of any midtable English team who plays long balls.

I do think we might get killed a lot by those mid table English teams via corners and set piece if we play them more regularly. :lol:

Seriously, I know Umtiti has been very solid aerially for us but overall our aerial defense against headers has not been stellar, I felt.

Home of Barca Fans