Champions League

Morten

Hazard's reaction after today...

I'd be livid if our player did that after getting destroyed by Roma/Liverpool/Bayern.

3987f1fc-b922-4648-90f3-d3591f5afa68-jpeg.195543

I hate him, so much.

serghei

We should follow this route. Sell all big names,

Sign relatovely young, energetic talented players without an ego. Then sign a competent tactical manager.

Far better than this geriatric shit by el classico teams

Good post. That's the way. Unfortunately, we don't have a core of very professional veterans. Most of our veterans are washed-up turtles with technique. Start building it up, and secure an elite manager ASAP.

JamDav1982

I believe you. Just never saw a team make real look so slow.

I think La Liga is so poor and lacking in pace/quality throughout the league the likes of Barca/Real and Atletico cant cope when face it in Europe.

The Championship in England has better teams than half the slow, old shite in la liga.

Richard.H

The games in last two night just show once again how much Barca lack in pace and intensity and that is even with Suarez, Rakitic etc gone.

Busi can have a game he passes well and folk drool... but he is still a massive liability in the team and how can press and move as a unit. Teams are leaving him on the ball and than attacking him when get it.

Pique is the same. He is done at this level even has some decent passes and last ditch tackles his body cant do the basics of what top teams need.

None of our seniors, only maybe Messi, can keep up with the CL pace required in the KO stages vs decent teams. Not sure how we can fix this and make a competent CL squad. Will probably need another "revolution" from the club ala Riijkard era or Pep era.

serghei

I think La Liga is so poor and lacking in pace/quality throughout the league the likes of Barca/Real and Atletico cant cope when face it in Europe.

The Championship in England has better teams than half the slow, old shite in la liga.

You went over the top. No need. We all know EPL is much better currently.

Bobo32

It feels a bit wrong that a team that were 4th last year and stand at 4th now, behind Leicester and just one win in front of West Ham, are in the CL final.
They were the better team in the semis, and supposedly in earlier rounds as well, but still.

serghei

It feels a bit wrong that a team that were 4th last year and stand at 4th now, behind Leicester and just one win in front of West Ham, are in the CL final.
They were the better team in the semis, and supposedly in earlier rounds as well, but still.

You also have to look at the format of the CL. Knockout format, small margins, these things favor the most athletic teams. Barca and Madrid are slow and washed up. You can't compete when teams are always stronger, faster, and first on the ball, first to press, breathing down your neck all game. Chelsea were all over Real Madrid. Benzema escaped two times, almost scored, but that's way way too little at this level.

ebc_99

It's a scary time for all of La Liga because all the money is flowing into EPL. For Italian fans and Spanish fans (of big clubs), the super league might not be a bad idea...

It's more that the best managers are flowing into the EPL, take Tuchel, Klopp & Pep out of the Premier and into La Liga it would turn around the other way, imo.

The next Premier League TV deal (2022-25) will not be an auction as usual as they fear it could be smaller than the current deal (2019-22) so they are going keep it at the current rate which is smaller than the previous one (2016-19), I think they have reached their limit for TV rights domestically anyway.

La Liga's current deal (2019-22)is up from the last (2016-19) so they have closed in considerably to the Premier League financially but still way off, unfortunately. They have to increase the next deal to close the gap further. The main problem with La Liga is that Barca and Real have wasted 100s of millions and both have mediocre managers and Atletico have grown stale under Simeone.

Barca have Koeman ffs, how can Barca expect to compete with clubs who have equal or better players and much much better managers. We got to hope that Xavi is the real deal, otherwise I don't know were our next top class coach os going to come from.

Morten

Chelsea are more like 2nd or 3rd if we base it on form though, they had some catching up to do after Lampard to get in 4th.

fergus90

Without exaggeration pretty much the entire top 10 in the Prem moves the ball faster, presses the ball quicker as a unit and counter attacks faster than Barca.

I used to suffer going to Villa Park every other week and watching Barca was my release. It's genuinely the other way around now in terms of excitement :lol:

Bobo32

You also have to look at the format of the CL. Knockout format, small margins, these things favor the most athletic teams. Barca and Madrid are slow and washed up.

I don't think so, there is fluctuation in results as there is high variance, but I don't think playing style is a deciding factor. At least not in favour of "athletic" teams.
Spanish teams are and have been very competitive, not by being more athletic.

Home of Barca Fans