Christian Eriksen

Trickykid

I honestly believe he's already one of the very best freekick takers out there, which is pretty impressive considering his age. He may well proceed to be one of the best of his generation in that department.

Shamelessly quoting myself here. That was one year ago, and I honestly can't name anyone who's better than Eriksen right now.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I frankly only know him by name.

Scored some awesome freekicks this season and the last. He was the leading freekick taker in Europe for this season back in December.

From last season:

AssuredSecondaryHamster.gif

serghei

Denis Suarez, Rafinha, or Halilovic not enough?

That said. Eriksen is a class player. Only 22 as well.

Eriksen is a certainty, a player that can already make a difference against the best teams. The other 3 you mention aren't near his quality yet. Eriksen is Isco level. The others aren't. Halilovic could be world class, Denis is good, Rafinha has not impressed me. It takes more than a few flicks to play at Barca. The only problem is Tottenham will ask an insane amount of money for Eriksen.

zanela

I'm aware of Eriksen's FK exploits. But how is his overall game? To be an AM at Barca, you must 've a deft first touch, ability to take on players, creative vision, and passing. Every time I've watched Spurs, which I must admit is not often, Eriksen hasn't stood out in his gen. play.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm aware of Eriksen's FK exploits. But how is his overall game? To be an AM at Barca, you must 've a deft first touch, ability to take on players, creative vision, and passing. Every time I've watched Spurs, which I must admit is not often, Eriksen hasn't stood out in his gen. play.

He was quite good at all these at Ajax. I haven't watched him nearly enough at Spurs.

He seems to like this move.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Is there an Ajax compilation you can provide? An Iniesta replacemant should be able to effect play in confined spaces.

Let me see if I can find one. Will update this post.

The title of this one is a bit funny.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I like Eriksen. He'd do well in our midfield setup right now. He isn't the type to disrupt defenses with his dribbling Di Maria style or split them with passing a la Cesc but he is very well rounded and a smart footballer. His technique/awareness is excellent and I don't think decision making is at all a problem with him even under pressure, unlike Rakitic who shows flaws in these areas. He spreads the ball around well in the center and moves up to help 'outnumber' the opponent in attacking situations. His positioning is pretty superb as well. Not to mention that he adds a goalscoring threat (I don't think he'll take FK's here though, and his indirect deliveries are nothing special).

The problem is Daniel Levy of course and Rafinha is showing more and more aptitude in recent games. Halilovic looks poor a majority of the time (even today, when he had a goal) and Denis needs to come back because Sevilla is not at all the place for him to develop further. If Eriksen costs too much above 30m I wouldn't go for him.

Home of Barca Fans