Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
hey united guys, seen yaya's goal?

we do skip the midfield. hell, we did even skip the strikers. :p

S

Snyde

Sky Sports and uefa.com jouralist, Graham Hunter, said in "Revista de la liga" that he is confident that henry and iniesta might make it to the league match (osasuna, home) before the champions league final.
There you go.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Initeresting CL stat:

Barcelona's away games in the knock out stages all ended 1-1 with Barcelona scoring in the second half

nebeer

Love is All
Sky Sports and uefa.com jouralist, Graham Hunter, said in "Revista de la liga" that he is confident that henry and iniesta might make it to the league match (osasuna, home) before the champions league final.

There you go.

Very good news :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My 90 y.o. neighbor also said something but it didn`t occur to me to post what she`s confident about

E

Esteve

If Barça win (without Alves & Abidal of course), it'll be interesting to see how all you United supporters react ;) Also, a win for Barça would be a huge defeat for not only Manchester United, but for English football in general. The vast majority of English pundits have all but written us off & made little of the league we play in. Imagine if we were to show up two of their strongest sides in a matter of weeks :hooray: I'm not buying into this notion that Evra, Vidic & co. will be able to keep our lads quiet either. Aaron Lennon gave Evra the run around a few weeks back & Torres made a show of Vidic when Liverpool ran out 4-1 winners in Old Trafford. If Messi plays as he did against Madrid rather than playing wide for the 90 minutes, he'll cause Vidic & Ferdinand a lot of trouble.

alexjanosik

The Game
It is almost certain that Yaya and Pique will be paired together.
I am not so sure that it is the right choice.Yaya looked very vulnerable against Chelsea.He did well yesterday but he was barely tested all game.I would much rather Puyol partner Pique.
Puyol has been poor of late but he is experienced and I am sure he can be counted on.
If Yaya plays at the back there is a very good chance he will get caught on the break.He might make a professional foul on Ronaldo and could get red carded.United are very dangerous on the counter.
Plus we need Yaya in midfield.He is one of the best DM in the world.
Busquets is just not ready to play DM in a game of this magnitude.He goes down too easily and does not get back up fast enough if the foul is not called.
My lineup for the match would be

Caceras Puyol Pique Sylvinho

Yaya
Xavi Keita

Messi Eto'o Bojan

This is if Henry and Iniesta cant make it.If they do they will take up their usual positions.

Warik

In all fairness Graham Hunter does has alot of contacts within FCB. He has been right about alot of things in the past, with injuries etc so I don't see any reason to doubt him now tbh. Someone must have told him the information if he is saying it. I'd trust him over Balague any day of the week.

United

I think Tevez has found his scoring boots and not a moment too soon I might add. If he scores against Arsenal (IF Fergie plays him that is) he will probably get a start against Barcelona in the CL final. In that case, we might sacrifice Park for Tevez. Or we may even play a bold 4-4-2 with Tevez and Ronaldo as strikers.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I think Tevez has found his scoring boots and not a moment too soon I might add. If he scores against Arsenal (IF Fergie plays him that is) he will probably get a start against Barcelona in the CL final. In that case, we might sacrifice Park for Tevez. Or we may even play a bold 4-4-2 with Tevez and Ronaldo as strikers.

after being left out of the 18 last year, park will start the final. I guarantee.

and after the season he's had I can't see fergie not starting giggs either.

and everyone else is better than tevez so yeah.

United

Fergie did say that he wont disappoint Park this time. Even if Giggs plays, I doubt it will be on the wing. I think Giggs or Scholes will take up a CM berth along with Carrick who is a sure shot starter.

The problem having those two in midfield is that our midfield will become too soft and in danger of being overrun by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. So we need a hustler in midfield and since Fletcher is banned, Anderson will take that role.

Now, Anderson is really inconsistent and a gamble. Then again, playing a two man midfield against Barca is also a gamble. If Fergie decides to play a 3 man midfield, Anderson might start ahead of Tevez or else, Tevez might start in a 4-4-2.

E

Esteve

Barça have too much in midfield for United, it really doesn't matter who they play there, we will own the ball as per usual.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Fergie did say that he wont disappoint Park this time. Even if Giggs plays, I doubt it will be on the wing. I think Giggs or Scholes will take up a CM berth along with Carrick who is a sure shot starter.

The problem having those two in midfield is that our midfield will become too soft and in danger of being overrun by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. So we need a hustler in midfield and since Fletcher is banned, Anderson will take that role.

Now, Anderson is really inconsistent and a gamble. Then again, playing a two man midfield against Barca is also a gamble. If Fergie decides to play a 3 man midfield, Anderson might start ahead of Tevez or else, Tevez might start in a 4-4-2.

I can 99% guarantee that injury permitting, the side you put out will be identical to the second leg vs. arsenal but with giggs in for fletcher.

vds
o'shea, rio, vidic, evra
carrick, giggs, anderson
park, ronaldo, rooney

and you'll play us the same way you played arsenal. anderson and carrick shield the back four and you counterattack with the three forwards and giggs. using ronaldo's pace to stretch our defence out - which is what worries me because pique's our best defender and his weakness is sheer pace, and I don't know if yaya is quick enough to catch ronaldo if he gets a start on him.

mind you we just have to make you play our game and score first.

if we can do that we've won IMO. coz then WE will sit back and counter with messi who, given space, will fucking eviscerate vidic time and time again.

Home of Barca Fans