CL: Barca - Man City 1-0 (3-1 agg.)

That was perhaps our worst performance since Sociedad (Malaga aside) we gave the ball away far too often Neymar and Suarez looked of the pace, Messi eased up in the second half. And yet we still could have easily won by six, hopefully we are saving those goals though for Sunday.

raki

When Messi retires i will stop watching football for a couple of months/year. Did the same with Michael Jordan.
Casillas is not Hart :p We are the team that scores more goals in the world so it was a one off finishing game :p

Gonna save this game and watch it tomorrow. Is Ray Hudson alive?

Richard.H

I really think during the halftime talk, Lucho told the players to take their foot off the pedal. The 2nd half looked like a practice match to me. It looked worrying but I'm guessing the players and the staff were confident enough that they were going to go through.

It could have been an absolute annihilation by Barca (at least 6-0 thrashing) but credit to Joe Hart who had the game of his life. Neymar almost cried at the end of the match and knew he had to score.

Speaking of Neymar, his form is worrisome. He has been quite crap since the copa del rey Villareal return leg. He needs to get his shit together.

Also, Alves made some boneheaded mistakes in this game.

Lastly, Ter Stegen.... What... the... hell? Did he seriously think he could out dribble Aguero?

For the clasico, no way RM will give us this many chances. It's such a crucial match to us because not only do we have to win, but we have to win with at least a 3 goal margin so we don't let RM win in head to head if we are all tied up in points.

Gnidrologist

Agree with all those, who complain about shit finishing, but have to say, it looked like we were playing quite complacently, as if we were the bosses. These shit finishes are usually the result of that. It's a stick with two ends - we are in really good form and players feel that, which is why they allow to behave like smart asses, but i think they will get their shit together when it counts. Lucho really seems like a good general. He pushes players to play with all their hearts and our defensive performance is a result of this. MC didn't get any chances except of peno and that one run from right flank by Navas. Otherwise, even with shit finishing, we were rolling over them. SKY pundits agreed.

One thing that freaks me out is that both Neymar and Suarez seeks Messi to pass to when he's completely covered, instead of shooting through obvious free corridor, but when someone other than Messi is actually in better position, they choose to shoot an impossible shot. Lucho seems to not realize this. Or he has no power over N and Ss natuarl insticts - pass to God Of Football whenever you can.

Anyhow, great match. Especially defensively. Mathie gets a badge from me this time, although he didn't have much to do this time, like in the ''easy'' matches of Bartra.

Asylum15

Firstly,

the game was completely NOT was I expected from us in the first half. I was really frustrated how often we let City have possession, opting to rather sit back and remain compact. However, while feeling annoyed at our lack of possession, I was on the flip-side extremely impressed with our ability to sit behind the ball and remain difficult to break down, something we've NEVER been good at with this squad. Messi was absolutely amazing in the first half, GOAT level, and we should have scored more, but for poor finishing and Hart having his first world class game in about 2 years (IMO).

2nd half it was like a repeat of the first leg, we totally took our foot off the pedal, and as Henry said on SkySports, we looked like we were already thinking of the Madrid game. See, it doesn't bother me at this stage that we do that, but lets say we are in a CL Semi Final against Bayern and we take our foot off, it'll be a different scenario. People will tell me don't worry, we won't be that unprofessional, but I worry sometimes.

The UK press trying to suggest the tie hinged on the missed penalty by Aguero was hilarious and typical English press. Henry's body language suggested he wanted to just explode and shout, ''YOU WERE OUTCLASSED BOTH LEGS, AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10-1.''

City had 3 chances in the entire game:

1. Milner's one which Alves blocked.
2. Penalty.
3. Navas' pullback behind everyone.

Other than that, they had lots of meaningless possession.

Also, damn Alves to hell for such a stupid booking as-well.

We'll need to be much more clinical Sunday.

Vamos!

Gnidrologist

I loved that expression of Pep when Messi did that nutmeg in the middle line. He was like 'wot, ffs is tis real?' Would love to see the gif.
He is still in the awe of Messi and can't hide it.

Asylum15

Agree on the finishing, but dont forget leo was just as guilty of poor finishing as the other two. :messi: still the goat though :worthy:

Was anyone as surprised as me that Leo tried to kick it high in the middle of the goal for his chance at the end when he held off Sagna? I thought he'd just side foot it along the ground into the bottom right corner like Neymar did against Bilbao at home earlier in the year.

I

instinct

I'm not disappointed because the only thing we can argue about is the bad finishing which has nothing to do with the tactical approach and the overall performance of our players apart from finishing. Everybody knows that Suarez, Neymar and Messi are world-class finishers but today was simply not their day and Hart was ridiculous in every sense of the word. I'm beyond happy because every player was immense tonight (maybe not Neymar) especially Alba, Messi and Rakitic. Finishing is down to individuality and mentality and not tactical aspects and that's why we should all be happy because our approach was decent to say the least. I loved the way how we created those chances (even though City's defense was a joke at times) and we can look forward to a great Clasico!

Finishing is down to individuality and mentality and not tactical aspects and that's why we should all be happy because our approach was decent to say the least. I loved the way how we created those chances (even though City's defense was a joke at times) and we can look forward to a great Clasico!

that's right !

Home of Barca Fans