Champions League: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint Germain 3-1

Barcilliant

Very probable PSG Line-up leaked yesterday:

Sirigu - VdW, TS, DL, Maxwell - Verratti, Motta, Matuidi (Pastore) - Cavani, Zlatan, Lucas.

Fuck, that lineup looks better then ours on paper!

Draw is the best we can achieve achieve that's how I feel

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Fuck, that lineup looks better then ours on paper!

Draw is the best we can achieve achieve that's how I feel

Not for me.

Of that line up I would only have Silva in the Barca team.

Matuidi is imo also a great player, Lucas is/was a one trick pony - just very fast - but he's slowly coming around, a little bit more versatile than Pedro lately and he can shake a defender (especially wake waka in his latest form), VdW is showing more promise and Veratti is a young talent. But overall I agree, Silva and maybe Matuidi for our midfield.

DrPepper

Not for me.

Of that line up I would only have Silva in the Barca team.

And Verratti.

Let's see what we can do here. I feel the first half will be really bad because of Lucho's once again failed experiments, but in the second half we will win the game.

Kohe321

Barca squad:

Ter Stegen, Bravo, Adriano, Alba, Bartra, Mathieu, Mascherano, Piqué, Sergio, Xavi, Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Rakitic, Pedro, Neymar Jr, Munir, Messi and Luis Suárez.

So who will be Luchos surprise at RB, Bartra or Adriano? If he really wants to surprise Blanc he starts Pedro there :pep:

gatsu

@Bertus

PSG victory in the last game was by no means a fluke, they outplayed us tactically speaking, more than that regarding the last 3 games against them it's 2 draws and a win for them, they perfectly know how to counter us and I don't think tonight's game will be much different if Lucho doesn't bring some serious tactical changes.

They have a clear gameplay idea, their midfield is better than ours in terms of cohesion and equilibrium, defensively they are very efficient (they didn't concede a loss yet), we are only superior on the frontline.

It's not gonna be easy and it is a true test for Lucho, as for our current place in europe, the team is relatively new and our collective isn't completely mature yet, right now we are no much for the likes of Atletico, Chelsea, Real and Bayern, we'll need some more times, and this is basically why securing the first place is a must.

Last edited:
E

El_e8

Possible line-up (vs PSG): TerStegen - Adriano Pique Mathieu Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar

Would honestly prefer Mascherano instead of Pique. Those last man tackles might be crucial tonight.

Schumi

This thread is giving me cancer with pessimism.Not reading this anymore until after the match.

I agree with you, unfortunately.

While it is true that we have some serious issues, this forum has blown them out of all proportion. If one was reading this without knowing our results, they would think that Barca were now mid-table and already out of the CL.

Many on here keep repeating ad nauseam that we are playing badly, but have they ever bothered sitting though 90mns of the matches of so-called superior teams to us like Real Madrid, Bayern and :lol: Chelsea?

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

Possible line-up (vs PSG): TerStegen - Adriano Pique Mathieu Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar

Would honestly prefer Mascherano instead of Pique. Those last man tackles might be crucial tonight.

We need height against PSG, so Pique-Mathieu is the best CB pair..Maybe Masch as DM would be better but I think Busi will be fine too.

Last edited:

gatsu

Since when Pique became an insurance in aerial duels, we don't need height we need aggressiveness and true leadership, Masche must play.

Home of Barca Fans