Champions League 2022/2023

Who will win the CL?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
GAltier catered everything according to Messi's needs.
If it doesn't work out in the end, PSG Galtier and Messi will become a joke

I know you hate Messi and think he is a finished footballer, but to say PSG and Galtier catered his tactics and team to Messi's needs is just laughable :lol:

Birdy

I know you hate Messi and think he is a finished footballer, but to say PSG and Galtier catered his tactics and team to Messi's needs is just laughable :lol:

I don't hate Messi, I hate the fanboyism he carries.
And YES, he is finished.

Then, no it's laughable to simply don't see it.
4atb formations don't work with MEssi as winger, as he is never on the wing.
The only formation that covers that are 3/5atb with wingbacks formations.
Plus Galtier doing the same for Neymar to play with 2 number 10s centrally

And if your eyes are not enough, Ballague wrote today that Galtier changed formation to accommodate Messi and Luis Campos approved that too.

Birdy

Tactically Graham Potter is one of the best managers in football.

Chelsea look already like a different team compared to a month ago

Problem is that they are waiting Milan on the counter. Can't win against small opposition like that. He has to work that out

DonAK

I don't hate Messi, I hate the fanboyism he carries.
And YES, he is finished.

Then, no it's laughable to simply don't see it.
4atb formations don't work with MEssi as winger, as he is never on the wing.
The only formation that covers that are 3/5atb with wingbacks formations.
Plus Galtier doing the same for Neymar to play with 2 number 10s centrally

And if your eyes are not enough, Ballague wrote today that Galtier changed formation to accommodate Messi and Luis Campos approved that too.

Ah yes, the all reliable Guillem Balague.

Now, if you said Galtier found a working system to accommodate his front three working then you'd have a point, but it's moreso accommodating Neymar as a #10 than Messi considering PSG's plan was Mbappe, #9 and Messi in the summer with no Neymar in the primary plans of the team. Only reason you mention Messi is because you love the good ol "I told you so" with you always thinking you're the smartest man in the room.

If you want to see a manager or team really cater their tactics to a player you need not watch further than Barca last night when Xavi chose to let Dembele have 90% of the ball to do fuck all as he's done in nearly every game of importance he has played for us since he joined back in 2017.

DonAK

Sucks watching guys like Reece James, Cancelo and Trent(shit defender tho) play while we have to use Kounde as a RB with Roberto and Bellerin as his backups, after already having to go through shit players like Semedo and sadly Dest too.

Birdy

Ah yes, the all reliable Guillem Balague.

Now, if you said Galtier found a working system to accommodate his front three working then you'd have a point, but it's moreso accommodating Neymar as a #10 than Messi considering PSG's plan was Mbappe, #9 and Messi in the summer with no Neymar in the primary plans of the team. Only reason you mention Messi is because you love the good ol "I told you so" with you always thinking you're the smartest man in the room.

If you want to see a manager or team really cater their tactics to a player you need not watch further than Barca last night when Xavi chose to let Dembele have 90% of the ball to do fuck all as he's done in nearly every game of importance he has played for us since he joined back in 2017.

Few things:

1) There is nothing of the "I told you so" kind in pointing out an obvious fact that many blind people here deny, and keep denying because of their love for Messi.
Yes, the system is accommodating his front three in total, but only Messi looked very bad last season. Neymar was ok, and Mbape was great.

2) Selling Neymar was never gonna happen, and besides all that 'neymar out' saga came from unconfirmed rumor mills

3) Ballague is maybe the most reliable person when it comes to Messi after his family. He wrote his biography

4) Funny how you tell me off for 'hating Messi', while you - any many other haters here - are so quick to namedrop Dembele in every discussion, despite 0 connection to the topic discussed.
For the record, Dembele did more than all our attacking players combined last night.
If you think he was the problem for the loss, and not Xavi's tactics, you should check your bias

Home of Barca Fans