Champions League

Barcilliant

Let's hear some score predictions then. We're close enough now!

3-1 Liverpool. Ancelotti will make a mistake and make the team sit too deep. Liverpool will score two quick goals. Madrid will than come out of their shell and get one back, applying pressure. However Liverpool will deal them an 85 minute sucker punch and win .
Now watch how I get it completely wrong lol

FC B

If circumstances stop going in rm's favour they won't be winning it. I hope they consumed all their luck for this season by now and oh boy, they had tons of it.

Temptation

:lol::lol: Y'all really pandering to that "mentality monsters" gimmick aren't you?

Football is simple. You have the better manager + better players. Lesser winning pedigree/mentality compared to RM but it's not a tremendous difference.

Klopp has himself credited our ability to grind results to the neuro scientists(and these are real scientists, mind you:lol:) and these kinda technologies used at the club.

I'd trust Klopp more than you on this one especially in this case where he could himself just take all the credit but instead gives it to the modern advancements within the club.

Barca board think in the same way as you do: Better player Bigger name blah blah. Dinosaurs who brush off these things don't realise how far sport science has come.

Compare fitness levels of squads in Europe and you'll see clear differences.

KingLeo10

Klopp has himself credited our ability to grind results to the neuro scientists(and these are real scientists, mind you:lol:) and these kinda technologies used at the club.

I'd trust Klopp more than you on this one especially in this case where he could himself just take all the credit but instead gives it to the modern advancements within the club.

Barca board think in the same way as you do: Better player Bigger name blah blah. Dinosaurs who brush off these things don't realise how far sport science has come.

Compare fitness levels of squads in Europe and you'll see clear differences.

Barcelona 14/15 showed a higher fitness level (with players who had already won a shitload of trophies between 08 and 12, much more so than Pool players who are comparatively fresher) than Pool 21/22.

We won 50 games out of 60, competing against peak RM and AM in LL + Copa, and City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus in CL. Liverpool will have played about the same number of games with less wins. We also basically played the Gala XI (same XI) in the last 35-40 games of the season post Anoeta. You rotate much more.

Factors such as intrinsic player talent, intrinsic player fitness (e.g., prime Alves) trump marginal improvements (as things currently stand) through these "new" technologies. The gimmick part is attributing a lot of your success (and it ain't even that much - 1 CL (maybe 2) , 1 PL in 5 years) to such factors.

Managers shouldn't be taken at face value. Pep says a lot of crazy things and so does Klopp.

P.S. How about we find the primary sources (peer reviewed published articles for the technologies Klopp is advocating)...I'm willing to waste a couple of hours dissecting one of these papers and you do the same, and we both put forth our analysis on a thread. A couple hours expense to expose you as nothing more than a pop-science re-tweeter :lol:

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Going to duck this one too?

P.S. How about we find the primary sources (peer reviewed published articles for the technologies Klopp is advocating)...I'm willing to waste a couple of hours dissecting one of these papers and you do the same, and we both put forth our analysis on a thread. A couple hours expense to expose you as nothing more than a pop-science re-tweeter :lol:

Messigician

Barcelona 14/15 showed a higher fitness level (with players who had already won a shitload of trophies between 08 and 12, much more so than Pool players who are comparatively fresher) than Pool 21/22.

We won 50 games out of 60, competing against peak RM and AM in LL + Copa, and City, PSG, Bayern, Juventus in CL. Liverpool will have played about the same number of games with less wins. We also basically played the Gala XI (same XI) in the last 35-40 games of the season post Anoeta. You rotate much more.

Factors such as intrinsic player talent, intrinsic player fitness (e.g., prime Alves) trump marginal improvements (as things currently stand) through these "new" technologies. The gimmick part is attributing a lot of your success (and it ain't even that much - 1 CL (maybe 2) , 1 PL in 5 years) to such factors.

Managers shouldn't be taken at face value. Pep says a lot of crazy things and so does Klopp.

Good post but last part too personal nor needed in this interesting discussion

Temptation

Also Liverpool have played more games than Barca have played in any season and lost only 2 games all season.

All this while playing in a much tougher league from top to bottom and having an extra cup competition in a tighter schedule.

Home of Barca Fans