Chadi Riad

Porque

Yep, as Messi983 stated, the deal is probably structured this way to give Chadi air to develop.

Look at guys like Cucurella, Todibo and Miranda, and where they were when we first sold them to where they are now and their current (in case of Miranda and Todibo, peak market value in case of Cucu) price tag and club interest compared.

Sometimes the more time the better.

Porque

16904455327278.jpg

Deal is as mentioned by MD.

Only questionable part is Betis have buy option for 3m next season. While we have a buy back option for next season and the season after ONLY, for 7-8m.

A buyback for next season doesn't make sense. Is it really feasible that both Betis will want to sign him next season, and we want to bring him back?

IMO, buyback should have been for the 2-3 seasons AFTER Betis activating purchase.

khaled_a_d

16904455327278.jpg

Deal is as mentioned by MD.

Only questionable part is Betis have buy option for 3m next season. While we have a buy back option for next season and the season after ONLY, for 7-8m.

A buyback for next season doesn't make sense. Is it really feasible that both Betis will want to sign him next season, and we want to bring him back?

IMO, buyback should have been for the 2-3 seasons AFTER Betis activating purchase.

So buy option rather than mandatory clause?
Damn.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IMO he definitely has the potential to make it back here. Will be interesting to see how he develops there.
Realistically not many chances it will happen, but a core of Araujo, Chadi and Faye at CB in two years sounds great on paper if the latter two progress as the club hope.

khaled_a_d

Despite the result, I think he did fairly well against a team like ours, considering he is a rookie.
Can see him developing into a rotation CB in couple of years. A bit lost and don't know where to be at times but he has the physical tools and talent.
Betis could ve be great move for him

Messi983

So buy option rather than mandatory clause?
Damn.

They'll definitely buy him. Has established as a starter and Betis fans love him.

He has developed beyond my expectations in a short time. Will be interesting to see what we'll do with him and at CB in general over next 2-3 years. We have some good talents under club control (one way or another) and will need to find ways to develop their full potential and maximize value to generate money by selling at the right time and ofc more importantly also keep the best one or two of the bunch here longterm.

Could see us bringing Chadi back in 2025 as a left-footed CB when Inigo will probably leave. But ofc we also have Mika Faye who could also be loaned (or sold with a buy back) to get experience at a higher level if won't make a breakthrough here in next 6-18 months. Could potentially try him out as a defensive LB too (We've not seen him play there yet but wouldn't mind if Rafa would try him out in that position with Cubarsi and Mbacke at CB in some games) and that potential flexibility could "buy him" more time at the club. Sergi Roberto anyone? He's not a Catalan thoguh.

One question mark I have is how Chadi would do alongside Araujo as they are similar profiles. Chadi probably better on the ball (not quite AC or Inigo level though) and could still improve while Araujo probably is what he is in that aspect. Faye would probably be a better fit alongside our future captain.

There is also Mika Marmol who is a starter at UDLP who have the second best defense in La Liga (most people are probably unaware of that fact). But at 22 he's the oldest amongst them and IIRC we only have 50% of future sale and not a buy back. So we'll probably hope some club will pay good fee rather than try to bring him back.

Andres Cuenca is another player I like but he's probably a long shot to make it here at this point. You never know though.

And last but not least ofc Cubarsi who I could see as a longterm replacement for Christensen but he still needs to get much more experience. Not sure what's the best move for him next season but clearly should continue to play regularly at BA and potentially get some first team minutes this year.

I also like Mbacke and we have a buy option but he's a bit older and not sure we'll pay 6m for him (if reported clause is real). If can get him for half that price then maybe buy and loan him to increase his value before selling could be something to consider. He has everything to develop into a good to very good CB but probably not here. Another thing is I think he could also be tried as a RB but as with Faye (and even more so) not something I think the club really considers.

khaled_a_d

He has developed beyond my expectations in a short time.

Chadi always had that raw tools for a good CB, kind like Araujo who fulfilled his potential, Todibo who is on his way to do so & Faye whom many think highly of.
Last season he was a starter in a good Barca B side under Marquez snd he was decent but was never imposing enough and barely looked like the one he can be. Still I think last season was good experience for him and Marquez is proving to be a good influence on young players.
Now he is under Pellegrini who is a world class coach, and as you say it seems he is doing amazing work with the kid.
If Bayern is indeed willing to get Araujo, I might suspect Chadi will come back sooner than you think, unfortunately.

No idea about Cuenca tbh, Cubarasi looks interesting prospect but will need time to develop as he isn't physically ready, I think he should be a 1st team player at 20 or so just like Chadi.
For some reason I am not high on Faye as other people, I think of him as a guy to get some money from selling him.

Porque

Chadi may be a bit too limiting on the ball (he doesn't have the raw defensive skills to compensate for it for example like Araujo) but I think for what he has shown so quickly that we obviously have to buy him back before we lose the option.

Marmol on the other hand will probably never come back but he is very good on the ball and at circulation, that perhaps we could have tried him at some point in DMC. He is most similar to Bartra.

I reckon we retain Mbacke if we promote, or try to negotiate his clause down. In the end were going to have to give Pau Cubarsi the minutes and the Faye-Cubarsi partnership is a bigger development priority.

Porque

Next season. But I think we should have bought him back after the 24/25 season. He has only played 13 LaLiga games, another season starting would have done him well.

khaled_a_d

Next season. But I think we should have bought him back after the 24/25 season. He has only played 13 LaLiga games, another season starting would have done him well.

Probably an Emerson type of deal, so we want to cash on him immediately, or we we are ready to make a sale in defence to reinforce midfield

Saladin

One of Kounde or Christensen is getting sold in the summer I'd bet.
Hopefully Christensen, even though as a fellow Dane I like him. Koundé fucks around a lot but has a higher ceiling and AC is injured too often, sadly + we can cash in on him since he has a great name in PL and Europe.

Home of Barca Fans