Cesc Fàbregas

Antimadridista1

Cesc shows us once again how can he become a ghost during 90 minutes ( ok he scored the goal but was OFF during the hole match seriously...).
I have no idea of what is happening to him actually.

Garrus

His positioning is nowhere near messi's, And when i say no where near, I mean galaxies away.
We can't blame cesc, Only messi performs the false 9 role to perfection.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Bayern are already arrogant, they don't need the Don or Cesc to do that ;) What did Neuer do?

Nothing in particular (that I can think of at the moment anyhow) but he always strikes me as an incredibly cocky douche. Could be just me, of course, but that's the impression I get.

Stric

Once La Liga is finished, it will be evident that Fabregas played a huge role in it, regardless of the generally pale impression he left in the second part of the season. He contributed hugely to the lead which was created early on, and now he's been helping consistently to get closer to the title, especially during Messi's recovery. 10 goals and 13 assists in La Liga is more than enough to be satisfied with what he's done so far. He'll probably only get better with time.

Last edited:

dmode

Nah, Tello atleast tried to challange, get into good positions and open himself up for passes, and had some shots

Villa despite missing all the chances also opened himself up and actually got to situations where he could finish with shots on goal

Fabregas, except the goal, did nothing except failing dribbles and passes

Why do you bother to post on the Cesc thread? You are just biased. In three La Liga games he started as a false 9, not his position by miles, he scored 4 goals and provided 2 assists.

Vapor

The funny thing is everyone is scratching their heads and is so flabbergasted (I just realized that that word rhymes with his name lol) about his playing recently. It's clearly a DIP in form. The weird part is that for 2 seasons straight it has happened in the 2nd part of the season. But a DIP is a DIP... it's not indicative of the player as whole. Yes, I wish he wasn't in a dip and was playing at his full potential but it happens, he's still growing and maturing as a player.

He'll get his great form back eventually and then all of this doubt will seem silly once again. He's going through a rough patch... it's not fair or wise to make conclusions about him as a player based on how he plays going through a bad spell of form. He'll break out soon enough, I'm not worried.

I WILL say, however, that it may be fair to judge a player based on how many dips they go through and how often. The fact that Cesc consistently dips quite drastically in form IS a bit worrying... but I'm confident that he'll pick up some consistency as time goes on.

Last edited:

oz187

If scoring winning goals and getting assists is going through a rough patch, I hope all our players go through a season long rough patch.

slvtn

Once La Liga is finished, it will be evident that Fabregas played a huge role in it, regardless of the generally pale impression he left in the second part of the season. He contributed hugely to the lead which was created early on, and now he's been helping consistently to get closer to the title, especially during Messi's recovery. 10 goals and 13 assists in La Liga is more than enough to be satisfied with what he's done so far. He'll probably only get better with time.

Thank you. That has been of of the best contributions to this thread lately. I agree 100%.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yeah, I like your take on him although I remain skeptical about how he can be best used in this team so I'm not sure he will only get better...We'll see

Kerrybai

It's very unfair to be harsh on Cesc. At the end of the day he's stepping up to the plate and filling in for Messi. He's been played out of position for the good of the team, and he's not complaining about it. His struggle at false 9 highlights how incredible Messi is in that position.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
He obviously helped us win La Liga (just like Adriano or Sanchez for example) but for the big games he needs to be on the bench, no two ways about it.

Home of Barca Fans