Christian Eriksen

Qqqq

Not exactly a stunning game, but he has those glimpses of brilliance that leaves you with the promise of more.

He's the type of player that wouldn't fall through when presented with better teammates, simply because his football intelligence and technique is right up there with the best.

Plus he runs and runs and runs.

Trickykid

I haven't watched a single Tottenham game for a while, kinda interesting to see what he can do against us.

Nothing. Business as usual on the national team.
Morten Olsen really has a knack of getting nothing out of otherwise talented players.

Noex

The Swedish Wizard
He was ok yesterday we managed to contain him well but those times we did not he was crazy. This guy is so talented. At one point he basically fooled the 2-3 players of our team.

Qqqq

Exactly. I think he would almost instantly rise to our level if he was bought, which is kinda strange to say since I previously didn't want to see him in a Barça-shirt. But he is such a reliable player. He never falls through. If you notice the negative criticism uttered about him here in Denmark, it's all about him not making a big enough difference for the national team (assist and goal-wise), it's never about him actually playing a bad game.

And most of all - and why I think he would be a perfect fit for us - he is a team player in the purest sense of the word. Really, I think he's too good a player to function with the national side. He needs teammates who think as fast as he does and are as technically gifted.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

He was ok yesterday we managed to contain him well but those times we did not he was crazy. This guy is so talented. At one point he basically fooled the 2-3 players of our team.

I thought he was pretty great over the 2 legs, his use of the ball was nearly always right. Problem was, the Danes had absolutely fuck-all else in attack. I found their deliveries and the way they worked the ball out from the back to be good, but once it got to Eriksen, there was nothing to hit. Not to pick on easy targets, but man, Bendtner is wild trash.

Trickykid

He's in great form at the moment. If he can keep this up - alongside the rest of the Tottenham team of course - they'll make a serious case for the title.

infographic-eriksen1-2970-910x569.jpg

It's odd how he goes under the radar here and isn't deemed to be anything out of the ordinary. I suppose it's still a question of him not being as flashy as a couple of his rival playmakers. Thing is, when he clicks, Tottenham clicks. And in those periods, he's as good as any of his peers in the PL.

Trickykid

Got his tenth assist of the season today, and should by all means have had more.

Excellent match all in all from Eriksen.

Darko

He's really underrated, people talk about Coutinho and Dele Alli, but this guy is just as good if not better.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I just wanted us to get him while he was still at Ajax.

Him and Iniesta are the players who have carried on Landrup's style.

Take him over Pogba any day of the week.

J

Jamie Cal

You're right, Blaugrana Bull, we shouldn't compare him to Iniesta. Eriksen can actually contribute something in the final 3rd.

Home of Barca Fans