Chelsea

Morten

Chelsea being the best team and winning the Premier League says a lot about the level of their league.

It does, how the fans and the personel(Managers included) of Arsenal, City and United can critisize Chelsea so much for being "boring" is really astonishing. They should instead focus on their incredibly pathetic title "challenge" and adress the issues, they have alot of work to do. I totally agree with Gary Neville in this regard.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Would it make a difference if Arsenal or City won the league? Not really.

The point is that chelsea are England's best team and are not that great (as seen vs PSG)

So the quality of their league is low right now. Arsenal are losing to the likes of Monaco and United will qualify for CL despite being absolutely terrible.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Somehow totally missed out on the news that we signed a shirt deal with Yokohama Rubber worth almost £40m a year, significantly higher than the £25m deal that Turkish Airlines offered. Still quite a bit lower than United's deal, but at least it's not a piss deal either.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The Chelsea rumour mill is now in full swing. Koke seems to be the most legit target of the lot, also linked with Greizmann, Lambert, Varane, Guaita and Gaya. Gaya is legit too as we're most likely going to try give back Filipe Luis for Koke and either buy Gaya or this other young English LB I read about(forgot his name). I wholeheartedly support buying Koke as he'd probably be the cheapest out of Pogba, Verratti and himself, though I'd prefer Marco out of the 3. Koke is probably more versatile though so if Mou gets rid of Ramires(which I have a feeling he will) then Koke would be a good buy.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I know, we bought one or two guys from there, and are both defensive teams, so now the media act like they are our feeder club.

Morten

Im expecting more from Chelski next year in the CL. Even with the decline of english football they usually managed to get to a quarter/semi. I dont really have any expectations for the other clubs, but Chelski is usually always solid in the cl regardless.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah we really should be pushing for the final next year. Once again we gotta buy smart, and hopefully give some young guys a chance throughout the season too. The rest of the contenders have a lot of work to do but I expect them to come back strong. I'd like United to be our biggest rivals but given their whack form at times, who knows if they'll contend. Honestly, if we buy well I don't see us losing the title next year. Sure, they'll do a lot of work to catch up but we'll also be stronger. They'll probably lessen the gap to probably 5-6 points. Then again, we'll see.

Morten

Chelsea have used less money on transfers than United, Arsenal, Liverpool and City since 2013, in fact, 3 times less than than United in that period.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I wonder what the figures would be when you weight up the sales vs. purchases(can't think of the term, net spend?), it'd probably be even less. Or is that what they are talking about?

Home of Barca Fans