Champions League 23/24

Who will win CL this season?

• Total voters

Kul_z

If you get fouled while in better position to get the ball, its foul. If you get fouled while chasing the ball that you had lost control of, its not a foul, and 100% not in penalty area.

serghei

I'm sorry, Horatio, but you are wrong.

Raphinha makes a dribble. Look at the position of the defender's leg when Raphinha changes direction. The legs are pretty close together.
image.png

In the next moment, watch as Raphinha puts the ball past him and he intentionally moves his leg in his runnning path, as to cut him off in his chase of the ball.
image.png

For me, this is a pretty clear penalty. There is no reason the defender stretches his leg that far out, except to trip the attacker.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm sorry, Horatio, but you are wrong.

Raphinha makes a dribble. Look at the position of the defender's leg when Raphinha changes direction.
image.png

In the next moment, watch as Raphinha puts the ball past him and he intentionally moves his leg in his runnning path, as to cut him off in his chase of the ball.
image.png

For me, this is a pretty clear penalty. There is no reason the defender stretches his leg that far out, except to trip the attacker.
In the first pic raphinha alread has long cut the ball to move in a different direction. Then he makes extra step before turning himself.

Birdy

Yes the defender sticks out a leg
The problem is that you don't see what happens in the next phase: Raphina has time to change his running path, and opts to continue straight so as to bump into the sticked out leg and fool the ref into a pen

Still waiting for a source and a reference to which rule you are referring.
Until now, you are throwing personal takes out of your ass

Birdy

@serghei sorry mate you are clueless...

You think that sticking out legs/tackling/ trying to play a ball in football is something like screening in basketball

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes the defender sticks out a leg
The problem is that you don't see what happens in the next phase: Raphina has time to change his running path, and opts to continue straight so as to bump into the sticked out leg and fool the ref into a pen

Still waiting for a source and a reference to which rule you are referring.
Until now, you are throwing personal takes out of your ass
Yes, raphinha takes “long way around” as to catch his leg. Not how you slow down cut ball and change direction naturally.

serghei

Yes, raphinha takes “long way around” as to catch his leg. Not how you slow down cut ball and change direction naturally.

Let's agree to disagree. It's an endless discussion. For me, pretty clear pen on Raphinha and Elliot for the same reasons. The defender doesn't get near the ball and trips the attacker in his legitimate chase of the ball.

And any similar instances like that in the future.

The Saka one seems to not be a penalty.

Birdy

Let's agree to disagree. For me, pretty clear pen on Raphinha and Elliot for the same reasons.

A page ago you claimed you know the rules of football and me and Horatio are dummies

Now it became 'for me' it is a pen...

Still waiting for clarification on which exact IFAB rule you are referring to

PS: You are probably sweating now, trying to find something on the net that saves you from another embarrassment
LOL :LOL: Poor guy

Horatio

You're welcome
Let's agree to disagree. It's an endless discussion. For me, pretty clear pen on Raphinha and Elliot for the same reasons. The defender doesn't get near the ball and trips the attacker in his legitimate chase of the ball.

The Saka one seems to not be a penalty.
Gonna be honest with you, dont have issue with elliott penalty given but it did not go down way you described it. Wan did not catch him directly, but did end up tangling with elliots legs after he had fallen already and after elliot had played ball. Question is if elliott could have still played ball after his touch. I think he likely could, so no issue with pen

Also, agree with you on saka pen. Unnaturally lets his leg trail to catch neuer

Raphinha stance remains same

Now really have to hit hay.

serghei

Gonna be honest with you, dont have issue with elliott penalty given but it did not go down way you described it. Wan did not catch him directly, but did end up tangling with elliots legs after he had fallen already and after elliot had played ball. Question is if elliott could have still played ball after his touch. I think he likely could, so no issue with pen

Also, agree with you on saka pen. Unnaturally lets his leg trail to catch neuer

Raphinha stance remains same

Raphinha's pen is a good situation for setting things straight for how you interpret the rules of the game. For me it is very clear pen.

As for Elliott, it's irrelevant what would have happened after Wan Bissaka's failed tackle clipped him. He didn't get the ball, got the player instead, that's 90% of the story.

Birdy

As for Elliott, it's irrelevant what would have happened after Wan Bissaka's failed tackle clipped him. He didn't get the ball, got the player instead, that's 90% of the story.

Wan Bissaka's failed tackle did not touch him. All of Bissaka's body landed on the ground and his action ended there.
What happened afterwards is Elliot's action after Bissaka's tackle failed

Still waiting for the IFAB rule that has anything to do with blocking a ball carrier's path

Birdy

Ok, we have established that Serghei is making rules up that don't exist!
I read the whole list and there is nothing there that resembles Serghei's requirement of not presenting 'hurdles' in the path of a ball carrier

@serghei, the guy who always chickens out and go hides/leaves conversation when cornered and called out on his BS ...

Home of Barca Fans