Champions League

BarcaOG

Banned
It could be boring to Barca fans in our heyday when we were so good and we were winning almost every single game convincingly so you lose that sense of suspense before the game. I know I felt like that sometimes. Now I miss that boredness so much.

sorry to pick up on a topic we put behind some pages ago but man i really cant wrap my head around this. in the years 08-11 i actively looked forward to every single barca match, i could not wait to see prime xavi-iniesta-busi and messi just absolutely tear it up and score tons and tons of goals.

in contrast for the last few years ive skipped tons of barca games and i am never really surprised when we play lethargic, uninspiring and umotivated football...these days specially i actually kind of dread games because i dont want to see us get humiliated, instead of looking forward to them!

raedkuwait

You just couldnt find a weak link in that squad, it was valdes ofcourse, but you had to get to him. What a time to be alive, imagine you have a world class tier players in every position and after ten years you still didnt ensure at least 1 world class tier player in every department of the pitch. Barto magic

Valdes was a beast, barca defence was never that
Good every team had many chances against us, and
The so called weak link Valdes was a beast in important
Matches unlike Ter shit, I advice you to go back and
Look at those important matches all teams had
Lots of chances against us including arsenal in that
Final, if it was Ter shit in many of those important
Matches we would have never won, Valdes mind
Is head and shoulder above Ter, u make it sound
Like our defence was rock solid back then which it
Wasn't.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Really? Can I have the "nowhere near" part quoted?
But yes, I do consider Juventus to be better than Chelsea.

Well while we are at it. My personal Tier List:

Tier S: 1-2. Bayern, Liverpool
Tier A+: 3-4. City, PSG
Tier A: 5-6. Madrid, Juventus
Tier B: 7-13. Atletico, Tottenham, Milan, Chelsea, Dortmund, Leipzig
Tier C: 14-X. Rest
Tier stop fucking frustrating me every week: Hannover 96

Milan obviously not part of the "who wins CL" discussion, but I consider them top 13 strengthwise regardless.

Ah noch ein Deutscher hier, sei gegr??t!

Richard.H

Tier stop fucking frustrating me every week: Hannover 96

Milan obviously not part of the "who wins CL" discussion, but I consider them top 13 strengthwise regardless.

I've seen you post on this forum a lot and I have a genuine question for you: What team are you a fan of?? I've seen you rooting for Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, and now supposedly Hannover 96? I don't understand. Is being a fan different in Germany than Spain? The equivalent of being a fan of Dortmund and BM is the same as someone in this forum rooting for both Barca and RM?

Kul_z

I've seen you post on this forum a lot and I have a genuine question for you: What team are you a fan of?? I've seen you rooting for Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, and now supposedly Hannover 96? I don't understand. Is being a fan different in Germany than Spain? The equivalent of being a fan of Dortmund and BM is the same as someone in this forum rooting for both Barca and RM?

Well, thats called patriotism. Which is cool, root for the club from your country if your favourite drops out. But in barca-madrid case is more like they are subscribed for throphies so fans root against always, but hey, considering the recent form of both that might change haha

Yannik

I've seen you post on this forum a lot and I have a genuine question for you: What team are you a fan of?? I've seen you rooting for Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, and now supposedly Hannover 96? I don't understand.

Hannover 96.
Internationally I root for German teams. Rather Bayern than Dortmund for me personally. That's less of being a fan, and rather some sort of patriotic sympathy.

The equivalent of being a fan of Dortmund and BM is the same as someone in this forum rooting for both Barca and RM?

Barca and Real rivalry are not comparable with Dortmund and Bayern "rivalry". Bayern vs Dortmund hasn't even been a thing until 10 years ago and now the media calls it "Der Klassiker" just to build hype.
Most people in Germany don't have any cultural investment in this.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Valdes was a beast, barca defence was never that
Good every team had many chances against us, and
The so called weak link Valdes was a beast in important
Matches unlike Ter shit, I advice you to go back and
Look at those important matches all teams had
Lots of chances against us including arsenal in that
Final, if it was Ter shit in many of those important
Matches we would have never won, Valdes mind
Is head and shoulder above Ter, u make it sound
Like our defence was rock solid back then which it
Wasn't.

Valdes was shit. Deal with it. Dani alves, pique, puyol, abidal- with busi/yaya toure, xavi was a shit defense? Yes it was, try to find a stat how many shots per game we had then, you'd be surprised.

KingLeo10

Lmao, the defense which kept prime Chelsea and United (with Ballon d'Or holder CR7, Rooney and tevez) to 1 goal in 3 games in the CL SF and final was shit?

raedkuwait

Lmao, the defense which kept prime Chelsea and United (with Ballon d'Or holder CR7, Rooney and tevez) to 1 goal in 3 games in the CL SF and final was shit?

Man no one can read!? No one said the defence was
Shit where did u read that!? But those teams had
There chances and many of them, but valdes was
Beast in those matches, if it was Stegen he would
Have leaked goals and then all of you would say
That defence was bad. Valdes had many games where
He would turn the Beast mode on. If it was stegen
It would 100% not have been 1 goal in 3 matches.

Morten

Man no one can read!? No one said the defence was
Shit where did u read that!? But those teams had
There chances and many of them, but valdes was
Beast in those matches, if it was Stegen he would
Have leaked goals and then all of you would say
That defence was bad. Valdes had many games where
He would turn the Beast mode on. If it was stegen
It would 100% not have been 1 goal in 3 matches.

Would you like me to tell you the amount of goals Barca conceded in 09/10 and 10/11?

Home of Barca Fans