Champions League 2016/17

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Dont think Real even really tried to win the midfield battle.

Even before the red Real were countering and making more chances than Bayern were.

I agree, it was just counter after counter down the wings. They were outperformed in the middle until the red, but that doesn't hinder their attack at all as they'll just use Carvajal and Marcelo to go down the line and create chances/space on the wings.

Raketa10

If Vidal scored that penalty it would have ended differently. Never underestimate Germans this still ain't over.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Btw. Even under Rijkaard first season they said dark days ahead and yet we topped the World. In Frank's last year it was doom and gloom and yet we came back stronger than ever under Pep. Pep left, dark days ahead again and yet Barca wins a treble.

Now it's dark days ahead once more. Sure, things are having a downturn but change is ahead and FCB history taught us never to give up on this club.

Good post Bojan.

That said, I wish we could see some hopes for real change. Maybe just a glimmer. But I don't see it so we will have to wait a bit longer this time.

We need better planning from the board, better players and really, a winning mentality and some badly needed motivation, tactics etc. from a new manager.

Last edited:

hellsangel1

Btw. Even under Rijkaard first season they said dark days ahead and yet we topped the World. In Frank's last year it was doom and gloom and yet we came back stronger than ever under Pep. Pep left, dark days ahead again and yet Barca wins a treble.

Now it's dark days ahead once more. Sure, things are having a downturn but change is ahead and FCB history taught us never to give up on this club.
We had the benefit of Messi and a golden La masia generation to guide us through those periods. No such luck now, especially if Real make the right decisions and our board keeps fucking up.

Morten

If i had to pick right now, between CL and la liga, i would still pick CL. Nothing compares to this tournament, imo.

jamrock

I will never understand why players take PK's and try to hit the high into the roof, the moment he missed that I turn off the TV & walk out

Barcilliant

Madrid have a world class squad and Zidane has done very well so far. He may not be a great coach but he is clearly a great motivator. No matter how well it how badly they play they always have intensity,

They also have a quality squad and are always looking to add to that. De Gea and Hazard to join next?

All we have is a star front three and shit behind that.

Raketa10

Good post Bojan.

That said, I wish we could see some hopes for real change. Maybe just a glimmer. But I don't see it so we will have to wait a bit longer this time.

We need better planning from the board, better players and really, a winning mentality and some badly needed motivation.

I just hope Real doesn't win 2CL during that time...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I just hope Real doesn't win 2CL during that time...

They very well might be. They have much better planning, stuffing with all three lines with young and promising talents that are ready to step up. Meanwhile we are FC Old Geezers with no real signs of finding quality replacements.

I am pretty sure in the immediate years after Messi's departure they will enjoy the total upperhand vis-a-vis us in all competitions. Be ready for a long dark ages before seeing lights at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

Meatball

Mentality is overrated, they just have better players.

I was watching Benzema, its incredible his link up play and how much pressure he puts on the defense when he turns on his pace.
Extremely underrated player.

Also, dumb catalan press poked fun at how Madrid spends billions on super star players, and we have La Masia.

Guess what, spaniards? Buying the best players usually works. La Masia had a golden generation, dumb dumbs. It was exceptional, not the norm.

I remember Madrid fans even thought Madrid had to use spanish youngsters and just buy spanish players, lol how wrong they were? Spain has almost nothign to offer compared to Brazill, Germany etc

It's quite the opposite actually! Mentality and team's spirit are often underestimated! Just take a look again at how Bayern and Real played before and after the Vidal's missed penalty! That missed pen clearly boosted Madrid players spirit n put Bayern's morale to death! Bayern players tried to cheer themselves up after that but let's be real, they must have still felt a bit down! Coupling this with the red card n Bayern was done :(

KingLeo10

They very well might be. They have much better planning, stuffing with all three lines with young and promising talents that are ready to step up. Meanwhile we are FC Old Geezers with no real signs of finding quality replacements.

I am pretty sure in the immediate years after Messi's departure they will enjoy the total upperhand vis-a-vis us in all competitions.

real had five consecutive CL round of 16 exits to some truly horrible teams...football is about cycles, they're at the peak of theirs while we are at the end of ours. the only thing in our favor right now that our decade of dominance has brought us tons of money and fans and that in turn has bought us time to rebuild...we have the next 4-5 seasons to sort the ship before we enter into something of permanent decline like milan or liverpool or utd (they're almost there).

things change VERY fast in football, with the right singings and managerial appointment we could be in the mix as early as next season. remember we still have messi and neymar.

Devils

Fucking Bayern couldn't even get motivated to beat a Spanish side after the past 3 years of humiliation.

Hopefully Juventus draw Real in the semis and put them out. Real getting to the final would pretty much seal another CL titlle.

Home of Barca Fans