Chelsea

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is Chelsea still in compliance with the FFP??

I don't get Chelsea's appeal on players. How could Caicedo reject Liverpool for Chelsea? I just don't get it.

Temptation

I don't get Chelsea's appeal on players. How could Caicedo reject Liverpool for Chelsea? I just don't get it.

Why are modern post Roman Chelsea attractive?

- Serial winners.
- Clutch.
- Best club in one of the most iconic and best cities in the world. London>>>Liverpool.
- Has a posh/white/rich fanbase unlike Arsenal who have memeworthy fans(blud fam gang). Compare the articulate and entertaining Rory to the deluded Robbie/TY. All the hot girls in London support Chelsea.
-Stamford Bridge has a great atmosphere and is a small soulful ground unlike the artificial state of art Spurs, Arsenal stadiums.
- Great modern day Prem legends/icons like Jose, Terry, Lampard, Drogba and others.
- Pay Great wages.

JamDav1982

They have probably improved their FFP this summer in the short term.

Still signing long contracts before the rules change also.

Porque

Get to live in London and join the got robbed club, what's not to love?

About FFP, it's an Uber approach of break of it's better to ask for forgiveness than seek permission. They are probably better that by the time the UEFA FFP changes are implement, that they won't be affected by it.

And if they are then they will just pay a paltry fine which is less than the value of of their investments, or at worse sit out of Europe a year like they are doing now.

They are gaming the PL FFP with creative accounting which that allows amortization of 8-10 year contracts.

Basically registering sales at 100% profit today (despite being paid in instalments), while amortizing signings over 8-10 years while ignoring the newly ordered 5 year max from UEFA.

Perhaps because the Saudi will join CL and the FFP is removed?

EDIT
God damn, tons of spelling mistakes there. That's what you get for typing while in a conversation.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why are modern post Roman Chelsea attractive?

- Serial winners.
- Clutch.
- Best club in one of the most iconic and best cities in the world. London>>>Liverpool.
- Has a posh/white/rich fanbase unlike Arsenal who have memeworthy fans(blud fam gang). Compare the articulate and entertaining Rory to the deluded Robbie/TY. All the hot girls in London support Chelsea.
-Stamford Bridge has a great atmosphere and is a small soulful ground unlike the artificial state of art Spurs, Arsenal stadiums.
- Great modern day Prem legends/icons like Jose, Terry, Lampard, Drogba and others.
- Pay Great wages.

Only the first and especially the last one matter, and I doubt if the first is even true. Chelsea, serial winners? Nah.

Why would some black players prefer having some posh/white/rich fanbase?? Makes zero sense.

Temptation

Only the first and especially the last one matter, and I doubt if the first is even true. Chelsea, serial winners? Nah.

Why would some black players prefer having some posh/white/rich fanbase?? Makes zero sense.

I copy pasted my post from a few days back which was based on a slightly different context so few points don't fit here.

Since Roman came, no English club won more than them. They won trophies nearly every season.

Porque

Lewis Hall (18, 11 first team games) on his way to Newcastle for 41m.

He might (must? Given Newcastle have great scouting) be very very good, but it is still an incredible sum for an inexperienced leftback.

So that will be another 40m in the books for this season.

Whatever you think about them, alot of cash flow at both ends.

mc_lovin

Still amazed they spend 600m last summer and very little quality to show for.

But yeah, they sell incredibly well as well. They found their nieche not siging the real top-class players, but the ones right in the middle you can sell on without a loss.

Andresito

Staff member
There's a theory of them making all these transfers and counting on receiving a transfer ban. But they'll have 25-30 players in hope that at least some of them turn out to be successes. 16 of their players are contracted to 2030 or further.

Their squad is incredibly young btw. There's Thiago Silva at 38, then a reserve GK at 31 and Sterling at 28. Rest are 26 or below with the average being 23 (ours is 25.6), by far the youngest in PL and the second youngest in top 5 leagues after Toulouse. So despite all that money spent it'll probably take a few years before they become a real contender.

Home of Barca Fans